Right now I am listening to ...

I wonder if any of you listen to Hiroshi Yoshimura's ambient music... I discovered this artist quite by chance..

Unfortunately, he wasn't recognised much outside of Japan and sadly more recognition is coming his way after he has passed away in 2003.

There are more albums of his on youtube and bandcamp..

The first few minutes sound promising ...
If you like Japanese influence in classical, check out Joe Hisaishi.
He has composed music for Studio Ghibli anime films.

Cheers,
Raghu

New wave retro stuff at the moment. Happened to chance upon this genre which is basically new recordings that hark back to 80s style synth music with the works. Some may find it cheesy but its catchy and makes for a fun listen (plus it sounds great on my system ;))!

I love this classic written by the legendary Diane Warren and originally recorded by powerhouse Patti LaBelle in 1989. Also on soundtrack of Licence to Kill.

Celine Dion in 1992

Really catchy live performances by ben bohmer and above & beyond. The first track on the ben bohmer set has a fantastic bass line which is fast and punchy, yet extremely clean and soft, and it really brings out the best in your sub. The second set is classic above & beyond against a nice scenic backdrop.

Just a few old favourites today.
View attachment 49564

Heard Pudhiya Mugam for the first time. It's really excellent. It sounds more like it came out of hangover of Roja though. Kinda Roja Part 2 music.

The movie was made in Hindi with name "Vishwa Vidhata". Original music is reused in that too. All songs dubbed in Hindi. But dubbed Lyric isn't too great. Actually I preferred listening in Tamil, a single word of which no known to me, instead of Hindi which is a Mausi Tongue for me. :D

Heard Pudhiya Mugam for the first time. It's really excellent. It sounds more like it came out of hangover of Roja though. Kinda Roja Part 2 music.

The movie was made in Hindi with name "Vishwa Vidhata". Original music is reused in that too. All songs dubbed in Hindi. But dubbed Lyric isn't too great. Actually I preferred listening in Tamil, a single word of which no known to me, instead of Hindi which is a Mausi Tongue for me. :D

Same here about the Tamil thing. I have been listening to Rahman since 1993 - and strangely enough I could obtain the Tamil versions even though I was in a remote corner of the country then, and that initial music stuck with me. Did not understood a word - I still don't understand Tamil - but I never liked the dubbed versions, whether they were in Hindi or Telugu or Kannada. I stumbled upon Thiruda Thiruda (a cassette) when I was looking for Rahman's Gentleman - which a certain Bollywood music "director" had copied track by track for a Hindi movie with the same name around the same time :D

Same here about the Tamil thing. I have been listening to Rahman since 1993 - and strangely enough I could obtain the Tamil versions even though I was in a remote corner of the country then, and that initial music stuck with me. Did not understood a word - I still don't understand Tamil - but I never liked the dubbed versions, whether they were in Hindi or Telugu or Kannada. I stumbled upon Thiruda Thiruda (a cassette) when I was looking for Rahman's Gentleman - which a certain Bollywood music "director" had copied track by track for a Hindi movie with the same name around the same time :D

Thiruda Thiruda is great too. I still have a cassette of it, Hindi dubbed version. Now I prefer to listen to original.

But, Roja is best of the dubbed lot. That's the only ARR album I listen to in Hindi too. I listen it in Tamil/Hindi as per mood.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back