Samsung 64F8500 Plasma Discussion Thread

Hello All,
I am a proud owner of 64F8500 now.
Thank you all for your inputs in this thread which helped me take this decision.
I have a query:
64F8500 does not have analog audio out and I would like to connect it to the integrated stereo amp (Marantz PM8003), which in turn are driving MA RX6 FS.
Is there an easy solution to this problem?

It will most probably have a optical out, so get a DAC like Fiio D3 and connect the RCA out of the DAC to your Marantz amp.

Found a solution:
The Airtel STB has analog audio out as well which can be connected to the amp.
For Blu ray player, which I am yet to buy, Pioneer BDP160/170 have analog out.

Guys,

I bought this TV and wall mounted it couple of days back. However, the TV is in a vertically slanted position and the technician is clueless and saying that that's how it is for this new mini-mount but however he'll find out and let me know -- which he did not do in the last 3-4 days. I'm insisting samsung to come and fix it, but still talking to them. People who wall mounted it, is it straight or slanted? Attaching pictures of my wall mounted TV and the TV mount box (apparently this used this first time, god knows if it's true).

Thanks
Suresh

Attachments

• IMG_20141030_114407.jpg
    IMG_20141030_114407.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_20141030_114632.jpg
    IMG_20141030_114632.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_20141030_114716.jpg
    IMG_20141030_114716.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 187
Since demo was not possible for Samsung 64F8500, I took one of my friends to Shaiju's place. Thanks a ton Shaiju !! :clapping::clapping:

He immediately booked it with Croma, Lower Parel during Diwali. Delivery will be in next 10-15 days. Final price he got was Rs.1.8L with Tab and Airtel DTH Free. He swiped two Credit Cards for Rs.3,000/- discount each and gave old CRT as buyback for Rs.3,000/. So eventually Rs.1.71L with freebies. Not a bad deal.

Now he informs me that he took the bill in his company's name so he will get 8% VAT benefits. Alomst 1.58L Net Woooow !!! :licklips::eek:hyeah: Imagine if he can sell Tab for 12-14k.......

Since demo was not possible for Samsung 64F8500, I took one of my friends to Shaiju's place. Thanks a ton Shaiju !! :clapping::clapping:

He immediately booked it with Croma, Lower Parel during Diwali. Delivery will be in next 10-15 days. Final price he got was Rs.1.8L with Tab and Airtel DTH Free. He swiped two Credit Cards for Rs.3,000/- discount each and gave old CRT as buyback for Rs.3,000/. So eventually Rs.1.71L with freebies. Not a bad deal.

Now he informs me that he took the bill in his company's name so he will get 8% VAT benefits. Alomst 1.58L Net Woooow !!! :licklips::eek:hyeah: Imagine if he can sell Tab for 12-14k.......

In Kochi the PS64F8500 is still being offered at 2.12L and festive seasons just makes them to add on a Soundbar or so. no reduction in price thus far :sad:. Is this because the other states have a lower sales tax structure than Kerala or is it the bigger logistics costs from SAMSUNG main distribution center?

Hello everyone,
I picked up mine from Noida couple of days back. Had to source it from there cause I was unable to get good price in Amritsar. Price I paid was 175k plus 11k for logistic so Basically 186k also I'll get a free tab from diwali scheme its on back order so I've yet to receive it. So overall its a good deal I guess. I've yet to set up TV or even install it. Its going to stay in box till I move to new home which would be probably in 2 months. I was unable to connect 3D glasses with TV though during testing. Any suggestions on that?

Hello All,

I have been missing from the forum for quite sometime now (office kept me too busy), but feels nice to be back here and reading all the wonderful messages.

Congratulations to all the new buyers, who have decided to pick up 64f8500. It is a marvelous piece of technology that you will definitely enjoy. :)

Hello everyone,
I picked up mine from Noida couple of days back. Had to source it from there cause I was unable to get good price in Amritsar. Price I paid was 175k plus 11k for logistic so Basically 186k also I'll get a free tab from diwali scheme its on back order so I've yet to receive it. So overall its a good deal I guess. I've yet to set up TV or even install it. Its going to stay in box till I move to new home which would be probably in 2 months. I was unable to connect 3D glasses with TV though during testing. Any suggestions on that?
@alljunkie - Can you please provide the name & contact info of the dealer?

The best deal I have been able to find is a price of ?1.8 lakhs for the TV with a 2.1 stereo speaker system (MRP ?4990)

Last edited:
@alljunkie - Can you please provide the name & contact info of the dealer?

The best deal I have been able to find is a price of ?1.8 lakhs for the TV with a 2.1 stereo speaker system (MRP ?4990)

I got it from Electromart from Sec 18 Noida. Sorry for late reply.

Hi guys,

I have been offered the TV for 1.8 Lakhs in modern world airport road Bangalore, there aren't any offers [should I ask for it?], is this a good deal ?

I went to buy this TV yesterday (64F8500), but I was quite surprised to see the picture quality. The screen is bright for sure, but no matter which channel I watched (Tata Sky HD and SD) the faces of characters on TV were just weird. Also, the colours were too bright, there was a Panasonic AS700D right next to it and connected to the same Tata Sky box, the colours were really good on it in comparison, soft on the eyes and ultra smooth.

Of course I changed the view mode, can't remember the names, which resulted in some improvement but honestly the picture was just not soft. Coming back to the faces of characters I mentioned above, there was just too much contrast within skin tones, you could see the progression from dark to light, it just looked really bad. Furthermore, everything seemed slightly blurry. I have always bought Panasonic Plasmas in the past so I had already made up mind to continue with a Plasma, but was so disappointed.

I don't know why this was the case, can anyone shed some light on this?

As of now I ended up buying the AS700D, but still have a chance to switch my order.

Must be the source that's split causing trouble.

On the TV, switch to Movie mode. Turn down sharpness to 5.
Switch off Dynamic Contrast.

Thanks Shaiju, I will give it a shot. Stuck at work right now, sucks!

BTW, I have a lot of windows in the room I will be keeping the TV in, will movie mode work well in case the curtains are open?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back