Request recommendations on building sub 60k HT

NautankiBaaz

Hi folks.. This happens to be my first post on the forum. Hoping to get some clarity.
I have decided to build (as opposed to buy an HTiB) my HT.
Here are the specifications to help You Help Me :eek:hyeah:

Room size 10/11 ft in length and 11/12 ft in width.
TV- Samsung 43" plasma in front center.

Budget - Overall Rs 60k

Usage - 80% movies and the rest music.

Sources - My USB, My PC, Airtel DTH.

Hope this is good to suggest.

TIA.

I would suggest polk+denon as your movies ratio is mich higher. Go to profx near you or anyother store and audition polk audio RM6750, TL1600, TL2600 and one tsx series bookshelf i.e tsx110 or 220. If you want to buy satellites then tl1600 seems good for you. If you want to upgrade step by step then buy bookshelf speakers which will result in better performance. Audition and post your experience

I would suggest polk+denon as your movies ratio is mich higher. Go to profx near you or anyother store...

Thanks for the suggestions rayvonnee:signthankspin:.
I plan to build it bit it by bit as suggested by nearly everyone around.
Few questions -
1. Whats the difference in satellites and bookshelves? :confused:
2. Also, which specific model of Denon would you recommend in my budget - I realize there is X510bt and X500 ?

Thanks.

Polk is generally not very suited for music. Its more for movies. As far as movies performance goes there is no match for polks considering the prices. It gives higher end speakers a run for their money. I recommend you the polk+denon since you are really interested in movies. Definately if you can spend more money then you can as well buy higher end brands. If you want to go the step by step route I would suggest you go in for dali floor standers Audition some brands. Then you will get a fair idea of what sounds you prefer. Some speakers are bright, some are warm. In denon i feel there is some kind of punch to the sound which i liked very much. I heard many recievers and then took the call. Sound is very subjective. It differs from person to person. You may not like what i like or vice versa. So be sure to audition the speakers before you take any decision. Buy only if you are satisfied, if not then there is no point going ahead with the purchase. Make sure you audition as many brands as you can.
Denon X510BT is the model in 2015. X500 is an older one.
I would go in for x500 if available and add a media player or htpc(that's what ive done) which will give you all the extra features.
I was on the hunt for a basic avr and so went for x500.
I too started like you. Thinking of buying a htib. After coming to the forum, i went through multiple posts and threads and thought to build a proper ht with separates.
To start you can audition these speaker brands
Polk, Q acoustics, dali, wharfedale, boston acoustics, jamo, pioneer aj series, sonodyne and many more

Last edited:
I certainly am going to build it slowly... Going to audition the brands you mentioned over the weekend (that is before I watch IMAX Avengers):yahoo:

So my question now is - how do i begin ...
Just an AVR + 2 fronts then 6 months down the line add a sub / surrounds .OR
start with AVR +fronts and then add surrounds and then ad a sub ? etc etc
you get the idea right ??

I don't mind starting with a Denon 510bt as I need the USB option as well as a blue tooth to play sounds from my phone / laptop wireless...
Moreover, 3 years down the line if I move to a bigger place.. i can add another sub :clapping:

Yes the x510bt would really do, no issues. For movies it depends on what you like, however I would suggest
1. Avr+2 fronts
2. Center
3. Surrounds
4. Sub
In 60k budget if you get good floor standers then you won't miss the subwoofer much. But sub is a vital part of ht and differs from person to person. If you want that extra surr. effects buy surrounds first, if you want the weight and low frequencies to the sound add a sub.

Finally some auditions under the belt!
Speakers checked -
  1. Jamo 5.1 set (pronounced Yamo- as elucidated by the Reliance guy:eek: )
  2. Polk TSX series 110, 220, centers, sub
  3. Kef C series
  4. Pioneer - not sure of the model

AVRs
  1. Yamaha - not sure of the model
  2. Denon - 510bt, 2100

Set up I tried
  1. 2 + sub
  2. 2 + center
  3. entire 5.1

Sources -
  1. tried using the bluetooth feature to play some rock from my phone
  2. Watched a BR Dark Knight
  3. Heard Hotel California

My choice thus far -
AVR- 510bt
Why? Budget , plays blue tooth , has a USB port is the latest in Denon

My question is basically around initial set up - I finally want to reach a 5.2 configuration a couple of years or so down the line..
Should I go in for a 2 + sub to start with OR a 2 + center to start with OR stretch and go in for a 3.1 (including center):confused:

Finally some auditions under the belt!
Speakers checked -
  1. Jamo 5.1 set (pronounced Yamo- as elucidated by the Reliance guy:eek: )
  2. Polk TSX series 110, 220, centers, sub
  3. Kef C series
  4. Pioneer - not sure of the model
AVRs
  1. Yamaha - not sure of the model
  2. Denon - 510bt, 2100
Set up I tried
  1. 2 + sub
  2. 2 + center
  3. entire 5.1
Sources -
  1. tried using the bluetooth feature to play some rock from my phone
  2. Watched a BR Dark Knight
  3. Heard Hotel California
My choice thus far -
AVR- 510bt
Why? Budget , plays blue tooth , has a USB port, is the latest in Denon

My question is basically around initial set up - I finally want to reach a 5.2 configuration a couple of years or so down the line..
Should I go in for a 2 + sub to start with OR a 2 + center to start with OR stretch and go in for a 3.1 (including center):confused:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back