Right now I am listening to ...

George Harrison - Living In The Material World

R-7353228-1439818281-4969.jpeg.jpg

Perhaps the best Indian rock album ever? Well, it may tie with the group‘s first ‘Rock ‘n’ Roll Renegade’ for that position.

Great writing, great singing, great instruments. And it all comes together well.

Highlights: ‘Trapped’, ‘Sleep’, ’Pretty Child’

View attachment 45160

Those who want to rediscover this pioneering Indian rock band can read: https://www.induscreed.net/img/photos/rollingstoneindia-feb2012.pdf
This brings back memories! I remember Indus Creed. Who remembers Gary Lawyer?

This brings back memories! I remember Indus Creed. Who remembers Gary Lawyer?

‘The man with the golden voice’! There’s a certain trait I admire in many of these South Bombay artists (not just musicians) from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s - their dignified and content manner despite national and international acclaim.

‘The man with the golden voice’! There’s a certain trait I admire in many of these South Bombay artists (not just musicians) from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s - their dignified and content manner despite national and international acclaim.
They were artists. A different breed to the fame hungry performers of today...

6F706598-2277-4827-B98D-46DE602E7A0D.jpeg

Dance of the Wind
A 1994 movie on a classical singer’s life with music composed by Shubha Mudgal. Contains some lovely classical/semi tracks and if you read a synopsis of the story, it also works as a thematic album.

This earlier album by Rajkamal was refreshingly different. Sai Paranjape (director) took Rajkamal upon Gul Anand’s (producer) insistence. In this particular song she gave the idea to have the three singers sing in different pitch (hi, mid and lo) creating a kind of part harmonious, part cacophonous song that went well with the characterisation/story plot. There are some real gems of course (like Kahan se Aaye Badra, Kaali Ghodi Dwar Khadi) penned by Indu Jain (professor of Hindi in a Delhi college). I especially liked Haimanti Shukla’s voice in the album.

FE58068D-A133-4C3F-B9EC-7068F35B2E02.jpeg

There are some real gems of course (like Kahan se Aaye Badra, Kaali Ghodi Dwar Khadi) penned by Indu Jain (professor of Hindi in a Delhi college). I especially liked Haimanti Shukla’s voice in the album.
Undoubtedly all the songs are very good to listen to. My favourite is kahan se Aaye Badra. Apart from the songs the movie is also very good and during this lock down I have watched the movie again.
Regards

Many times Africa gives me the escape I need from western music or when I am not in the mood for Indian stuff

:))

Béla Fleck is a virtuoso banjo player who embarks on a personal and cultural journey to Africa to learn about the origins of his beloved instrument – which did not, contrary to popular belief, originate in backwoods Appalachia.

Touring Uganda, Tanzania, Gambia and Mali, Fleck jams with some master musicians, duels with a Gambian banjo player, learns about the banjo’s ancient history and basks in the pleasure that music affords, a pleasure that transcends cultural boundaries.

Africa…so much music and so much rhythm…

images (3).jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back