Request your Help in TV / HT / DVD Player selection

sun244

Friends,

After a lot of research on this forum and reading on Internet, still cannot decide. Currently I am in Bangalore.

I am looking to buy LCD or Plasma TV (Viewing distance approx 18 feet) with Home theater and DVD player. Primary purpose will be watching movies, sports, and ofcourse cartoons for kids :)

Maybe some basic game system for kids in a year or two.

The room has two windows facing TV and one behind. My research says LCD or LED is good, what you folks think?

One more thing that is bothering me is, I have a APC-UPS that is 800VA. Given my viewing distance, I think the TV needs to be above 42inches. Can the TV run on 800 VA UPS? If not ,Can you please
recommend UPS? I want atleast 15-30 minutes of TV running with UPS.

I plan to use this system for atleast for around 5 years. Can you please suggest TV / Home Theater / UPS / DVD player? My sincere thanks to all your inputs. For the time being, let us decide on best solution then worry about ve Budget as a constraint :-(

Thanks a million.

Sun

Thank You

Sunder

well u will need a 46" or above get a FHD tv,if ur kids happen to sit close and game.

well if u want to run a tv on a apc 800va then just get a samsung or LG Edge led lcds tvs.a 46/47" edge led lcd tv on a apc 800va at low backlight setting would give rougly about 30+min if the battery is new.

well u will need a 46" or above get a FHD tv,if ur kids happen to sit close and game.

well if u want to run a tv on a apc 800va then just get a samsung or LG Edge led lcds tvs.a 46/47" edge led lcd tv on a apc 800va at low backlight setting would give rougly about 30+min if the battery is new.

Can someone please suggest HT and DVD player also?

Thank You

Sun

Can someone please suggest HT and DVD player also?

Thank You

Sun

Again, you need to tell us your budget and your preference, i.e., movies or music for suggesting a HT.

For DVD player, if you wish to stick around with playing only DVDs and not blu-rays, then go for Pioneer 220, as suggested by our expert Venkatcr or if you could get hold on to Pioneer 610, then you can play SACDs as well. For budget players, you can look for models in Philips and LG.

Since you want to use your system for at least 5 years, I suggest that you go for a blu-ray player, which can also play DVDs. There are some good players around for a good price ranging from 7.5K to 13K if you get them via vendors like 20north, vpost, etc.

Regarding HT, for AVRs, there are lot of good brands and models available in the market such as Yammy 863 (mid-range), Denon 1910 (budget AVR), Denon 2310 (mid-range), Marantz x003 series, Onkyo 875, etc. And again your preference plays a vital role in selecting these.

Hope this helps!

Hi sun244,

You can also try the Philips DVP3388/94 DVD PLAYER, it has all the same features like the Pioneer DV610 model, but does lacks SACD and DVD-AUDIO playback. It also decodes DTS 5.1 onboard, where PIONEER DV-220 Lacks the DTS 5.1 decoding onboard.

http://www.hifivision.com/dvd-playe...vd-player-suggestion-place-pioneer-610-a.html

Please read the detailed specification for this dvd player in the above thread.

cheers.

Last edited:
Please give your opinion: Request your Help in TV / HT / DVD Player selection

Friends,

I have shortlisted following:

For TV

Model 47LH35FR Costing Rs. 61100

OR

46" Samsung for Rs.69990

OR

46" FULL HD LCD KLV-46V550A -> Rs.79900

For HT

Onkyo 3200

For DVD Player

Philips DVP3388/94 DVD PLAYER or Pioneer DV220

1. Please give your comments whether glaring good or bad or that I need to know.

2. I have two windows behind the TV and two windows in front of TV (approx 25feet from TV position). I think LCD should work. Any comments on this?

3. I am in Bangalore and planning to visit Modern World, Girias, Adhishwar, Devi. Any other stores for better pricing, you guys recommend?

Thank You

Sunder

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back