Review about Polk TSx 110b

connectrajeev

Hello Guys,

I have got the Onkyo TX-SR333 5.1-Channel from USA, I have few questions about it, please address them:

- Since I have got it from US it has the power requirement 120V 60H, I am not sure how much watts it need, as that is not mentioned on in manual anywhere. So I need to buy a voltage converter from where I should buy it and what should be configuration of that. Which brand voltage converters are good.

- I am planning to buy Polk Audio TSx 110B speakers to be used with this model, so I want to understand if these speakers goes well with this particular model. Since I am very new to the Hi-Fi world, I also would like to understand what technical parameter one should look to match the AV receiver and speakers.

- I am from Hyderabad so I called to the Profex Hyd office they said they don't have TSx 110B model for demo, is it okay to order this model without listening the demo. What is the other place to have demo for Polk Audio apart from Profex.

- As of now I am planning to have just two speakers, soon I will add a sub-woofer and other speakers so any other suggestion on speakers and sub-woofers. I don't listen to the loud music, I like soft and pleasing music only.

Thanks,
-Rajeev

1. you can order it accrding to your requirement. maxime chennai is good and reliable.
there are some company in hyderanad itself please search n sulekha.

please buy once you are satisfied after listening the combo.

all speaker shall be from same family, if you are going for polk you need to preapre your system with polk speakers.

Hello Guys,

I have got the Onkyo TX-SR333 5.1-Channel from USA, I have few questions about it, please address them:

- Since I have got it from US it has the power requirement 120V 60H, I am not sure how much watts it need, as that is not mentioned on in manual anywhere. So I need to buy a voltage converter from where I should buy it and what should be configuration of that. Which brand voltage converters are good.

- I am planning to buy Polk Audio TSx 110B speakers to be used with this model, so I want to understand if these speakers goes well with this particular model. Since I am very new to the Hi-Fi world, I also would like to understand what technical parameter one should look to match the AV receiver and speakers.

- I am from Hyderabad so I called to the Profex Hyd office they said they don't have TSx 110B model for demo, is it okay to order this model without listening the demo. What is the other place to have demo for Polk Audio apart from Profex.

- As of now I am planning to have just two speakers, soon I will add a sub-woofer and other speakers so any other suggestion on speakers and sub-woofers. I don't listen to the loud music, I like soft and pleasing music only.

Thanks,
-Rajeev

For movies, polk with denon are more than good. Polk tsx110b is very good, as said if u add subwoofer later it will awesome package for movies.Im using this nearly 2 years now. They are good.

maxine as suggested by other FM is good for stepdown transformer. It is available in the gujarati galli. I bought
one (1.5 or 2 KVA) for about 2.5k couple of years back.

I have not heard the Polk model that you have mentioned, but I have had some old model Polk many years back
and while they were good at movies, I found them a little too bright for music (since you want smooth, pleasing music).
Besides the combination of Onkyo and Polk might sound bright.

IMO, you should take your Onkyo, pair it with any of similar Polk models available at
Profx (as generally the speakers from the same company should have similar sound
signature - higher models would be more refined) and then take a decision.

Just my 2 cents.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back