Review of LG XXLM6700 series

I can get you a good deal on Sony HX850 if you want to buy.

40inch - arnd 80k
46inch - arnd 110k
55inch - arnd 185k

How about HX925 55inch for 170k without bill?

That is a great price. Where do you get it? :) Sony may launch the HX950 in Q4.

I returned the LG LED today. There will be no replacement and I asked for a refund. So I am back to watching 50PK550. Holding off for a while before I make another decision. Waiting for 65" ST50 / new Panasonic Plasma prices.

I buy all my electronics from someone in ghaffar market and even my brother from bombay buys it from him. If you want i can send the tv to your home and you can pay that time. I suggest why not go for Sony HX850 for 188k with bill?
That is a great price. Where do you get it? :) Sony may launch the HX950 in Q4.

I returned the LG LED today. There will be no replacement and I asked for a refund. So I am back to watching 50PK550. Holding off for a while before I make another decision. Waiting for 65" ST50 / new Panasonic Plasma prices.

@vasanthk

Yes, for some reason most 2011 TVs seem better than their 2012 successors. And I am not talking about only LG, but Samsung and Sony as well.

Best reason could be the appreciating $$$ made these manufacturers to water down their features :sad:and increase the profitability against their tough competitors...

Probably outsourcing some of their production contracts to cheap manufacturers, Thus affecting 'Quality'.

I see a lot of features reduced from LW5700(2011) to LM6700(2012) and sold for higher price as you mentioned.

Anyways god save this type of competition!!!

Original BR discs that I use for demo. I don't rip movies. Don't have an external HDD.

DSC00014.JPG

Some pics to highlight the weak blacks and blacklight issues.

DSC00015.JPG

DSC00021.JPG

DSC00022.JPG

DSC00025.JPG

It is better with lights on. I replicated using the camera flashlight.

DSC00016.JPG

Wide angle views

DSC00029.JPG

DSC00030.JPG

Am not sure if the camera captured it well. You will notice light bleed at the top, towards the center of the image.

DSC00033.JPG

The blacks are bluish.

DSC00034.JPG

This one was really hard to capture. Notice the ball. The double image, trailing, ghosting (whatever you call it) is very evident while watching cricket. I will upload few videos.

DSC00036.JPG

I salute you for your passion towards LG..
But seriously, What have you learnt from the past, I dont understand.. :D

Get a 64" Samsung Plasma and get amazed!

Blasto, that's the lament. Those sizes are not launched in India. 64" is too huge for my room. Even 55" looks huge for that matter but I have got used to it.

I wonder if the discount on LG TV has gone down.

I am in for 42LM6700. I was quoted 83K on 3rd July. now the same dealer is asking for 94K here in Delhi. :(

92K for 42" would be justified only if it can perform as much. I think LG got it wrong this year. Unless they release fixes for motion, black level and backlight issues the LM series are not worth price.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Yes, reading so much bad reviews about the new LG's LM series, I am also considering Sony's 40"/46" HX850. I have been told that the Sony's second store in Delhi offers TV at 43% discount over MRP including std 1 year warranty. These TVs suppose to come with minor scratches etc.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back