Samsung 32A550P1(Series 5) to Sony 32V550 Upgrade

plasmoid

Hi all,
Was planning to upgrade my LCD TV. At present I have samsung series 5 in 32 inches and am planning to upgrade to sony v550 series.

I am not interested in going in for a bigger size due to my restricted viewing distance and room size...so am sticking with 32inch.Was just wondering if there will be a drastic difference in black levels,color,motion etc. Usage is 40% gaming;20% Bluray/Bluray MP4 rips;40% DVDs.

I've also heard a lot of complaints with sony bravia regarding the backlight bleed so am thinking twice.

I am getting 19k form Sony(paid 42) for my old TV as exchange(1 year old).Wanted to know if I should take the plunge or wait till next year for new models.

well it ain't worth upgrading.wait for next years models.by december or JAN we will know the specs of 2010 lcds and by the month of MAY it would have hit the streets.even then it depends on how good the 2010 lcds are .in 32" segment not much improvements in panel tech.

Last edited:
just curious....what is your viewing distance......beause with around 7-8 feet you can have up to 42" so i am wondering how small your viewing distance is.

Hi all,
Was planning to upgrade my LCD TV. At present I have samsung series 5 in 32 inches and am planning to upgrade to sony v550 series.

I am not interested in going in for a bigger size due to my restricted viewing distance and room size...so am sticking with 32inch.Was just wondering if there will be a drastic difference in black levels,color,motion etc. Usage is 40% gaming;20% Bluray/Bluray MP4 rips;40% DVDs.

I've also heard a lot of complaints with sony bravia regarding the backlight bleed so am thinking twice.

I am getting 19k form Sony(paid 42) for my old TV as exchange(1 year old).Wanted to know if I should take the plunge or wait till next year for new models.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back