Right now I am listening to ...

Jacob Collier, a musical tour de force, performing Hideaway:

https://youtu.be/4v3zyPEy-Po

Note his use of complex harmonies, microtones, shifting between different time signatures, drastic shifts in keys, playing all the different instruments himself, etc and a great baritone voice to boot! Amazing.

51vZMBOFxPL._SS500.jpg

its that time of the year again!

some very good music on this album - david gray greatest hits

Hi Admins
I added an image link which showed up in preview though when i post it the image doesnt show. Also cant delete the post

Curious about this band. I know wiki/youtoob will give me everything but what's your take on them? Album recos? thanks

They're a modern country / rock band. I've got three of their albums (lady antebullum, need you now, and own the night). Pretty much all their albums have those 1-2 hit songs that have done well for them and the others are very vanilla kind of modern country music. In saying that very good vocal and music abilities. To sum up, good music and band with a couple of hit songs on every album has made them popular

this may not b appropriate here (sacrilegious even), but, asking anyway.

wud anyone know of a cd that has 'despacito' (the version that incl. jb, not the original) and 'shape of u' in the same?

I dont listen to Rock as much as I used to do back in the day. But one person whose music I never seem to tire of is Van the Man. There is a certain soulful magic in the voice of this brooding bard. I dont think there is quite an album like Astral Weeks.
But apart from his studio works the energy of Van Morrison is best captured in his live performances. His Caravan with The Band in their The Last Waltz is as well known for his crooning as his leg kicks and his nonchalant walk off stage which surprise even Robbie Robertson and his cohorts.
The pinnacle however of Morrisons live performances ( in venues in the UK and US) are showcased in his double album Its Too Late to Stop Now.
The synergy between him and the 11 piece The Caledonia Soul Orchestra is quite something.
Its no wonder then that some consider it to be the best live performance ever.
For the audiophile the sound too is top notch and a worthy tape to carry around for auditions.
Hi Moktan
I am a fanboy myself. While the flac 24 bit digital recordings of Van i downloaded are fine but i recently bought a Sony DACD LP Its too late to Stop now from Amazon and it hasn't lived up to the quality of sound i had expected. Really disappointed. But the man has released two full albums in the last 6 months or so. Going strong..

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back