Samsung 64F8500 Plasma Discussion Thread

Call up Samsung Customer Care, number is in Website. They would initiate the process and arrange for visit by their local support partner, who would also collect cheque. Keep your bill photocopy ready before the technician visit. Eventually you will receive the certificate through courier.

How does one go about getting the 3 yr extended warranty? Who to call and how much is it? Thanks.

Great thread!! this is exactly what i was looking for

Can someone kindly guide me how to check PDT(Panel Display Time) on a Samsung 75H6400 . also if this can be reset by dealer.

And how does 1 ensure it is not a Demo piece

Quick reply will be highly appreciated.

Folks ,

I have started another thread on people who are looking to buy 64F8500 . I am in Bangalore , it can be shipped to other parts of india with additional cost. I already have few people who have shown interest , more people would help bargain hard .

Please check teh thread on "Group buying samsung plasma 64f8500".

The current quote i am getting is 1.9L and i am sure i should be able to bring it to 1.75L if few more people join . regarding stocks , it is pretty much available.

All ,

Any heating issues with this plasma. Please update . With an average 5 hours continuous usage everyday

Thanks Balram for the update.

Anything else i need to look for . Does a stabilizer is a must , though there are no frequent power cuts and whenever there is, there is a auto gen backup in apt . Does the spike of power cut and gen on would cause any damage if no stabilizer.
I have seen few videos of external cooling fan added to the TV and i assume no such thing is needed for a usage of 6-7 hours in a day .
current pany is 330 V and this is 660 V so being extra cautious:)

Hi everyone,
I tried to play a BR rip x264 .mkv file from the USB port, but the TV is not able to read the format.
Do I need a media player for this or it can work in some other way.

Exact same thing happened with mine. The Samsung technicians are dumb. First guy randomly started fidgeting with connectors and was trying his luck, I asked him to stop immediately. He said panel gone, blah blah. I Requested for a senior engineer. He was able to replace one part, cost me 14k.

Fact that TV comes on one in 20 times and no issue with the image once on meant issue was else where.

I was dumb enough not to buy the extended warranty, but lucky enough to get TV fixed for 14k.

After 16 months of awesomeness my PLasma has coloured vertical lines. The technician checked and said Panel needs to be replaced. I am hoping they do have panel in stock :(

After 16 months of awesomeness my PLasma has coloured vertical lines. The technician checked and said Panel needs to be replaced. I am hoping they do have panel in stock :(

Sorry to hear that :mad:. Is it covered under extended warranty? If not, what's estimated cost?.
Also can you take snap of the fault?

Sorry to hear that :mad:. Is it covered under extended warranty? If not, what's estimated cost?.
Also can you take snap of the fault?

Yes, had taken the extended warranty, so its covered. The estimated cost is 50K (which I dont know if true as I think its too less for this TV) provided they find a replacement else they will refund money and take the TV:sad: which I told them not to and the engineer was surprised.

he is like wont you be happy with money? Told him a strict no and he gave me which planet is this fool from look :)

Will post a snap tomorrow.

Sad to hear the news. Surely looking for an update and see what they come back with on this. As 16 months is not a very long time. Panel replacement is a big thing.

They changed the panel today but I am little worried, why?

1. My previous panel manufacturing date was 29/05/2014 but the replaced panel date is 14/05/2014. So the new panel is actually 15 days older than my existing TV and almost 1.5 yrs old. He said replacement panels are old stock that came when TV was sold.

2. The new panel has done 3100 mins. When I asked the service guy he said , this is your previous panel time, when I asked him so you are saying i used the TV for 50 hours in 1.5 yrs, he did not have an answer. He says, may be they did testing. I am very fishy about it and also the menu was set to dynamic and was in Home use.

May be this is an used panel in some TV that was returned due to some defect. Not sure if I should be worried.

Sir,

I believe you should raise complaint with Samsung via Email and also CC (and record the conversation).

Sanket.

hi friends,

is this tv available any more ? in Mumbai or Pune ?

Hi Sanky: Do not post multiple posts, post it in one post. If required Edit a post and add more information.

This TV is not available anymore, anywhere.

Samsung 64F8500 is available at Amazon at 2.12 L. I think the price was 1.98 L a few days back and 1.83 L 2 months back at some e-commerce portal. Apologies if I misunderstood your comment.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back