Room size/volume/dimensions in Signature :D

k-pad

Hi all,
Sorry for starting another thread. As one FM already mentioned, I am starting one too many :D
But this one is not to seek advice for my set-up, but just a general point of interest to all of us here in the forum.
In my few weeks here, I have seen that some FMs have a signature and some don't, both of which is fine.

This thread is for those with one.

Whenever I see a signature, I read through them very carefully, and I almost always find that all their gear blends really well. Some even have multiple set-ups, and it has been very helpful when visualising a set-up.

For ex, one FM, i forget who, has this very inventive signature that says hi-fi, mid-fi, low-fi, head-fi :D
So very helpful for a noob when scrolling through stuff.

One FM's signature might give a lot of good ideas to a noob on what to look for, when combined with their reading of what the FM says.

So, I think it is a great trait (for those who don't mind putting it up) so just wanted to forward an idea: Why not add room dimensions or room volume?

There is a reason why I am forwarding this idea. Many of us start here as newbies. In my personal case, it took me a lot of time since I started research to even discover HiFiVision (that is to do with Google, but I have a suggestion for that too*)

And for newbies, it is difficult to come to terms with the fact that their room is the single biggest "equipment" that they will ever have in their gear/set-up. It takes time, ask me. :)

So, those who are not averse to putting up signatures, I think it would be better if we could add "Room: AxB" or Room: xyz Cu. Ft."

It would be really helpful for noobs looking for a set up.

Just a thought, and wanted to leave it here.
Regards

* It stuns me how long it took me to find HiFiVision after I started research. Ideally, it shouldn't have. Any brand name, any technical key words, any question, I fed into Google returned a lot of garbage, so much so that in my initial few weeks, deciding what not to read was my biggest headache.
Anything worthwhile that came up were all AVS Forum, AV Form, and strangely Steve Hoffman's forum.

So much so that I was under the impression that dedicated AV is not a thing after all in India :D (Little did I know how wrong I was!)

On a lark, one day, I entered av forum india, and that is how I found HiFiVision.

To cut a long story short, I wanted to ask if the techies among FMs could do some magic to ensure if an India IP looks up any AV query, HiFiVision can be among the top results, in at least Google...

Cheers, regards and many thanks for your service!

Room volume is less important, room treatment is more important. Why would you want to know room volume? Is it for (gauging) SPL purposes?

My room has no WAF, it was never designed to, nor will it ever. It is designed to suit me. I chose a wife accommodating of my passion. Though it may not be the prevailing mindset, the wife will go before the audio equipment if it comes down to it. She knows this.

After treatment my room is about 16x11x8 feet.

In the service of music, because, for the love of music.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back