Right now I am listening to ...

Paul McCartney - Long Tailed Winter Bird , am I the only one who is getting reminded of "Nigodi Kaisi Jawani Hai" by Ila Arun while listening to this?!!

My all time favourite albums # thank you radul dev burman # extremely well sounding music & lyrics by legendary gulzar bhai
@Mahi
Timeless classics. I have vinyls of Ghar, Massom. Apart from pressing, the music arrangements, melody,lyrics and above all the maestroes RD Burman, Lata , Kishore Kumar , and other singers created a magic. My all time favourite.

View attachment 53624

2002 album by India’s first (and perhaps only) all-female band, Viva! Lovely compositions and arrangements by Clinton Cerejo with soulful singing, harmonies and enthusiasm from the talented five. Wish they had done more work before they went their individual ways. Miss this kind of pop music today.
@Sachin chavan
Just curious to know , isn't "Models "a female band whose Jana Hai Bollywood appeared even before 2002? Correct me if I am wrong.
Regards

@Sachin chavan
Just curious to know , isn't "Models "a female band whose Jana Hai Bollywood appeared even before 2002? Correct me if I am wrong.
Regards
@Bhaskar Jyoti Talapatra, thanks. I wasn’t aware of ‘Models’. Yes, they seem to be the first all-women Indian band (pop, of course am sure there must have been a number of all-women folk/devotional bands in nooks and corners of the country for decades, if not centuries before that). It seems a creation of the talent master Biddu and Magnasound (the 90s label one misses today).

I listened to a bit of their only album. I found their singing almost non-existent. The Viva singers were competent and each have some body of work later as individual singers. Also the songwriting is better in the Viva album, in fact the songs are listenable for the lyrics too.

Pioneers will always have a special status, so Models will go down into history as such. But unlike Viva, I don’t feel sad that they didn’t do more work together (or what could have been if they had done).

I found this article which some might be interested in reading for historical/nostalgic purposes:

513kuOvmjqL.jpg

A Kiss To Build A Dream On by Louis Armstrong

With carpentery and painting going on in my home, my system is all packed up.
Living up the blues on Spotify and a tiny Bose bluetooth speaker :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back