Rock n Roll ... Live!

Seeing that Mr. Clapton was the first post in this thread, I could not stop myself from posting this one, albeit, a blues classic from a master and esteemed friends, no less.

Last edited:
One of the best - Stevie Ray Vaughan. This performance was epic because at the 2:34 mark you can see that he breaks a guitar string. SRV calmly continues playing while switching guitars mid song. Absolute legend!

Of course, Mr. Beck. But a big shout out to Miss. Wilkenfeld.

And here she is with Mr. Hancock.

When Classical music was being discussed passionately in the forum a few years back, I always used to ask forum members what makes the same music from x composer better than say from a y composer. I did not get answers to my satisfaction. Then I stumbled on to this wonderful site on 'Listening to Music' and the best part of it all was that it was free. I have placed a link below.

https://oyc.yale.edu/music/musi-112/lecture-1

I am unfortunately yet to pass out of this course !!!

I came across this analysis of Led Zepplin's drummer John Bonham which I thought was interesting and so am sharing it below.

Jethro Tull had an album "Bursting Out"
There is some brilliant guitar and flute work on it.

Dire Straits Alchemy
1. Sultans of Swing
2. Telegraph Road
Though we'll known for Knopfler's finger flying on the guitar, one should follow the drummer. It's a fantastic experience

Lynard Skynard - Freebird
Peter Frampton - Do You Feel Like We Do
Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song

Will post more ...

I've had the fortune of watching these artists/bands live
Roger Waters (2 times open air)
Jethro Tull (open air and auditorium)
Mark Knopfler
Santana
Cranberries (auditorium; Dolores was magical)
Rufus Wainwright (auditorium)
Hootie and the Blowfish
Ben Harper
Steven Wilson (what a wonderful artist)
and
Osibisa (when I was a kid )

Cheers,
Raghu

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back