Review: Panasonic Viera TH-P50X20D

Hi Nitin. I am planning to buy a panasonic 50" X20 plasma. I have a few questions.

1. Are there bothersome screen reflections? My room is average lit (1 or 2 CFL lamps at night, ample daylight through the windows during day - sunlight does not directly fall on tv set).
2. How visible are pixelations due to low 1024*768 resolution? My viewing distance is about 2.4 meters. I would be viewing mostly HD content such as Tata sky hd and PS3.
3. What is your opinion about similarly priced plasma sets from LG and Samsung?
4. Are there any other issues I should beware of before buying this set?
Your answers would be of immense help. Thank you.

Saw the Panasonic Viera TH-P50X20D and the Panasonic Viera TH-P50U20D today and I have shortlisted Panasonic Viera TH-P50U20D any suggestions recommendations? My budget is 85K max

The Prices are as follows at Reliance Digital Bangalore

Panasonic Viera TH-P50X20D - 64990 (Final price 61990 after discussions)
Panasonic Viera TH-P50U20D - 72990 (Final price 69990 after discussions)

Still pushing for a better bargain will keep you posted

Last edited:
For 50U20D in delhi a dealer has came down to 62.5k.
I found this is irresistible deal. That too providing finance with 0% processing 0% interest.
Going for it.
Let me know if any other interested in NCR region. We can bargain more for bulk buying.

One more recommendation just added to the confusion and increased the wait time :) Going to audition
Panasonic Viera TH-P50X20D -
Panasonic Viera TH-P50U20D -
Panasonic Viera TH-P50V20D -

Lets see what happens ;-)

Back from all the auditioning and I must say that Panasonic Viera TH-P50V20D wins hands down in all aspects but is really hard on the wallet. This is going to be a tough decision to make

Back from all the auditioning and I must say that Panasonic Viera TH-P50V20D wins hands down in all aspects but is really hard on the wallet. This is going to be a tough decision to make

Yes its tough but buy the V20D :)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back