Review on Elac F6 speakers

3rli

Hello Team,

Can i have advice on Elac F6 FS speaker i did non find much review on this speaker. will it perform will on Yamaha rx V779 and best sub for this speaker SVS/velodyne Please advice.

Thanks.

I don't have the Elac F6 but I am using the Uni Fi From elac which is 4 ohms and needs a high power amp to perform well around 100w.

Hi

The Elac F6 will easily drive on the Yamaha RX V779...the AVR delivers 100w rms at 8 ohms and these speakers need 30w-150w at 6 ohms.....don't see much of stress here...

In terms of subs, the F6 claims to deliver freq as low as 39/40hz....you need to buy subs which can go lower than this

Technically 23/24hz would be the lowest freq sub you should look out for.......else it makes no sense buying a sub at all...

The key is to audition..and decide.

Last edited:
Hello efernand1,

Thanks for advice, how is elac F8 vs polk Rti A5.iam planing to buy SVS pb1000 or polk 550/650.which is best please share advice.

Thanks

Hi

The RTi series is quite nice and A5s can deliver good lows at 30hz......if you have a little more budget the A7s claim to deliver as low as 20hz which then eliminates the need to add a subwoofer.

Between the 660 and 550, specs are same except for driver size (12 inch and 10 inch), I would go for the 550.

Profx ropes in discount between 10% - 15%.....make sure you demand for it.....

Audition and decide.....if you don't want towers, the 550s along with RTi A1s or A3s blend very well.....

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back