Rethm introduces a cheaper, new model Bhava

Kushnava, Jacob uses thicker solid core cables for his power. My gut feel is that it rolls of the top end. I use a much thinner power cord of his. I do not think his amp is rolled off. I have owned his amp but I always used liveline cables with them. They sounded excellent to me. I have also heard the Gaanam with the Livelines at Naturelover. They sounded great again

IME thick solid core cables always roll of the top end. With stranded thick cables this does not happen

OK. That's good to know. Eventually Tube sound is the destination for me , but till then Sugden all the way ... its such a beautiful amp and so transparent to all the changes , its hard to live without it.

@Kushnava, stay with the Sugden since you are enjoying your music with it:)

In audio I have realised if you like something just stick to it. You change one component, it's a roller coaster ride all over again:)

@hydra, what kind of panels has Jacob used on the sides. They don't appear to be placed at the first reflection points also. Also behind the speakers, is it some kind of wooden curtain? Are they all some kind of diffusers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hydra, what kind of panels has Jacob used on the sides. They don't appear to be placed at the first reflection points also. Also behind the speakers, is it some kind of wooden curtain? Are they all some kind of diffusers?
Prem, it is a sort of wood curtain. Those are very large windows, covered by a wood lattice panel, about 2 inches thick. They're there to prevent the window glass from being a reflective surface.

The Studio is sort of a hexagon, with four very tall and wide glass windows (one actually being the door). All these glass surfaces are covered with this lattice panel.
We have it at last, a review from the local chap :):)
Thanks hydra.
Anything on the new amp?
Heh heh, yeah it did take me a while [emoji16]

I think Jacob is working on two amps, and he's working some special magic into the preamp section. The power section of the new Gaanam proto has got a bump up in power output.

I believe Kolkata has no dealers for Rethm to audition. Then going through the post what I gathered is a big powerful amplifier is a no no for Bhaavas? Correct me if I'm wrong. If that's the case then the Bhaavas are a distant dream since I love my Usher R1.5 too much to get rid of.

I believe Kolkata has no dealers for Rethm to audition. Then going through the post what I gathered is a big powerful amplifier is a no no for Bhaavas? Correct me if I'm wrong. If that's the case then the Bhaavas are a distant dream since I love my Usher R1.5 too much to get rid of.
Aanuj, I believe Sound by Design in Gurgaon has a pair of Bhaavas on demo. Not really close to you, but if you're traveling that way sometime, you could listen to them.

About the amplification, I really don't know. Considering that those are high sensitivity drivers, too much power might be a problem (but I'm just guessing here). You could write to Jacob George and ask him.

Aanuj, I believe Sound by Design in Gurgaon has a pair of Bhaavas on demo. Not really close to you, but if you're traveling that way sometime, you could listen to them.

About the amplification, I really don't know. Considering that those are high sensitivity drivers, too much power might be a problem (but I'm just guessing here). You could write to Jacob George and ask him.

I'm aware Sid is having a pair, yes if I'm travelling to Delhi I will take the demo.

Very nice to see local manufacturers taking the initiative to make superbly finished and styled products. Kudos. I wish you had a Mumbai dealer so we could demo these guys.

Hydra, what kind of panels has Jacob used on the sides. They don't appear to be placed at the first reflection points also. Also behind the speakers, is it some kind of wooden curtain? Are they all some kind of diffusers?

Prem, I missed that part in my earlier post.

The panels behind the speakers are basically egg crates pasted on wood. I'm not sure if there's something behind the wood panels, though.

The panels on the glass windows (on the sides) are the ones that I referred to as lattice wood curtains/panels.

Last edited:
Thanks Hydra. So he uses egg crates as basic diffusers. Interesting. The way the wood curtain is designed, they too look like diffusers to me

Had a word with Mr Jacob,a fine gentleman,replied to my email within hours. I'm very impressed ,very. He cleared all my doubts and provided points that high power amplifiers or mono blocks (SS) in this case is not always bad for high sensitivity speakers. A lot of factors depend on it from designing to damping factor.Hence it's not universal that high sensitivity speakers and power amps are a match made in hell! So people with Class A power amps or monoblock can look forward to Rethm speakers or Bhaavas for a great pairing. I'm relieved . I like a little neutral warm sound I think I have found my match !!!

Last edited:
The hiq driver in the bhaava is rated at 15w rms, and assuming it's being used as a full range without any filtering, a big monoblock may be overkill.

Hi all...

IAM totally unfamiliar with the rethym sound. IAM presently looking to upgrade my floor standers for a faster Pacey sound, mainly for EDM ( daft punk etc). The bhaava are within my budget. My present speakers are the qacoustics concept 40's, which are great, very clear and refined. But slightly laid back I feel. IAM looking for speakers with the getup go . Will the Bhavan's fit the bill. And if I do go with them, can I consider this a upgrade or is it more of a sideways move.

I have bluesound powernode and parasound halo integrated for amplification. Thanks for your time and feedback.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back