S.M.S.L Products (Amplifier / DAC) Owners thread..

I think Platinum one speaker driver size and back ported is the only difference with this speakers right ?.

Yes.. you are right..

The dealer suggested me to take Platinum one when i was checking different models in Taga.

Ok fine.. I have the platinum one too, but will be used as surrounds in my brothers HT set-up..

But for corner placements, Which one do you prefer ? S-90 SL or Platinum one .

Room corners is not the ideal placements for speakers.. I had it that way because, it was my work table and i don't have flexibility to move them around..

But, if you room is abt 10 feet wide, you can place the speakers 6 feet apart leaving 2 feet on either sides either wall mounted (or) placed on stands, whichever works for you..

Even for wall mounted , do we only consider sealed speakers.

Nope.. Not like that.. Sealed subwoofer is said to be good for music.. So in that regard, a sealed speaker is also good to consider..Same reason, i settled for S90 SL for my desktop.. Only thing as i said earlier, the bass may not sound prominent as ported speaker..

What about back ported like platinum one.

You can have rear ported speaker too against the wall.. I have read that the distance from rear wall has to be twice the width of the speaker port, which am not sure, why..

Don't worry too much abt port & near wall placement.. Just wall mount them & make sure you are giving some space to the sides of the speaker..

There is more to the room & placement than to speaker port w.r.t bass..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back