[Resolved] Getting duped by HeadphoneZone

So the HPZ's escalation manager contacted me today in the afternoon and she finally agreed to offer a complete refund on this purchase back to the original payment method.
She said that they usually provide the store credit as the customer can once again buy another headphone as per their choice from their website within a similar range, instead of getting forced into an equivalent product. But in my case, since there are no other options in the same price range, she agreed to offer a refund once the product is picked up.
Since I was using Topping PA3's power adapter to power my AIYIMA A07, she agreed to let me keep it till my purchased power adapter arrives from China (as I ordered it today only, it will take atleast a month to arrive). Otherwise, I would have been left without a working amp for a month.

View attachment 62841

And yes, HeadphoneZone's team did come around this thread which also helped me to get to the resolution quickly. Though, I hope nobody has to create such a thread to get a satisfying resolution.

Thanks a lot everyone for your support. I will update the post once the product is picked up and the refund is initiated.
It is always a nice feeling that when this sort of discussion on forums like these forces online merchants to reconsider their decision and hopefully formulate their policies keeping in mind what the end customer wants from them.
Compulsions given the times we live in!
Good to know that HPZ and probably many other Indian distributors are made aware of hifivision.

So the HPZ's escalation manager contacted me today in the afternoon and she finally agreed to offer a complete refund on this purchase back to the original payment method.
She said that they usually provide the store credit as the customer can once again buy another headphone as per their choice from their website within a similar range, instead of getting forced into an equivalent product. But in my case, since there are no other options in the same price range, she agreed to offer a refund once the product is picked up.
Since I was using Topping PA3's power adapter to power my AIYIMA A07, she agreed to let me keep it till my purchased power adapter arrives from China (as I ordered it today only, it will take atleast a month to arrive). Otherwise, I would have been left without a working amp for a month.

View attachment 62841

And yes, HeadphoneZone's team did come around this thread which also helped me to get to the resolution quickly. Though, I hope nobody has to create such a thread to get a satisfying resolution.

Thanks a lot everyone for your support. I will update the post once the product is picked up and the refund is initiated.

Happy that you got a resolution , however I hope such escalations are not needed in future for anybody else. They could have had a discussion on alternate products and then if you were not wanting to go for anything refunded the money right away.

HPZ and Raghav Somani were tagged on Twitter with the URL of this thread on Oct 7 at ~10pm by a close friend (who is also a HPZ customer and an acquaintance of Raghav) whom I requested since I'm not on Twitter. Raghav thanked my friend for bringing this to his notice and I'm glad that it all worked out.

HPZ and Raghav Somani were tagged on Twitter with the URL of this thread on Oct 7 at ~10pm by a close friend (who is also a HPZ customer and an acquaintance of Raghav) whom I requested since I'm not on Twitter. Raghav thanked my friend for bringing this to his notice and I'm glad that it all worked out.
Thats nice of you Keith

View attachment 62841

This is first report I came across where someone got refund to original payment method. More power to HFV!

"The Keyboard is mightier than the sword" in today's times.
Glad it worked out for the op but sad that it had to go through all this which should have been effectively tackled by the so called "customer care". Not sure if the trust in them can be reversed though.
To be fair, the customer care folks usually follows a standard cookbook and don't apply their mind or are not authorized/encouraged to apply it. Prospective customers should get clarity on these aspects before buying and then take an informed decision. They eventually did make things right and that's what matters. We live and learn!

Last edited:
Aapka jawaab naheen boss. Bina twitterkehi ungli kardiyaa ;)

Lots of takeaways
1. HFV threads have clout.
2. Members (@keith_correa ) have the will to help other FMs albeit tacit.
3. Read the fine print before buying anything.
4. Its better to stick to products from companies which have established reputation of customer service.

Glad that OP's grievance has been addressed

Thanks you so much keith! I am sorry you had to create an account on Twitter just for this, which I should have done instead. :(

To be fair, the customer care folks usually follows a standard cookbook and don't apply their mind or are not authorized/encouraged to apply it. Prospective customers should get clarity on these aspects before buying and then take an informed decision. They eventually did make things right and that's what matters. We live and learn!
Very true Keith & extremely nice of you to take up this matter with the higher ups to help someone out. At least the issue could get resolved this way and things can move on.

Thanks you so much keith! I am sorry you had to create an account on Twitter just for this, which I should have done instead. :(
You're welcome and I'm glad I could help. I didn't create a Twitter account - I aaked a friend who already had an account to tag HPZ and Raghav. Actually I don't even know if what I asked of my friend (via Twitter) resulted in the resolution but whatever. It ended well so all is well.

The strong words against HPZ were enough for them to act swiftly and do the needful.
Still, full marks to you and your friend for the effort and taking the initiative

Attachments

• IMG_20211009_193233.jpg
    IMG_20211009_193233.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 92
Yes, There have been cases where customers had to return product due to their mistake. In such cases also they have blatantly refused any other means of refund.

You have only one option of selling off the credit at a 500-1000 loss. Owner Raghav is on FB, you may try to reach out, but don't expect too much out of it.
Thanks for this, I was really looking at a DAC/headphone amp from them but now all but dropped the idea..

The same thing happened when I wanted to return the 3 packets of walnut giri after having opened one packet. I thought the taste has changed and wanted to retun the 3 unopened packets, 250gm each. They again let me keep all the packets and refunded more than 2000Rs. :)
Thank you for telling us how to get free nuts on amazon :D

Thanks for this, I was really looking at a DAC/headphone amp from them but now all but dropped the idea..

That would be a real shame, @sound1, as you may be missing out on a good deal.
Despite the scenario described in this thread, I ordered 2 items last week: an Audiolab 6000cdt from HifiMart, and a Denafrips Ares 2 from HPZ.
Before placing the orders, I dropped a message to customer care asking if they offered any discount for HFV members. I got immediate replies from both.
HifiMart responded via WhatsApp, offering 5% off; HPZ called my cell, saying they could not discount further but assured me of good service.
In both cases, I got the impression that these were genuine sellers who took their customers seriously.
The cdt was ordered on Thursday and arrived on Saturday. The dac was ordered on Saturday and arrived on Sunday. Great packaging and brand new products; touch wood!
As @keith_correa has correctly pointed out, getting in touch with the seller and gauging their customer-centricity is key. This is the very first time I’ve ordered any audio equipment online, and it’s been a good experience so far.
It’s also a huge relief to know that HFV has my back, in case things go south. Massive kudos to the forum and its members!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back