Review on Elac F6 speakers

3rli

Hello Team,

Can i have advice on Elac F6 FS speaker i did non find much review on this speaker. will it perform will on Yamaha rx V779 and best sub for this speaker SVS/velodyne Please advice.

Thanks.

I don't have the Elac F6 but I am using the Uni Fi From elac which is 4 ohms and needs a high power amp to perform well around 100w.

Hi

The Elac F6 will easily drive on the Yamaha RX V779...the AVR delivers 100w rms at 8 ohms and these speakers need 30w-150w at 6 ohms.....don't see much of stress here...

In terms of subs, the F6 claims to deliver freq as low as 39/40hz....you need to buy subs which can go lower than this

Technically 23/24hz would be the lowest freq sub you should look out for.......else it makes no sense buying a sub at all...

The key is to audition..and decide.

Last edited:
Hello efernand1,

Thanks for advice, how is elac F8 vs polk Rti A5.iam planing to buy SVS pb1000 or polk 550/650.which is best please share advice.

Thanks

Hi

The RTi series is quite nice and A5s can deliver good lows at 30hz......if you have a little more budget the A7s claim to deliver as low as 20hz which then eliminates the need to add a subwoofer.

Between the 660 and 550, specs are same except for driver size (12 inch and 10 inch), I would go for the 550.

Profx ropes in discount between 10% - 15%.....make sure you demand for it.....

Audition and decide.....if you don't want towers, the 550s along with RTi A1s or A3s blend very well.....

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back