Request help - Solution of protection for AVR and TV

Hahah yeah but locality I won’t complain much about power cuts. Only the voltage issues due to bad transformer and earth faults from distribution side :(
OP is in Kerala .. can't say anything there. If someone sneezes EB employees will go on strike and you can be off the grid for a couple of days. Am I wrong @kmkaks ?

OP is in Kerala .. can't say anything there. If someone sneezes EB employees will go on strike and you can be off the grid for a couple of days. Am I wrong @kmkaks ?
Hahaha very true about the employees sir.

@Love4sound
Just from today morning to noon, power got cut 3 times and this is just 5 kms from Thrissur city. Power situation needs to Improve here.

So I can go with 1200 or 1600va APC line interactive modified sine wave ups? It won't heat up or destroy the TV na?

Last edited:

@Love4sound
Just from today morning to noon, power got cut 3 times and this is just 5 kms from Thrissur city. Power situation needs to Improve here.

So I can go with 1200 or 1600va APC line interactive modified sine wave ups? It won't heat up or destroy the TV na?
It is the other way..if your UPS is of lower rating than the TV it will burn not the TV. TV is a load. TVs should be only around 150VA or so. That's why i wrote in your other thread 2kVA will be an overkill. If you are not adding any other load why spend for an equipment 10 times the capacity? Check the TV rating, add any other future loads you can think of, add say 15% safety margin and decide the rating of the UPS. That's what i might do .
Since I have no power issues in Abu Dhabi where i live i have not thought about UPS, stabilisers etc.

Last edited:

@Love4sound

Then just go with an ups that can handle 200-250 watts load. You get good ones for 4-5k

Then just go with an ups that can handle 200-250 watts load. You get good ones for 4-5k
Thanks for the assurance sir. Will get the popular APC model UPS then.

It is the other way..if your UPS is of lower rating than the TV it will burn not the TV. TV is a load. TVs should be only around 150VA or so. That's why i wrote in your other thread 2kVA will be an overkill. If you are not adding any other load why spend for an equipment 10 times the capacity? Check the TV rating, add any other future loads you can think of, add say 15% safety margin and decide the rating of the UPS. That's the i might do .
Since I have no powe issues in Abu Dhabi where i live i have not thought about UPS, stabilisers etc.
15% safety margin, got it.

It has been enlightening reading your discussions across threads. Thanks a lot for helping all of us out by sharing your knowledge.

Sirs, if I may ask, what is the best way to protect a 55 inch oled tv from primarily Power Cuts and secondarily low voltage issue?
You need a constant voltage transformer or CVT. Like this.
The above will address voltage issues. Not power outages. The latter, I would not worry about.
Also; I would not bridge a CVT with a UPS. Its either one of them.

Hi All I also had the same question three months back..after my search i found the right device to safeguard our Receiver, speakers , and subwoofers from voltage fluctuations...Its static voltage stabilizer..i got it from NKB technocrats pvt ltd Jaipur..
It's a better and secure option for me than the UPS, relay stabilizers, and servo stabilizers..Since it's based on Igbt technology the response time is very less comprising to servo..
So there is no chance to carry forward the excess or low voltage to the gadgets..And it has no moving parts to make any distortion to our music..and a beautiful display with voltage in, voltage out, and power consumption etc....

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back