sam9s Online Radio Station project! powered by Synology 413j and ICECast

BTW about that posts not visible for "General Lounge" even I see that even though I have posted in the thread, if I click on "New POsts" of "Todays Posts" it does not list this thread under General Lounge.

I am not sure if this is deliberate or bug ??

HI technobhatt,

I was hoping and expecting a response from you, and I admit was a bit disappointed.. :). anyway thanks that you tested the services. I want to add so many more features and expand more, like more song info, including the remaining time, the album art ....etc. Once interesting feature I would add (at some point) is a skip button to skip the song. It would monitor the number of times the skip button is pressed, and say its been pressed 5 times by the visitors it will skip the current song playing.(ofcouse I have to see/block somehow that one visitor can press the skip only once within a time period) There are few other features also I would like to add, but I right now I am limited coz of this stupid upload, I can not expend, advertize or add more to my services as I know not more than 10-12 users can stream in one go, so there is no point in expanding. It would ruin the experience of the end user

I am just hoping when I shift to my new flat, and change my ISP I will get better uploads. Let see :)

BTW about that posts not visible for "General Lounge" even I see that even though I have posted in the thread, if I click on "New POsts" of "Todays Posts" it does not list this thread under General Lounge.

I am not sure if this is deliberate or bug ??

Just checked your post. (Again I couldn't see your post earlier, due to this being in General Lounge)
However, for the time being...if possible you can ask the moderators to move this thread into some other section; so that more people can see.

Streaming is really good.

Last edited:
Thanks ,,, not sure if mods will do that ....MODS!!! ....if you listening ... :) ...... do I have the honor of this thread moved to some other tree, so more users can view ... ?????

Great effort! I was listening to the radio today morning. Streaming is smooth, but the highlight is the songs collection. Many of the songs I was hearing for the first time! Thanks for the link.

Hey Sam,

Played the link on my squeezebox touch. Wonderful collection you have there.
Many thanks man !!..

May be you can generate a payment model to keep it going.. I will be first one to subscribe.

Thx
Amit

sam9s,
Streaming good !!!

One question, Do the music label companies object to public broadcast like this.
do they seek licences/royalties?

Last edited:
sam9s,
Streaming good !!!

One question, Do the music label companies object to public broadcast like this.
do they seek licences/royalties?

Not until you do this commercially, as long as its just for personal use and the songs are not pirated its ok I guess, All the songs I have are legally bought MP3 CDs from the market. I made sure the playlist I am playing does not have any song that is downloaded off the net, but if you do find one (by its name etc, let me know I will remove it.)

Hey Sam,

Played the link on my squeezebox touch. Wonderful collection you have there.
Many thanks man !!..

May be you can generate a payment model to keep it going.. I will be first one to subscribe.

Thx
Amit

Hi Amit thanks, there are couple of reasons I can not go commercial, one is the one listed above, and the second is even though I made sure the services are rock solid and are professional, I cannot launch it commercially as I do not have the upload speed needed for mass number of users to log in. With the current upload speed I have not more than 15-20 users can log in to the system at one time. So I have to settle with what I have ... :(. I will see if I can change the IPS and have better upload speed. I can advertise the station more and let more users log in.

Last edited:
I hope you all users also did use the song request system as well. Hope its working fine and you were able to play the requested song.

HI All

no-ip.com website is not opening on Airtel broadband,(so DDNS services are not working) (for what ever reasons), due to this www.sam9sradio.in will not work and will be down. I have lodged a complain and airtel techs are looking in to this. Till that time the services will be down.

Apologies for the inconvenience..

Friends ... noip is back and all my services are now up and running. sam9s.com and my radiostation are up and live again...... enjoy

Friends Update :: Due to my House Shifting to new location sam9sradio.in and sam9s.com WOULD NOT be available for around next 10-15 days. I will let you know when the services are up again ........ apologies and hope you enjoy all the services offered.by me ...

Friends ..... sam9sradio.in is back ..... It been more than a year I was not able to start the service as I did not have any decent net connection. Now that I have a 50mbps down and 3mbps up connection I decided to make my radio station alive again.

Also purchased a dedicated hardware for the same that I can run 24x7, so the server is available all the time. So try it out sam9sradio
The only rare time it would not be available would be when my Internet ISP goes down, which sometimes happen like couple of hours in a week. Hathway is not as solid as Airtel when it comes to uptime.

Regards
Sammy

Last edited:
It's really awesome ... Can you please guide me how to add your station to my squeezebox touch??

Back