sam9s NEXT NAS Project! powered by Synology DS413j!!

if you are ok with just a central file server to hold your stuff and your data is just media that you are not bothered much if you lose, in that case, a one disk nas is ok. I, however, would recommend a WD my cloud 2TB in that case, than Synology. Coz that would land cheaper and would serve the purpose well as a central file server .....

Hi Sammy, I have a Apple TV3,Roku Stick, ReTv bought one after another to just satisfy my family media needs but nothing was complete solution., I was satisfied with Roku I would call it KING of streaming( U mentioned in another thread too) ,but when it came to movies on the tv i had to plug-in a flash drive to watch a movie. I saw geekyranjit reviewing ReTv his views were convincing thought it would be a complete solution for media as it had apps, flash drive capability so bought it but the software is not that great , coming from Roku its ages behind. Nonetheless RETV is just android phone OS ported on it.thats all it can do too.Buying a NAS was a long time thought process as it was expensive & moreover I had no-one to help me out in setting it up but after reading your thread thoroughly i was completly sold out bought a Synology DS216SE model got delivered yesterday through amazon.in , I infact did the setup using your part 1 though the version you've used is different i was pretty much able to do without a hassle.Thanks a TON for that.
However i am having problem in streaming movies from my NAS to Apple TV , searching for a solution ..
Roku stick did without any issue , so did the ReTV when activated the UPnP in NAS but both of never asked for any authentication dont know why maybe since they were on the same network. NAS was detected VLC for android on my mobile phone it didnt ask for authentication either.
I didnt follow one step in your Part 1 , that is i am using the quick connect for accessing the media via internet . It does work nicely but it takes time and buffers too inspite of good speeds in Jio & 100Mbps fiber connection at home network where the NAS is connected. Is there any other alternative other than you've mentioned ? I will be glad if you can help it.
I have doubts over bandwidth usage when streaming content from NAS via Internet , example if i stream a movie with a file size of 2GB how much data will be used both on the mobile & at home internet.
I do have lots of other doubts but will clarify one by one with you if you dont mind my pester.
Well I could've PMed you the above post but I feel you deserve a big shoutout for the indispensable advice & help you give in this forum, happy to have met a person like you through this forum. Thanks a lot once again.

Apple tv is good.
Well after the latest update they have removed the app store for my ATV 3rd gen, so that all I think., I cant install any apps from the app store stuck with what's present. Latest generation of apple tv in my opinion is not worth so much money. Amazon fire stick is way better.

Hi Sammy, I have a Apple TV3,Roku Stick, ReTv bought one after another to just satisfy my family media needs but nothing was complete solution., I was satisfied with Roku I would call it KING of streaming( U mentioned in another thread too) ,but when it came to movies on the tv i had to plug-in a flash drive to watch a movie. I saw geekyranjit reviewing ReTv his views were convincing thought it would be a complete solution for media as it had apps, flash drive capability so bought it but the software is not that great , coming from Roku its ages behind. Nonetheless RETV is just android phone OS ported on it.thats all it can do too.Buying a NAS was a long time thought process as it was expensive & moreover I had no-one to help me out in setting it up but after reading your thread thoroughly i was completly sold out bought a Synology DS216SE model got delivered yesterday through amazon.in , I infact did the setup using your part 1 though the version you've used is different i was pretty much able to do without a hassle.Thanks a TON for that.
However i am having problem in streaming movies from my NAS to Apple TV , searching for a solution ..
Roku stick did without any issue , so did the ReTV when activated the UPnP in NAS but both of never asked for any authentication dont know why maybe since they were on the same network. NAS was detected VLC for android on my mobile phone it didnt ask for authentication either.
I didnt follow one step in your Part 1 , that is i am using the quick connect for accessing the media via internet . It does work nicely but it takes time and buffers too inspite of good speeds in Jio & 100Mbps fiber connection at home network where the NAS is connected. Is there any other alternative other than you've mentioned ? I will be glad if you can help it.
I have doubts over bandwidth usage when streaming content from NAS via Internet , example if i stream a movie with a file size of 2GB how much data will be used both on the mobile & at home internet.
I do have lots of other doubts but will clarify one by one with you if you dont mind my pester.
Well I could've PMed you the above post but I feel you deserve a big shoutout for the indispensable advice & help you give in this forum, happy to have met a person like you through this forum. Thanks a lot once again.

senthildent I sincerely apologize for not replying earlier, I have not logged in to forum for long, one reason is quite busy in life these days and if mods are reading this I hate the new look and feel of fourms ... hehe ..lol :D .... so much so that I sometimes dont feel like logging .... lol... anyway jokes apart, the questions you are asked can easily be addressed .... I am not sure if you will read the reply since its been quite a number of days you posted, hence I am dropping you a PM, please do read and respond accordingly ..... once again I apologize for the delayed response ....regards
Sammy

Back