SA-ID5000 - 5.1 sound

travel_living

HI,

I have connected my Philips DVD player 5.1 sound out put ( 5 RC cable ) to Sonly SA-1D5000 . Now i am plying DVD which has Dolby/DTS 5.1 audio feature.
when ever i press sound from DVD option on SA-ID5000 remote, i get sound from L/R & Center. but when i press sound from CD option, i get sound from all speakers. Pl advice if it's normal operation.

Thanks

Yes this is the normal operation. When playing dd/dts dvds you will hear sound from speakers intended for that specific channel only. But when a cd is played, the dvd player converts the stereo sound to pseudo 5.1 channel and you will hear sound from all speakers.

Hi baijuxavior,
I faced a same problem in this regard.So you are telling that it is a normal operation.Can you please suggest me what type of DVD(dd/dts will not work as suggested by you) should be played to get the output from all speaker in DVD mode of the SA-ID5000 system.

Thanks in advance

Hi baijuxavior,
I faced a same problem in this regard.So you are telling that it is a normal operation.Can you please suggest me what type of DVD(dd/dts will not work as suggested by you) should be played to get the output from all speaker in DVD mode of the SA-ID5000 system.

Thanks in advance

Let me assume your problem is like this:

You are getting sound through all speakers while playing CDs.

You are getting sound through Front L, R and center channels only when playing DVD with DD/DTS sound.

I don't know what is meant by CD and DVD option of sony SA-ID5000 . I think, when you use the CD option, the amp distributes the stereo sound to all speakers to get a surround effect. But when DVD option is used, sound will be heard from only those speakers to which there is an audio signal. In a 5.1 DVD movie, most of the dialogue are through the center channel and the BGM through the Front L & R channels. There will be sound through the rear speakers when the film situation demands, like some body talking from behind you etc.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back