Right now I am listening to ...

R-1640526-1388083957-6454.jpeg.jpg

If I Could Be Where You Are by Enya

Am totally with u kamal. I dont know if its familiarity or a generation thing but i feel the music of the 80 s and even the 90 s was better than most of the music i try from current artists. Of course there are exceptions.

Unleash would ARR be A. R. Rehman? I have heard he is a musical genius. Could u or anyone suggest an ARR album worth trying? It has to be hindi as it will be lost on me in any other language

Regards
you could still get brand new lps of lagaan, swades, jodha akbar...they all sound pristine.
alo try illayrajas Shamitabh, Paa etc..

listening to Calexico, black light & feast of wire.

Nowadays the music I listen to most is that I don't understand at all. 1. Indian Classical based Music - I have no knowledge of Ragas and all. Spotify has a couple of good playlists of modern classical - a mix of classical based Filmy & Non Filmy songs. I also listen to Vocal; albums shared here. 2. ARR collections from Southern movies - I don't understand a word from language.

But strangely, I enjoy them immensely somehow! :oops:

P. S. Is there a good online source where I can acquainted with Indian Classical?

Last edited:
A brilliant album of comedy songs performed live by Michael Flanders and Donald Swann, in London in 1959 called 'At the drop of a Hat". The recording is really good, almost binaural like. You can see the performers moving around. The CD is an absolute treat from start to finish. A wonderful example of wit, intelligent song writing and stage presence.

As soon as I listened to this particular song called, "Song of Reproduction", I wanted to share it with fellow audiophiles ;). Loved the intended puns to death. Amazed to see this take on hi-fi in 1959, absolutely timeless!!.

Do check out the linked video where the song goes on till 3:20.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back