Samsung 64F8500 Plasma Discussion Thread

Looks Beautiful even when switched off. specially i like combi colour of bezel grey & black.
Do post a snap showing off sansara. Will do justice of 70mm footage on 64 inches.

Samsara.

Still not there with photo skills. Trying many settings on the Sony Nex5. Will borrow Nikon D90 over weekend.

DSC01652.JPG

DSC01662.JPG

DSC01663.JPG

DSC01664.JPG

My current settings

Picture Mode: Movie
Cell light: 12 or 14
Contrast: 82
Brightness: 46 or 47
Sharpness: 0
Colour: 50
Tint: G50-R50
Picture Size: Screen Fit

Dynamic Contrast: Off
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Colour Space: Auto

White balance 2P, 10P: Set at default

Gamma: +1

Colour Tone: Warm2
Digital Clean View: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
HDMI Black Level: Normal
Film Mode: Off or Cinema Smooth
Motion Judder Canceller: Off
Black Optimizer: Dark room

Eco Solution under System - Off

Good Pics Shaiju..can u please upload the pics with the TV border showing..It will give the complete awesome picture..This cropping makes it look like any normal picture..

Shaiju great feedback so far.. keep it coming

My bad.. my chances of owning this one is out, as the wall which is for TV can accommodate a TV 150 cm max width. If I consider the wooden wall panel already fitted, then only 138cms is the limit. Now normally I would like some amount of the wooden panel on the side to show up, in that case around 130cm max. So normally the widths of flat panels are

46"/47"- 103-104 cm
50"-116 cm
51"-119 cm
55"-122 cm
64"-149 cm

Based on the above 64" is ruled out. Now the possibility is between 46-55". So no way I will be able to accommodate 64". Hope they releases the 51" brethren as well.

Last edited:
Good Pics Shaiju..can u please upload the pics with the TV border showing..It will give the complete awesome picture..This cropping makes it look like any normal picture..

Hi,

Thanks. I will upload the cropped and original. I don't have a tripod and sometimes take pictures at an angle by mistake. So I removed the bezel.

Have clicked few from Avengers and uploading in progress.

With lights on. Top centre you can see the light. Only the camera has captured it. It is not visible during actual viewing.

_DSC1701.JPG

With lights off. This is how the above shot looks in person.

_DSC1703.JPG

Last edited:
Images look stunning. Yes. the photos will not make justice ti the actual PQ in person. But gives fair idea of how natural picture a plasma can produce. Look at the skin tones from sansara.

Very nice pics. Waiting for detailed review.

Coming soon :)

Playing around with cell light, brightness, contrast and gamma. Even a click here and there makes visible difference in PQ.

The things I absolutely love so far:
1) Colours
2) Light output
3) Contrast
4) 2D pictures pop
5) Screen filter
6) No banding, even on the rich opening logo of Marvel on Avengers BD.
7) No DFC
8) Quick vanishing IR. My mom watches Asianet for an hour continuously. I look for IR the next day. Fortunately no stubborn IR so far, in fact no trace of it.

Edit: When I say "No" banding and DFC it does not mean they are absent. Just that I could not see it on same content (or any other content) where I noticed it on other plasmas owned.

Last edited:
Images look stunning. Yes. the photos will not make justice ti the actual PQ in person. But gives fair idea of how natural picture a plasma can produce. Look at the skin tones from sansara.

The camera can't capture the details and warm picture quality. I'll try better camera.

Congrats man for your purchase, I'll call you soon for more details, Hope you're enjoying the TV

Not much time to enjoy the tv. Planning to utilize the weekend. Trying various settings and taking pictures to upload.

On the way back from work now. I'll update the firmware. Let's see what it has in store.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back