Samsung 64F8500 Plasma Discussion Thread

shaiju_o_thomas

Hello!!!

Let's keep this thread for discussion on Samsung 64F8500 plasma. I read many are interested in this model and a few members already own it including me. Yes, yay!

I would share some (not so good) pictures from my S3. Don't judge the S3, my photography skills are bad.

The purpose of this thread should be for owners to share opinions, experiences, features, new discoveries, picture settings, what they don't like, what they wish for and upload loads of jaw dropping pictures. This thread is not for discussions on LCD-LED vs. Plasma, Panasonic vs. Samsung, etc.. Avoid price talks as much as possible. There are other dedicated threads for price discussions.

All owners sit back and enjoy. For the rest we are here to help you spend your money :)

So here goes...

Tag.jpg

Features.jpg

Firmware%2520update.jpg

Display switched off. I kept the shots dark on purpose. You will se the lights that's hitting the display. All this vanishes once switched on. Only pure picture, no reflections whatsoever.

Front%25204.jpg

Front%25205.jpg

Front%25205.jpg

Front%25202.jpg

Side%25201.jpg

Side%25202.jpg

Great.. looking forward for more details, including calibration etc. This should be the reference thread for anything related to the great 64F8500, the best practical premium TV, money can buy (as of now).

Great thread.
I would be glad if you can take pictures with a better camera though. This does not do any justice to the TV.

Will do. Am borrowing a Sony from a colleague. Hopefully can post better pics tomorrow. There was a post on how to capture better pictures with display on and off. Let me try finding that.

The standard remote is not supplied. The delivery guys were looking for it in the box.

I was a bit disappointed when I checked Samsung.in for accessories supplied. Only the new fancy remote is part of the kit. Fortunately it takes only 10 minutes to get used to the fancy remote. It looks cool, is well built and compact. The touch pad is super responsive and swipe works without hitch.

The menus are buttery smooth though I wish it remembered the last menu/submenu accessed and default selected next time menu is clicked. Panasonic does that and is very handy.

Guests at home were mesmerized. That's mainly due to the imposing screen size :)

I've posted pictures only in switched off state. I'll take pictures of BR tonight. Life Of Pi, Prometheus, Skyfall and Baraka/Samsara.

Put in your BR suggestions and I'll try posting those if available.

BD recommendations (if available): Sherlock Holmes for stunning blacks, Hugo 3D for 3D, The Hobbit - 2D or 3D, Planet Earth (as suggested by lake).

Hmmm. I am all green.

BD recommendations (if available): Sherlock Holmes for stunning blacks, Hugo 3D for 3D, The Hobbit - 2D or 3D, Planet Earth (as suggested by lake).

Hmmm. I am all green.

Should have them on BR or DVD.

You have an excellent ST50 :) how is that doing?

Only if we had a HFV meet for displays just like audio gears.

Denom, hope you are reading this thread :)

Should have them on BR or DVD.

You have an excellent ST50 :) how is that doing?

Only if we had a HFV meet for displays just like audio gears.

Denom, hope you are reading this thread :)

Definitely view them on bluray discs as far as possible. My st50 is doing great.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back