Require Network Capable Stereo Amp for MS Aviano 6

haisaikat

I am on lookout for a 2 channel dedicated stereo amp for my Aviano 6. The best paired amp that I have seen to go weel with these is the Cambridge Audio AZUR 650A which are made for each other but it lacks network capability. If it also has DLNA then it is even better but this is a nice to have feature only. Not decided in budget but expecting below 40K (although CA 650A is ~ 27K). I need this network capability because I dont want to add another CDP but rather have the amp pull flacs directly from my home network. Of course the other option is to use a sound card on my htpc and have the output fed into the stereo amp but i am still looking for a stand alone solution. Any help would be highly appreciable. I saw onlyo has one but not sure how well they will pair with the Avianos.

No dedicated Stereo Integrated will have DLNA support via network (or even network for that matter). In your budget what you need to consider is the Marantz CR603 Network CD Receiver - CD, Radio, iPod and DLNA support. I think it will be well within your budget. 60W/ch amp in this will be good enough for the Aviano 6.

The other option is to wait for the CA651A with USB input and connect your laptop / PC to it directly.

Personally, the best option would be to go for the CA650A or 651 and get a Logitech squeezebox (no DLNA but it can pull FLACs / WAVs / ALACs from a USB HDD / Memory Key or a PC on the network running Squeezebox server software). Can be controlled via iPhone / iPod Touch, has an excellent in-built DAC comparable to budget CD players.

Get an Integrated AMP and let it jus amplify the sounds..... Leave the Network and File Playing work to Devices like SqueezeBox, WDTV or any other Media player... or even Apple Airplay device (apple tv)

No dedicated Stereo Integrated will have DLNA support via network (or even network for that matter). In your budget what you need to consider is the Marantz CR603 Network CD Receiver - CD, Radio, iPod and DLNA support. I think it will be well within your budget. 60W/ch amp in this will be good enough for the Aviano 6.

The other option is to wait for the CA651A with USB input and connect your laptop / PC to it directly.

Personally, the best option would be to go for the CA650A or 651 and get a Logitech squeezebox (no DLNA but it can pull FLACs / WAVs / ALACs from a USB HDD / Memory Key or a PC on the network running Squeezebox server software). Can be controlled via iPhone / iPod Touch, has an excellent in-built DAC comparable to budget CD players.

Please check onkyo TX NR 8050 first DLNA network stereo amp.

I already have HTPC so need to add one sound card. However CA651 is also on my radar and thanks for mentioning it.

Get an Integrated AMP and let it jus amplify the sounds..... Leave the Network and File Playing work to Devices like SqueezeBox, WDTV or any other Media player... or even Apple Airplay device (apple tv)

With change of time these amp manufacturers need to upgrade themselves since we are living in a world where we peopple look for more coveinient solutiobs

I would recommend wait and go for a true audiophile amp cdp combo you already have the capability to stream flac via dlna using you ps3

kohinoorb, the problem with streaming using ps3 or my htpc is that i have to keep the tv on to control the playback at tines. So having a network capable player enables one to bypass the tv. I already haave a TT that i once brought from US and it has usb output as well. Also a cdp cum amp combo in future would be an option though but not sure how long, i started looking for options in this regard since onkyo has launched its tx 8050

Ya now i know what you are talking about it is indeed a major pain.. but the onkyo amp you are looking at i think wont really provide you the musical upgrade...

Since I have earlier heard the CA AZUR 650A playing very well with Avianos that is why I had high hopes arund the 651A but somehow I still am not satisfied with its USB as nowhere they say that USB Drive diect playback is supported for FLACS

Hi all,

To do full justice to the Aviano-6, use Marantz PM 8003 (or eqiv from NAD/CA) and for network capability see below :

Marantz US | NA7004

I think the stereo receivers will not do full justice to the speakers, even if it is from Marantz stable.

N.Murali

Thanks Murali, I get your suggestion to separate the requirement of Network and Stereo amp, in that I had sometime back shortlisted the CA AZUR 650A but am still looking for something if that can fulfill both in the same box and having the necessary power.

Satisfied with MS Aviano 6

Hai,

I am planning to buy Aviano 6 to be paired with Denon 2311 . How is that speakers. Are you satisfied ? Do you recommend it ? Thanks in advance.

I finally got hold of a AZUR 650A from one of the FMs, it was sparingly used and found in good condition. So amp hunt is settled for now

Re: Satisfied with MS Aviano 6

Hai,

I am planning to buy Aviano 6 to be paired with Denon 2311 . How is that speakers. Are you satisfied ? Do you recommend it ? Thanks in advance.

My Denon 1911 (predecessor of Denon 2311) gels very well with my Aviano 6, so you can very well go ahead should not be an issue, even a higher version of denon will be even better.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back