Right now I am listening to ...

Hi Sunil,

Have they started selling audio only (profile 3) Blu-ray disck, or are you experiencing shakira visually too? :)

Regards,
Sharad

It is "Last Of The Breed" today.
Old timers Willie Nelson, Ray Price & Merle Haggard (70 to 80 years in age!) released a new album which got a Grammy this year for "Best Country Collaboration With Vocals". I'm lucky to have it on 180 gram LP.

Good music, good recoding, a set of two LPs. Having a great time...

Thanks,
Sharad

Muddy Waters- Folk Singer.
Bill Evans Trio- Waltz For Debbie
Great Albums, both.
Do try them out.

Long road out of eden-- Eagles
Thats their latest Album, released last year.
How do you like it?
Does it compare well with their earlier releases.
I remember a reviewer descibed it last year as.."desparate attempt by aging rockers to show that they're still one of the boys..."!
Do you agree?

Sharad,

Video disk - LPCM 5.1 audio track. I don't have dedicated audio system, so I grab as much music HD DVDs / blurays to experiece high quality audio experience

Hi Sunil,

Have they started selling audio only (profile 3) Blu-ray disck, or are you experiencing shakira visually too? :)

Regards,
Sharad

Thats their latest Album, released last year.
How do you like it?
Does it compare well with their earlier releases.
I remember a reviewer descibed it last year as.."desparate attempt by aging rockers to show that they're still one of the boys..."!
Do you agree?

Hi Kamal,

I love eagles. Have most of the albums so my opinion may be biased.

I love the album. I also read a few poor reviews but i just went ahead and still bought it.(dont buy too much these days but i had to have the eagles)
Why not hire it? Or borrow from a friend. I believe the recording on the indian copy is not great so try getting the collectors edition if u are buying.

RECOMMENDED.

Last edited:
>>Long road out of eden-- Eagles

Even I liked this album.

>>I believe the recording on the Indian copy is not great so try getting the collectors edition if u are buying.

Unfortunately I bought the regular 2 CD set before the collectors edition arrived. The recording is a bit like regular pop albums, bright and loud. The case work is really shoddy. I may buy this album again in future, on a better media.

Thanks,
Sharad

Hi Sharad,
Actually i like the new eagles album a lot now.(Keep hearing it )
Can send u a copy from my cds if u wish? Not a problem. Though i have not heard the indian copy myself but was just echoing a friends opinion.

Last edited:
world hits - Putumayo.
The Wall - Pink floyd
Very good music and almost all Putumayo collections are good at recordings too.

regards

Hi All,
I sometimes feel if i am a misfit to this forum and whether i should kind of stop having any interests in hifi..
I must confess though that my interests are more in the video side and i would just want the audio accompanying my videos to provide a realistic experience.

I dont listen to international albums incl english. since most of the hubbers here listen to only engligh.. i have started feeling if you need to like english albums to have any happiness out of your hifi.

i do listen to a lot of south indian and hindi music, mostly by Maestro Ilaiyaraaja and done during the 1980-2000 period. Most of the recordings are every poor and though i make a point to purchase the highest quality sound tracks wherever possible, it more often than not ends up as a disappointing search. Music stores these days ( on the south indian music front) promote a lot of mp3 discs rather than cd's.
While i am in awe of the extraordinarily brilliant composer whose composing and complex patterns (fine tuned to his segment of the audience), i find it very disappointing that there are not many technically high quality audio prints.
To cut the chase, i am listeing to " Dheemi dheemi si" from shiva ( yes.. ram gopal verma's shiva) with music by the maestro..
Give it a try with a open mind and i am sure you will like the freshness in the song.. (synth is jarring... but listen to the violins)
It personally lifts my moods and keeps me happy :)

Hi Realactivex,
Music is music, does it matter what language we choose to listen to.
Why would u feel a misfit? I listen to whatever sounds good to my ears and so should u without feeling that u must listen to english music or whatever just to FIT IN. As u say it lifts ur spirits just go on and enjoy.
Best regards

Sometimes if one ventures out of one's comfort zone of what is prima facie "enjoyable"...and proceeds to check out the scene beyond...it opens up new horizons...Many good things in life do start out as acquired tastes...:)

Hi Realactivex,
I heartily endorse what Dinyaar has stated.
I myself am a lifelong fan of old hindi film songs & have built up quite a collection over the years-it still constitutes the bulk of my collection.
I'm quite fond of current hindi film music too, as a matter of fact , I lesten to FM everyday when going for my walk-one of the haunting numbers that I absolutely fell for was "Cheeni Kum" composed by Ilyaraja,who is a great.
Along the way I exposed myself to western pop & rock, then soul, R&B & Jazz.
I also developed a taste for Classical music, first Hindustani & then Western.
I subscribe to Worlspace primarily for their Hindi film music channel-Farishta- & Urdu Ghazal Channel-Falak.
The point of this long post is that one's taste in music develops over a period of time, so one should never feel that if one does'nt have a taste presently for western music, one does'nt belong or that one is in any way lesser than a person who does.
Music is music & one of thevalues of belonging to a forum is that of exposure to the likes/comments of other members, which can be a starting point for experimenting with other forms of music; if one still does;nt develop a taste, fine-I knew a person who for all his life listened to nothing else apart from songs by KL Saigal! Whas he inferior to people with a wider choice?
Of cousre not-he derived a lot of pleasure from what he had chosen, which is far better than pretending to be a connosieur of "English" muic & not understanding head or taail of it.
In sum, the only sin is not listening to music!
Do try Worldspace-it gives you access to a wide variety of music, regional as well as western,at a very reasonable cost. They have a fantastic library & the sound quality is actually pretty good.
Cheers & Chill!

Thanks Ye all!!
Your words really struck a warm chord!
Heart of my hearts i know " you are what you are... "..
But i kind of felt lost out when i read this entire thread and was reluctant to share what i was listening (though i very much wanted to add to this thread).. i was concerned if you guys would consider me too out dated to be in here...
i knew i was wrong by a MILE.. Your nice posts above showed me i was wrong.. I was wrong by a mile and a half :)
lets celebrate music.. the divine gift from this mankind to mankind. ( i know gods connection with music.. but lets talk about the great men who make us happy with their songs and music and compositions)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back