SA-ID5000 - 5.1 sound

travel_living

HI,

I have connected my Philips DVD player 5.1 sound out put ( 5 RC cable ) to Sonly SA-1D5000 . Now i am plying DVD which has Dolby/DTS 5.1 audio feature.
when ever i press sound from DVD option on SA-ID5000 remote, i get sound from L/R & Center. but when i press sound from CD option, i get sound from all speakers. Pl advice if it's normal operation.

Thanks

Yes this is the normal operation. When playing dd/dts dvds you will hear sound from speakers intended for that specific channel only. But when a cd is played, the dvd player converts the stereo sound to pseudo 5.1 channel and you will hear sound from all speakers.

Hi baijuxavior,
I faced a same problem in this regard.So you are telling that it is a normal operation.Can you please suggest me what type of DVD(dd/dts will not work as suggested by you) should be played to get the output from all speaker in DVD mode of the SA-ID5000 system.

Thanks in advance

Hi baijuxavior,
I faced a same problem in this regard.So you are telling that it is a normal operation.Can you please suggest me what type of DVD(dd/dts will not work as suggested by you) should be played to get the output from all speaker in DVD mode of the SA-ID5000 system.

Thanks in advance

Let me assume your problem is like this:

You are getting sound through all speakers while playing CDs.

You are getting sound through Front L, R and center channels only when playing DVD with DD/DTS sound.

I don't know what is meant by CD and DVD option of sony SA-ID5000 . I think, when you use the CD option, the amp distributes the stereo sound to all speakers to get a surround effect. But when DVD option is used, sound will be heard from only those speakers to which there is an audio signal. In a 5.1 DVD movie, most of the dialogue are through the center channel and the BGM through the Front L & R channels. There will be sound through the rear speakers when the film situation demands, like some body talking from behind you etc.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back