Right now I am listening to ...

I have that LP by Cerrone.Played it once at a mixed party! Had to whip it off hurriedly when the ladies started fidgeting at the rather explicit lyrics!

Lyrics??!!! :p Is'nt it actually the sustained ecstatic moaning and screaming of the woman hitting the big O...Thats what I remember surreptitiously putting on the LP and stealing a quick listen as a kid...during summer hols at my uncle's place...long years ago...:D

Lyrics??!!! :p Is'nt it actually the sustained ecstatic moaning and screaming of the woman hitting the big O...Thats what I remember surreptitiously putting on the LP and stealing a quick listen as a kid...during summer hols at my uncle's place...long years ago...:D
Those moans & groans conveyed more than words! Remember" Hey, look at him, look at him! " That ain't no banana!"
I had put it on primarily because I loved the beat, but people got quite disconcerted at the sound effects...

Last edited:
I edited the moans & groans.........superb beats....heavy workload for woofers ..... SUPERNATURE one more good album from cerrone.
Cd version is better than Lp, i have both.

Those moans & groans conveyed more than words! Remember" Hey, look at him, look at him! " That ain't no banana!"
I had put it on primarily because I loved the beat, but people got quite disconcerted at the sound effects...

I am listening to Jean luc Ponty's " open mind" classic electric violin Jazz-Fusion album. Ponty worked with Stphane Grappelli, the Mahavishnu Orchestra, and Frank Zappa & L. Subramaniam. Mystical Adventure & Individual Choice are my favorite.

Last edited:
I am listening to Jean luc Ponty's " open mind" classic electric violin Jazz-Fusion album. Ponty worked with Stphane Grappelli, the Mahavishnu Orchestra, and Frank Zappa & L. Subramaniam. Mystical Adventure & Individual Choice are my favorite.

JLP's Open Mind (i love the 'Elephant...' something piece..it still plays in my head) and his other album Fables (i would think) were cult for many young blokes' musical growth in the iit-m campus early ninetees...

I lost the tapes many years ago and never could find these on CD to buy...Can you please help me source these two CDs, if possible? I'm hunting for many years to buy a CD of "Built to Last" by Grateful Dead...Are these available in BLR??

Hi Murthy, i got most of my collection from e bay, cd connection.com & Amazon.com.
Here is your Built To Last at CDconnection.com

Anil.

JLP's Open Mind (i love the 'Elephant...' something piece..it still plays in my head) and his other album Fables (i would think) were cult for many young blokes' musical growth in the iit-m campus early ninetees...

I lost the tapes many years ago and never could find these on CD to buy...Can you please help me source these two CDs, if possible? I'm hunting for many years to buy a CD of "Built to Last" by Grateful Dead...Are these available in BLR??

Last edited:
Hi Murthy, i got most of my collection from e bay, cd connection.com & Amazon.com.

Wow! Thanks a lot, Anil Kumar. That cdconnection.com is really something - hope to get something from them soon! Better prices than Amazon and they have SACD, XRCD, etc. too.

Bookmarked!

Here is your Built To Last at CDconnection.com

Anil.

I checked out cd connection.com. Yep, their rates are better than Amazon particularly for the JLP CDs that I have in mind. Four quick questions: 1. How many days/weeks do they typically take to deliver to India (in your experience)? How reliable are they? (quality of packing / any missed orders etc.) 3. If one orders 4-5 CDs, then can one avail cheaper courier charges from them? 4. Has there been any "lost-in-transit" situations? Thanks!

Shipping time 12- 20 days. They are 100% reliable. Packing is excellent, so far no breakages. One of my order got missed, may be stolen, they replaced the cd's after 2 months. If you order more than 4 cd's you get shipping discount. As i mentioned earlier i lost one consignment, they replaced it promptly:cool: Shipping from ebay takes 10 days.

Anil

I checked out cd connection.com. Yep, their rates are better than Amazon particularly for the JLP CDs that I have in mind. Four quick questions: 1. How many days/weeks do they typically take to deliver to India (in your experience)? How reliable are they? (quality of packing / any missed orders etc.) 3. If one orders 4-5 CDs, then can one avail cheaper courier charges from them? 4. Has there been any "lost-in-transit" situations? Thanks!

You mean to say it tops Justify my love? :D

This past month I have listened to:
Jan Garbarek / Kim Kashkashian / Manu Katch - In Praise of Dreams,
Manu Katch - Playground,
Frank Zappa - You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol 1,2,3,5
Cannonball Adderley - Adderley's Finest Hour
Mike Oldfield - Elements
Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive*
Billy Joel - The Complete Hits Collection (73-97)
The Who - Tommy*
Ella Fitzgerald - Irving Berlin Songbook
Andrea Bocelli - Sentimento*
Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers with Thelonious Monk
Louis Armstrong meets Oscar Petersen
Roger Waters - The Wall Live In Berlin*
Joan Baez - Best Of
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother
Steely Dan - Citizen [Box Set]
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Chronicle
...and others...
(* - SACD)

Manu Katch - Playground-------Can any one tell me where this CD is available , here in my city the music shop guy have never heard of this title.

regards

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back