Required: Sound system to complete Home Electronics setup

Vats

Hello All,

I've been a forum member for a while now and found the threads to be informative and interesting. This is my first post which will (hopefully) double up as both an introduction and an advice-needed post.

I currently have a Panasonic 50'' V20 plasma, along with a PS3 and DishTV TruHD. I've got the visual components of my home system setup and need some help with the audio part.

Would like advice from the experts here on which setup makes the most sense for me -

I'm a sports junkie. NBA, EPL, other football, pretty much all sports form a staple of my non-work hours.

I love my music - classic rock, metal, alternate rock.

I'm also a movies junkie - watch both offbeat and mainstream (in the thriller, drama, crime genres).

Now to what I want. given that I have a ps3 which serves to act as a bluray player and provides 5.1 sound, along with a 50 inch full HD plasma, what should I setup in terms of a sound system to get a great all round experience (particularly movies and sports?)

Budget - 50k. give or take. although if you think there's great value for money at either 30k or at 70k i will consider both.

And finally, I know there are old threads that broadly cover this topic, but given my specific home theater components in place I wanted to know which sound setup would make the most sense.

Appreciate the time and inputs, thanks in advance

Onkyo 3300 or 5300 fits the bill if you dont want to Mix and match Speakers and AVR.
Other wise for 50 K , Denon and Polk or Q acoustic package is nice.

Since budget is 50 K , FS can be ruled out,

You are in Gurgaon and you can audition At MGF mall , Gurgaon Good BS From Polk and Jamo in 2 shops there.

If you want to ignore AVR now, you can go for Logi Z550 which can be connected to Both your PS3 and DISH and will cost 16 K approx . PS3 -> Optical -> Logi
Dish -> RCA -> Logi( I dont know if Dish has a coaxial)

Multiple options but all depend on your choice.

If you are ready to mix and match speakers and AVR (which I would suggest the best option at your budget), hear as much speakers as possible first. Don't think much about the AVR at this stage. Choose the best suiting your budget and linking and then choose an AVR. Ideally your speakers to AVR budget ratio can be something like 70:30. Regarding a particular brand of speakers: I can suggest only a few because I have heard only those - Wharfedales (good or above average SQ, value for money, laid back), Klipsch (above average SQ, bright sound stage), Jamo (good / average SQ, bright again), Polk (good / above average SQ, bright). This is my findings. This view may not hold the same if you try these speakers. So try as much as possible before moving on to AVR. As jatinmalhotra said, in your budget floor standers are out of scope. Try bookshelfs if you are not satisfied you can think of stretching the budget.

All the best!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back