Rythmik F12 Subwoofer (early usage) Review

sud98

The Rythmik sub was a long term search for me. I had got a really good deal on my Deftech sub so wasnt willing to pay top dollars unless it was significantly better. While my overall listening was tilted towards Movies/TV series, I still wanted to use it alongwith music.

I had been talking to Rythmik/Avenue Sound/Prosonics for many years and finally closed on the F12. I had also considered the LVX12 as well as the LV12F. Luckily I got a demo of both the LV12F and the F12. The LV12F is a monster sub and I thought it might be a bit too much for my smallish HT. Also, the F12 is something I could couple in the future with another sealed sub.

Looks -

The finish in Black Oak is neat. There is a plethora of buttons and dials in the back which are nice but seem a bit antique.
The form of the subwoofer is quite small for a 12 inch subwoofer but not as small as the L12.

Performance
I have played all my favourite scenes from movies
1. Master and Commander - cannon shattering through the hull of the ship
2. John Wick - Multiple scenes
3. The Dark Knight - Multiple scenes
4. Edge of Tomorrow - Initial scenes

The bass is tight and fast. My original plan was to try and use the Deftech as my second sub, but the F12 just destroys the old sub, so right now using a single subwoofer.

Music
Although I used to prefer hearing in pure direct. I now love the sound through the sub integrated to my mains.
All my favourite songs have a certain heft without being overpowering or lingering compared to the fronts. The sub is super fast and can run deep effortlessly.

Callibration
While the sub has a few callibration tricks, I am yet to play around the same. I have mainly kept running audyssey multiple times to get the sound and integration that I prefer (esp. using the multieq app). I had chosen the position by moving the mic and finding the best position. I plan to play around with REW to improve the performance after enjoying the same for the next few weeks/months.

Price
While I bought it as part of the group buy, the buying time was exceptionally long (due to COVID as well as getting all payments done). However, it was worth it as the price has increased dramatically post purchase. While they have now reduced it again, its still around 15-20% higher.

Overall, very happy for now. Would be a solid recommendation for anyone looking at an all rounder sub for music as well as movies.

The Rythmik sub was a long term search for me. I had got a really good deal on my Deftech sub so wasnt willing to pay top dollars unless it was significantly better. While my overall listening was tilted towards Movies/TV series, I still wanted to use it alongwith music.

I had been talking to Rythmik/Avenue Sound/Prosonics for many years and finally closed on the F12. I had also considered the LVX12 as well as the LV12F. Luckily I got a demo of both the LV12F and the F12. The LV12F is a monster sub and I thought it might be a bit too much for my smallish HT. Also, the F12 is something I could couple in the future with another sealed sub.

Looks -

The finish in Black Oak is neat. There is a plethora of buttons and dials in the back which are nice but seem a bit antique.
The form of the subwoofer is quite small for a 12 inch subwoofer but not as small as the L12.

Performance
I have played all my favourite scenes from movies
1. Master and Commander - cannon shattering through the hull of the ship
2. John Wick - Multiple scenes
3. The Dark Knight - Multiple scenes
4. Edge of Tomorrow - Initial scenes

The bass is tight and fast. My original plan was to try and use the Deftech as my second sub, but the F12 just destroys the old sub, so right now using a single subwoofer.

Music
Although I used to prefer hearing in pure direct. I now love the sound through the sub integrated to my mains.
All my favourite songs have a certain heft without being overpowering or lingering compared to the fronts. The sub is super fast and can run deep effortlessly.

Callibration
While the sub has a few callibration tricks, I am yet to play around the same. I have mainly kept running audyssey multiple times to get the sound and integration that I prefer (esp. using the multieq app). I had chosen the position by moving the mic and finding the best position. I plan to play around with REW to improve the performance after enjoying the same for the next few weeks/months.

Price
While I bought it as part of the group buy, the buying time was exceptionally long (due to COVID as well as getting all payments done). However, it was worth it as the price has increased dramatically post purchase. While they have now reduced it again, its still around 15-20% higher.

Overall, very happy for now. Would be a solid recommendation for anyone looking at an all rounder sub for music as well as movies.
Congratulations. Will this suffice for a 300 sft room. Looking at a small sub.

