ROON ARC

ROON Ready simply means that a streamer will work as a ROON endpoint and stream (offline music/Tidal/Qobuz/KkBox) from a ROON Core.

The ROON Server is to be installed on a computer (or Qnap/Synology NAS). There's also a ROON ROCK, which is a dedicated NUC solution. There are a few ready made solutions for the Roon Core like the Roon Nucleus, the Silent Angel Rhein Z1, etc etc. But those are expensive solutions.

Basically, you need a Core/Server, for the Endpoint to work. (Some Cores/Servers can be used as endpoints too, but ROON does not recommend that).
I still not get the point on how Plex can help me on my Audio Streamer?

HiFi Rose 250A
Are you using roon? if so then just use the drive in the core where the songs are stored and plan the songs through the roon app to the 250A. If not then I think the 250A also supports hard drives and samsung ssd's will be good enough. I use a matrix pro 3 dac and use the drive in the core(pc) to play the dsd songs with me through roon.
I have mentioned samsung ssd as I had used them for many years in my PC but you can choose whichever brand you like.

Are you using roon? if so then just use the drive in the core where the songs are stored and plan the songs through the roon app to the 250A. If not then I think the 250A also supports hard drives and samsung ssd's will be good enough. I use a matrix pro 3 dac and use the drive in the core(pc) to play the dsd songs with me through roon.
I have mentioned samsung ssd as I had used them for many years in my PC but you can choose whichever brand you like.
No I do not use Roon and no plan to use same to save reoccurring cost
I just wonder how Plex can help me with HiFi Rose?

No I do not use Roon and no plan to use same to save reoccurring cost
I just wonder how Plex can help me with HiFi Rose?
All streaming services are a reoccurring cost. I took the lifetime roon sub 1. Because my dac/streamer has no app, 2. Not to feel the pinch every month but roon arc I dont get the idea and nor do I use it. Anyways now that roon is out of the way just get a ssd you like and start using that for your stored music. I know a friend who uses plex in his car also along with home audio though I have no clue how it works.
Can ask him but I doubt I'll be able to understand it in a telephonic conversation.

All streaming services are a reoccurring cost. I took the lifetime roon sub 1. Because my dac/streamer has no app, 2. Not to feel the pinch every month but roon arc I dont get the idea and nor do I use it. Anyways now that roon is out of the way just get a ssd you like and start using that for your stored music. I know a friend who uses plex in his car also along with home audio though I have no clue how it works.
Can ask him but I doubt I'll be able to understand it in a telephonic conversation.
Thanks Anyway...
I wish your friend could be member of this forum

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back