RX-V673 Convert110V to 220V

aguyplaya

A couple of threads already touched on this issue but no definitely answers have been given:
I have a 110 volt RX-V673 and want to convert it to 220V, possible?

BTW: I have the service manual...

Hi,

A Yamaha Authorised service center can replace the Transformer from a 110v to a 220v and resolve the matter. You need to check how much would it cost to do it.

Another alternative is to purchase a good step converter in the electronics market which will ensure continuous conversion and desired power supply...ofcourse this is an adapter which will be huge in size....compare both costings and take a sound decision...

Hope this helps.

A couple of threads already touched on this issue but no definitely answers have been given:
I have a 110 volt RX-V673 and want to convert it to 220V, possible?

BTW: I have the service manual...

I once opened my 110 v Yamaha AVR to see if I could swap the tappings on the transformer to make it compatible with 220 V.

I found a transformer connected to a PCB for both input and output. So did not proceed as I do not understand electronics :)

I once opened my 110 v Yamaha AVR to see if I could swap the tappings on the transformer to make it compatible with 220 V.

I found a transformer connected to a PCB for both input and output. So did not proceed as I do not understand electronics :)

So you went back to using a step down transformer??

Hi,

A Yamaha Authorised service center can replace the Transformer from a 110v to a 220v and resolve the matter. You need to check how much would it cost to do it.

Another alternative is to purchase a good step converter in the electronics market which will ensure continuous conversion and desired power supply...ofcourse this is an adapter which will be huge in size....compare both costings and take a sound decision...

Hope this helps.

I will try and contact Yamaha, I'm just not sure if they are available in my area, I'm really reluctant to using a step down transformer, last option...

Hi,

Hope this helps.

That's the surprising answer I got from Yamaha. Any comments?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 33
Hi,

This is a brush off.....I did own a Pioneer VSX 520k...the model was never launched in India, I got a friend to get it from the US for me...bottom line is that I went to their authroised service centre in Mumbai and for a couple of thousands (2.5k) changed the transformer.

If there is any reputed Home Theatre repairer around you, am sure he will be able to arrange for a suitable transformer...

Hope this helps

Hi,

This is a brush off.....I did own a Pioneer VSX 520k...the model was never launched in India, I got a friend to get it from the US for me...bottom line is that I went to their authroised service centre in Mumbai and for a couple of thousands (2.5k) changed the transformer.

If there is any reputed Home Theatre repairer around you, am sure he will be able to arrange for a suitable transformer...

Hope this helps

I'll do that and i'll let you know.

That's the surprising answer I got from Yamaha. Any comments?

As I mentioned if the transformer is integrated into a PCB ( possibly with incoming supply protection) you will have to change the transformer and the associated PCB also. Probably that's the reason Yamaha is asking you to go for an external step down transformer

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back