Congrats. I too got a F12 SE in the group buy and using it in a smallish room and as this sub has better textures in the sound reproduction I am using a single sub right now (upgrading from a sonodyne). Havent got down to calibrate it yet but out of the box with the recommended settings it does sound awesome. Though it was more of an impulse purchase for me but the sub literally disappears and you feel the bass (never expected that in a sealed sub) which is very clean. Tried out some movies in the OTT apps like Netflix, Prime as well as a bunch of songs through Tidal but it surely doesn't disappoint.

Congratulations. Will this suffice for a 300 sft room. Looking at a small sub.
Is the ask for music or for movies? I think you should go for two subs at that size of room. You can reach out to rythmik directly and they will help you out. They are very quick in response.

Luckily I got a demo of both the LV12F and the F12. The LV12F is a monster sub and I thought it might be a bit too much for my smallish HT. Also, the F12 is something I could couple in the future with another sealed sub.

I have the LV12F and like it. Between LV12F and F12 do u see a huge difference? I am in dilemma of dual LV12F or the dual F12. My room is just 10*11.

Hi, f12 digs deeper till 14 Hz, vs 19 for lv12f, plus it's sealed vs ported,f12 is 370 w vs 300 of the lv12f.
How are you planning to integrate both- if you are planning to get two different models- I guess it will take a lot of effort

Since you already have lv12f why not get the same one? Or are you left wanting with the sound quality

Hi, f12 digs deeper till 14 Hz, vs 19 for lv12f, plus it's sealed vs ported,f12 is 370 w vs 300 of the lv12f.
How are you planning to integrate both- if you are planning to get two different models- I guess it will take a lot of effort

Since you already have lv12f why not get the same one? Or are you left wanting with the sound quality
I mentioned dual LV12F or the dual F12. Not going to mix. I sent an email to rythmik support and for 100% HT use they suggested dual LV12F.

I have the LV12F and like it. Between LV12F and F12 do u see a huge difference? I am in dilemma of dual LV12F or the dual F12. My room is just 10*11.
I have f12 se, I have heard lv12f
Difference is quite significant-
Lv12f- SPL is quite loud - ideal for movies but not so great with music.this one can be used up to moderate size rooms.
F12 - less SPL , but very musical it just dissapears, it can also be used for small rooms- for HT.

If you are using audissey - or Dirac for untreated room - then you will have to play with the manual settings to get the full potential of the sub

I have f12 se, I have heard lv12f
Difference is quite significant-
Lv12f- SPL is quite loud - ideal for movies but not so great with music.this one can be used up to moderate size rooms.
F12 - less SPL , but very musical it just dissapears, it can also be used for small rooms- for HT.

If you are using audissey - or Dirac for untreated room - then you will have to play with the manual settings to get the full potential of the sub
Ok my room is small 11*10 and I am only concerned about movies performance and have no interest with the music performance. So i wanted to know if the F12 will really add the value of additional 40k difference for movies. Usage is 100% movies and average performance for music is more then enough. Don’t want to be spending additional 80k for marginal improvements in movies for a dual F12 over the LV12F

Ok my room is small 11*10 and I am only concerned about movies performance and have no interest with the music performance. So i wanted to know if the F12 will really add the value of additional 40k difference for movies. Usage is 100% movies and average performance for music is more then enough. Don’t want to be spending additional 80k for marginal improvements in movies for a dual F12 over the LV12F
Honestly - I would suggest you to go for lv12 f for movies. It's a great sub. But for a room of 11 *10 do you find a single lv12 f lacking?
I heard it in a HT 14*16 size it was quite impressive.

Hi!
Has anyone here experimented with the low-level inputs and the high-level inputs on the F12 subwoofer and preferred one versus the other?

I have heard some suggest high-level is better, but that's definitely a more expensive route in terms of the upgrade cost from Rythmik and then buying more expensive pair of speaker cables vs. a pair of RCA cables.

PS. I'm asking in the context of music rather than HT!

Hi!
Has anyone here experimented with the low-level inputs and the high-level inputs on the F12 subwoofer and preferred one versus the other?

I have heard some suggest high-level is better, but that's definitely a more expensive route in terms of the upgrade cost from Rythmik and then buying more expensive pair of speaker cables vs. a pair of RCA cables.

PS. I'm asking in the context of music rather than HT!
High level is a legacy input in most subs (including Rythmik) except REL which is specifically designed to work better with it.

Back