Right now I am listening to ...

Dear Kunal,Hifisher,

Oh that way!! I thought i could try some greatest hits etc if available as i believe the guy ARR is a musical genius and a hits would be a great place to start. Though i will check with Rhythm house and see what they have to offer.

Picked up a load of CDs in Planet M 50% and 20% discount sale two weeks ago...so, unwrapping 2 or 3 new CDs (but good ol' music) every weekend...tonight its gonna be AC/DC Back in Black and The Best of The Doors and The Best of Men At Work...last weekend was Super Tramp's Greatest Hits and the 2 CD Led Zep album Physical Grafitti and JJ Cale Greatest Hits and Scorpions Gold...

Cheers!

Am totally with u kamal. I dont know if its familiarity or a generation thing but i feel the music of the 80 s and even the 90 s was better than most of the music i try from current artists. Of course there are exceptions.

Unleash would ARR be A. R. Rehman? I have heard he is a musical genius. Could u or anyone suggest an ARR album worth trying? It has to be hindi as it will be lost on me in any other language

Regards

Indeed it is A.R.Rahman.

You could try-

Roja, Bombay, Rangeela, Fire, Dil Se, Earth, Taal, Lagaan, Sathiya, Lakeer, Meenaxi, Swades, Rang De Basanti, Guru, Jodha Akbar etc.

He had done some really good numbers in tamil!

Generally speaking, all A R Rehman compositions are above average. Nice use of instrument and boy, does he experiment.

She is not just a pretty face.

Best of APP my favorite album :cool:.....i am listening to Instrumental works by Alan Parsons Project.

Hi Anil,
Actually there are so many "best of" compilations of APP that am not too sure of the one u have. Actually i have none of the greatest hits/best of the group but have all their albums but one. I love all the APP instrumentals and the albums i like are eye in the sky, ammonia avenue, stereotomy, vulture culture, gaudi and a compilation which is good is " Hits in the sky " in my opinion. I also feel most APP are good recordings.
This evening i heard sur la mer by moody blues. (love the tracks Want to be with you, No more lies )

Last edited:
Ranjeet ji when i said we will meet for tea u said sure but when the wife is away. No problem!!! just make sure ur girlfriend Ms. Twain is there though.

Spent a lot of time listening today!Chalk it up as one of the better days!
Jesse Cook (glad to see there is another fan in this list)
Wishbone Ash
David Arkenstone
Who- Quadrophenia
Bruce Hornsby
Mary Black

Dinyar: I love APP- Eye in the sky, Vulture Culture and Sterotomy being among the major favorites.

ckn

I'm listening to Louis Armstrong sing and play.
What a voice! Amazing texture.
The "color collection" by Universal, import from EU, has some great songs in good recording. Grab it!

Thanks,
Sharad

Moved on to ...
Diana Krall - The look of love

Great voice, great singing, great orchestra and great recording.
What more can we desire!

Was not feeling well. Will try to sleep after this one ;)

Regards,
Sharad

Hi,
Saturday(holiday for me) mornings are generally for loud sessions.
Currently playing Actual Miles-Don henley(pretty good compilation) but hope to hear some Def leppard a little later as it can be a little difficult to digest DL this early in the morning for my neighbours!!!!

WorldSpace- "Farishta "
Am listening to some great songs by Kishore Kumar
These Old Hindi Film songs never fail to enrapture!
Any other Worldspace subscribers? Your fav channels?

Last edited:
WorldSpace- "Farishta "
Am listening to some great songs by Kishore Kumar
These Old Hindi Film songs never fail to enrapture!
Any other Worldspace subscribers? Your fav channels?

my fav is "country" channel in world space apart from farishta. I think nowhere in India play such kind of music & probably it is direct relay from usa i think. the quality of sound & compilation of songs are really good.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back