Samsung 64F8500 Plasma Discussion Thread

Need some advice quickly. Only the on/off switch blinks 5 times when tried to switch on through remote, no display. It's been 15 months since I bought this; had taken 3 year extended warranty. Had the Samsung Technician visiting my house and opening the TV; he said the electric panel is not taking the required voltage and needed to be replaced - which he said would be replaced under warranty and that he would call for the said part from the company. Its now a week but no news. Have any of you faced this problem or heard of it and what was the solution?
I also have two LCD TVs that have not had any problem till date though they would have been used quite a lot - a Samsung 32 inch TV that was purchased nearly 8 years ago and a Sony 40 inch TV that was purchased more than 6 years back.
Kindly advise.

Samsung replaced the panel free, being covered by warranty. They suggested to keep the switch off from the mains when not watching TV and not just switching off the TV via remote. The guys also mentioned that the panel has the latest software.
The TV is working fine, need to see if it has brought in any colour bleeding, etc.
They also suggested to get a separate normal Samsung remote - can anyone help know the model, the price and where it can be bought from?

Hi, I faced the same problem as the above poster with my Samsung 64F8500. The Samsung service people came three times, each time telling some or the other thing is gone and the third time, they told that panel is gone. I had the same issue about a year back where they replaced the panel but unfortunately the same issue has happened. The TV is still under extended warranty (got the extended warranty and extra 3D glasses as i bought it during a promotion in August 2013) which expires this coming August. Now they are saying that they will give refund after depreciation of 35-40% as neither panel or TV is available anywhere and production has stopped. I want to know since it's still under warranty, why are they not giving the full refund. Is this the norm? I'd really like to have the same TV as it's the best, but I don't have any other option. I'd really like help as to how to deal with this situation. Thanks in advance.

I feel there's many incidents of 64F8500 going kaput even in first 3 years.

A big question on reliability of such a pricey product which was also TOTL not few years back (maybe still is).

sad scenario.

And extended warranty also won't work as the parts are not available. I am sure owners will not be happy with refund. They wanted it to live.
Shame.

The TV is now showing an on and off-colour vertical line. This is pathetic quality for such a TV that is not even 3 years old. My Samsung 32 and Sony 40" bought nearly 10 years ago are still going strong and never had any issues. Got to raise a complaint.

Yes. My TV died. Samsung issued a refund after depreciation. Vertical lines are sometimes due to faulty power or moving the unit around carelessly.

Yes. My TV died. Samsung issued a refund after depreciation. Vertical lines are sometimes due to faulty power or moving the unit around carelessly.

Sad to hear that.What Tv are you using now? . Also if you can share what is the depreciation amount samsung is giving these days as they have different slabs for Over 2, 3 and 4 years.

Do we have any users still using this TV and how are things going. I do see firmware updates still coming in for this model.

Any one still using this tv or they have moved on. Bumping this old thread to check on the same

My set is still working fine. In fact moved it 2 yrs ago to a house that has a similar set bought on Same day....We keep it on via stabiliszer throughout.( just power off)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back