Rethm introduces a cheaper, new model Bhava

They are Boston Acoustics 8 inch full ranger. I do not know what drivers he uses for the bass section. All I know is he has 2 bass drivers in isobaric configuration. Bass amp I guess is class d. Speaker weighs close to 30kgs

Indian price is 1.2 lakhs plus taxes. Jacob sent me a mail.

I think that's a real great price.

I am sure at this price, it will have many takers

Sure it is, A cost effective amplifier by Rethm will surely complete a great duo.

^^ I think Rethm do have an integrated Valve pre + Class A SS power in the oven.

I wanted to go listen to the Bhavas this sunday, but I was a bit exhausted after a morning ride (after a sleepless night). I'm out of the city this weekend :( Hopefully I can listen to them next week mid.

^^ I think Rethm do have an integrated Valve pre + Class A SS power in the oven.

I wanted to go listen to the Bhavas this sunday, but I was a bit exhausted after a morning ride (after a sleepless night). I'm out of the city this weekend :( Hopefully I can listen to them next week mid.

do share your experience when you can listen... folks in India looking for good speakers may be really interested in considering this. 1.2L for a floorstanders with powered woofers makes it a great option

I wanted to go listen to the Bhavas this sunday, but I was a bit exhausted after a morning ride (after a sleepless night). I'm out of
the city this weekend :( Hopefully I can listen to them next week mid.

I wants !

Looking forward to your listening report, please do post one.

OT: ride - cycle, motorcycle, horse ???

ciao
gr

There you are, hydra. Was beginning to wonder why you were missing from a Rethm thread [emoji2] . Awaiting your listening impressions.
And more details on the new amp if Jacob is willing to divulge any.

do share your experience when you can listen... folks in India looking for good speakers may be really interested in considering this. 1.2L for a floorstanders with powered woofers makes it a great option

I wants !

Looking forward to your listening report, please do post one.

OT: ride - cycle, motorcycle, horse ???

ciao
gr

I will post impressions as soon as I get to listen to the speakers, guys :)

sound_cycle (GR), cycle ride, heh heh. I'm beginning to get a meta reference here! Are you C_A at the "other" place? OT: This is what kept me from the visit to the Rethm Studio this sunday:
246uyjl.jpg

There you are, hydra. Was beginning to wonder why you were missing from a Rethm thread [emoji2] . Awaiting your listening impressions.
And more details on the new amp if Jacob is willing to divulge any.

Hahaha, I've been off from HFV and most other forums for quite a while. Most of my free time is taken up by the svelte lady whose pic I've posted above, and one other slightly plus size lady who likes to play dirty :p

I was talking to Rikhav just a bit back, and I mentioned the new speakers to him. He said that a thread had been put up here about them. I was actually meaning to put up a post about the speakers here for the last couple of days.

I will get as much info as possible about the amp, Naturelover.

Indian price is 1.2 lakhs plus taxes. Jacob sent me a mail.

I think that's a real great price.

I am sure at this price, it will have many takers

Fantastic;

Brilliant.

I have been a 'fan' of Jacob's designs & would like to wish him the best !
I am sure this speaker will do well.
I will be in Bangalore - for the Audio Show [next weekend] & I do hope it is present there - so I can listen to it.

All the Best to Rethm with its sales.

:)

Fantastic;

Brilliant.

I have been a 'fan' of Jacob's designs & would like to wish him the best !
I am sure this speaker will do well.
I will be in Bangalore - for the Audio Show [next weekend] & I do hope it is present there - so I can listen to it.

All the Best to Rethm with its sales.

:)

Please share the details about Audio Show @ Bangalore!

Last edited:
Actually, it would be great to meet Jacob @ What Hi Fi Show in Bangalore.
It may be a nice place to get the speaker launched for India.
Lots of Press & NDTV too covers the show.
May be a nice platform.
I look forward to listening to this speaker soon.
If not in Bangalore - maybe a pair comes into Mumbai & I would get the chance to listen to it.
Fingers X-ed...
All the Best to Jacob ! Excellent effort.

Looks excellent, but unfortunately will not be suitable for my room due to its depth of 20+ inches which will leave very less space in my room to move around. Backloaded Horn speakers usually require more enclosure depth, that's why i did not go for the BLH or the Frugal horn with my Fostex driver and planning a TL instead. Hope they have designs for smaller rooms too in future.

6moons has released a preview of the Bhava review.
Might be interesting reading for fans of Rethm ...

6moons audioreviews: Rethm Bhava

Of interest is that Jacob has now revised the design with another BA driver.
Similar to the earlier driver but "with a slightly higher resonant frequency (70Hz instead of 60Hz) but is 1dB less efficient (92 instead of 93dB)"

6moons has released a preview of the Bhava review.
Might be interesting reading for fans of Rethm ...

6moons audioreviews: Rethm Bhava

Of interest is that Jacob has now revised the design with another BA driver.
Similar to the earlier driver but "with a slightly higher resonant frequency (70Hz instead of 60Hz) but is 1dB less efficient (92 instead of 93dB)"

He's probably swapped the HQ4841X based drivers with the HQ4800X based drivers, but that should mean the power handling might go down ?

Full review out now: 6moons audioreviews: Rethm Bhaava

Digging through the fruity 6moons language, my short summary: these are somewhat less resolving than the other Rethms but are warmer and much less fussy about partnering equipment.

As a former Rethm owner, I like the idea of warmer, less fussy Rethms. Hope to hear them in person whenever I head to Kerala next

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back