[Resolved] Getting duped by HeadphoneZone

Thanks for this, I was really looking at a DAC/headphone amp from them but now all but dropped the idea..

Do look at theaudiostore.in too , they stock good amount of dac/amps. When it comes to chi/fi I doubt any assurances can be present of a quick replacement, however good service doesn't necessarily have to mean quick replacement and just being communicative enough is sufficient.

Thanks for this, I was really looking at a DAC/headphone amp from them but now all but dropped the idea..
They agreed for a complete refund the very next day. I won't call their support that bad now, tbh.
Even I am considering to get the D10 balanced DAC from them.

Congratulations...

Time to Change the Thread Title..
"Almost Got Duped by HPZ, Hadn't HFV Been There"
Actually, I wanted to make all such updates in the original post. But it looks like HifiVision does not let you do that.

They agreed for a complete refund the very next day. I won't call their support that bad now, tbh.
Even I am considering to get the D10 balanced DAC from them.

Actually, I wanted to make all such updates in the original post. But it looks like HifiVision does not let you do that.
You are lucky you got cash refund. Others haven't been so.

There are a lot of happy customers for HPZ. Many positive accounts of good service too. A wide variety of quality brands available. Their only irksome policy is refund via store credit. May be being kinda monopoly grants you some freedom with your terms.

Store credit does not amount to refund!! Thats the sad story of India. Once you have handed your money to an establishment and the item turns out to be defective, all you get is store credit. You are forced to buy an item that you may not like as its the only way you can recover the worth of your expenditure.

I thought I was the only one who had a bad experience with hpz. So here is my long story. :)
Almost 3 years ago I ordered a Oppo DAP from them. Before ordering I talked to one of them, probably Jay or Joy, and asked about a particular version which had better reviews.

It was not OPPO DAP but rather Opus #1 and the version was metal premium. :)
I have always confused Opus with Oppo.

I am ok with things as are. Just sharing thoughts. Usually in forum search or for that matter google search shows cached title about particular subject/brand/company. And people dont go through whole thread. So better to change title by adding in bracket '(Resolved)' in the end to give a fair chance.

I am ok with things as are. Just sharing thoughts. Usually in forum search or for that matter google search shows cached title about particular subject/brand/company. And people dont go through whole thread. So better to change title by adding in bracket '(Resolved)' in the end to give a fair chance.
Yes, that's what I wanted. But it looks like HifiVision doesn't let you edit the original post.

It is Company Policy! I have came across many such cases. One case was where it was error on part of HPZ which resulted in return. Then even after some months refund was given in store credit.

They are good with warranty where Company is responsive and replacement is concerned. But they are PITA if you need to get refund.

Disclaimer - I never dealt with them. My opinion is based on user experience and HPZ communication I came across.
i think it may have also something to do with our consumer laws.if these things get defined by probably stating that any refund can be only done to the same mode of payment that the cust made,such mess can be sorted.also though this may sound like ridiculous but hey the rbi does stuff that causes so much issues like stopping recurring txns etc.i think its not the individual entities but our laws that cause us so much pain and pocket burn in case of products and services.

One more thing is every company and service in india works with the default assumption that we indians are a bunch of cheats and hence any refund or replacement request should not be entertained.our laws too seldom help us

Last month, I was planning to buy SMSL DA-9 from HPZ but finally bought it from overseas because HPZ listed it as a preorder item with some three-four weeks' delivery time. Though I paid a hefty customs duty on buying from abroad, I got it quickly.

My main attraction for buying from HPZ (despite a higher price) was it offered a one-year warranty. And to some extent, I wanted to support a local enterprise.

After reading your experience, that attraction seems elusive.
How much duty they charged you?

Just an update from my side. I pulled the trigger and got myself a Topping L30 headphone amp from headphonezone.in. It was a pleasant experience, I wanted to get the one with serial numbers were later than 2012, and they assured it will be and delivered. Their shipping speed could be better though... I know I didn't have to deal with returns etc., but still wanted to put it out there...

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back