Samsung 64F8500 Plasma Discussion Thread

Outstanding picture quality Shaiju! Watched Avengers on my Et55 on Tata sky HD+. Yours look much better!

The HD on TS is not a true HD, you can say. The culprit is compression during broadcast. If you want to compare then play the original Blu Ray movie using a BD player. The difference between TS and the BR movie from disc is enormous.

The HD on TS is not a true HD, you can say. The culprit is compression during broadcast. If you want to compare then play the original Blu Ray movie using a BD player. The difference between TS and the BR movie from disc is enormous.

you are right.Blu ray discs do look better than TS on my display.Just watched Love Never Dies (Andrew Lloyd Webber) on Bluray, looks gorgeous, but I feel Shaiju's display is definitely better.

Of course yes. Shaiju's display is one of the top of the range Plasma, with the best blacks and the contrast.

But keep it in mind that what you paid is only half the price of what Shaiju paid (normally plasmas are cheaper by about 25-30% than an LED of same size). So be happy, with the fact that you saved almost 85K, which can be used to buy all the original BDs and get great PQ all the time. So be happy with what you got, there's nothing wrong with ET5D.

Hello!!!

Let's keep this thread for discussion on Samsung 64F8500 plasma. I read many are interested in this model and a few members already own it including me. Yes, yay!

I would share some (not so good) pictures from my S3. Don't judge the S3, my photography skills are bad.

The purpose of this thread should be for owners to share opinions, experiences, features, new discoveries, picture settings, what they don't like, what they wish for and upload loads of jaw dropping pictures. This thread is not for discussions on LCD-LED vs. Plasma, Panasonic vs. Samsung, etc.. Avoid price talks as much as possible. There are other dedicated threads for price discussions.

All owners sit back and enjoy. For the rest we are here to help you spend your money :)

So here goes...

Tag.jpg

Features.jpg

Firmware%2520update.jpg

Display switched off. I kept the shots dark on purpose. You will se the lights that's hitting the display. All this vanishes once switched on. Only pure picture, no reflections whatsoever.

Front%25204.jpg

Front%25205.jpg

Front%25205.jpg

Front%25202.jpg

Side%25201.jpg

Side%25202.jpg
hi pls suggest me good lg or samsung in 32inch full hd pls help me planned to buy in singapore ...
quick response appreciated..

pls suggest me best led in lg or samsung 32inh full hd ...planned to buy in singapore

Hi santh, I do not have much idea about 32 inch LEDs, But if you are planning for a 40 inch LED, I suggest you buy Sony w800A..

Another thing If you want suggestions on LED, please visit the LED thread in the forum.. rather than trying your luck in a Plasma thread.;)

Anyone in Mumbai genuinely looking to buy this model immediately? I can connect to contact for best price.

PM me. Again, only if genuinely interested.

OMG, The TV is BRIGHT.
Are you noticing the brightness making the performance better in ambient light?

Yes, the extra light output makes the picture pop and gives it more depth. Everything is contrast rich. Putting on the lights does not diminish the picture quality. To be fair I will try capturing a video demonstrating lights on and off. Not sure how much the camera can replicate but will give it a shot.

Oh yes. It helps in 3D. Never thought I did try 3D much but this tv had changed my opinion.

Some more from Avengers using Sony NEX5.

The colours are lush. The brightness holds well and is even. There is no eye strain when the scenes switch from dark to bright and the other way.

_DSC1686.JPG

A screen capture with bezel. I will not judge based on picture how deep black plasmas can go but you will get a fair idea.

_DSC1687.JPG

Bright picture with and great details.

_DSC1678.JPG

This was a quick capture. The falling building has tons of details and is crisp when viewed in person.

_DSC1679.JPG

you are right.Blu ray discs do look better than TS on my display.Just watched Love Never Dies (Andrew Lloyd Webber) on Bluray, looks gorgeous, but I feel Shaiju's display is definitely better.

docd, hoping to visit your place in a few weeks. Let's see if we can adjust your display to get more improvement. Am sure you must have tried all tricks in the book :)

Shaiju what is the power consumtion of this beautiful monster and what is your viewing distance ?
Dreaming of this set now, but perhaps it may be an overkill, size wise for me. Do you know if the 60 or 51 inchers will be marketed here by Samsung....

Shaiju what is the power consumtion of this beautiful monster and what is your viewing distance ?
Dreaming of this set now, but perhaps it may be an overkill, size wise for me. Do you know if the 60 or 51 inchers will be marketed here by Samsung....

Not worried about power consumption, at least till I see the power bill next month.

More details from Samsung here...
PS64F8500 - spec

I am at ~12-13ft from the screen. Absolutely amazing. SD channels are bearable but anything in full HD or near HD is super.

I would suggest this display to anyone with enough wall / mounting space, ~11-14ft viewing distance and right budget.

Last edited:
Refer prior pages for screen prints from BD.

aakshar,

This model along with top end Panasonics will be movie lovers' delight. I am in absolute love with this panel. Am putting together an owner's review having played around with the settings quite a bit.

Do you know where in Mumbai or Pune can I bur calibration equipment, both software and hardware? Thanks.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back