Samsung 64F8500 Plasma Discussion Thread

Available at 1.81 with tab 4 free and 0% finance here in hyd. Bajaj Electronics punjakutta. Ping me if u want contact of the sales manager. 2 pieces left as of today.

Finally purchased in my Town from Satya Agencies..
Rs.1.80 L withouth tab..
thanks.. to everyone who discussed lovingly..
I like to ask one question..
1.whether it will play video thro' wifi networked PC ( shared folder/media server)?
2. what is the code for oneforall cameleon Universal Remote..
again thanks..

Advice.
Do not run static logos for more than 25-30 minutes during first 100 hours. Once past 100 you crank up cell light and contrast to heart's content.

Finally purchased in my Town from Satya Agencies..
Rs.1.80 L withouth tab..
thanks.. to everyone who discussed lovingly..
I like to ask one question..
1.whether it will play video thro' wifi networked PC ( shared folder/media server)?
2. what is the code for oneforall cameleon Universal Remote..
again thanks..

You should have told me, would have got it for you for 1.77 man! With immediate delivery and 18 months EMI of 0%

1. Yes, it does play from my NAS. When I select source, it shows my NAS server name and I can browse and play it

Mine still on 1117. Looks like that's the latest OTA upgrade.

Movie mode
Cell light: 17
Film Mode: Off

If you see flicker on 1080/24p (play a BD high contrast scene) with above settings then log a service call. I had one of the component replaced and now no flicker. Tangled BD is a good test.

If you have Panasonic BDP then turn on Chroma processing. Sadly most 2013 and 2014 models do not use the UniPhier chipset. I have a 2012 BDT220 and with Chroma processing turned on there is less banding in pictures with no visible side effects. I am sold on UniPhier. Better than Sony and Pioneer BDP I have.

Hyderabad gets all the good offers. :)
Recent pricing - 1.72L with tab and 1.62L without tab.

Sony Electronics - Chandanagar.

Hello fans of the PS64F8500 , I am desperately waiting to buy this king of all HDTV during this Diwali in Bangalore. Saw in the papers that they are running good offers during this festive season. If anyone else is interested then we can approach dealer and strike a very good deal. Please do let me know .Thank you.

Hi,

I am from Bangalore and interested in buying the F8500. However, I cannot stretch to 1.8L. If I can get hold of a 1.3L like offer during Diwali, like some posters got during last year, I will definitely be interested in buying!!

Thanks.

Sony selling Samsung at such price...WOW

Its not sony showroom.. :D

Its a multi brand showroom with the name of sony electronics. :)

Hi,

I am from Bangalore and interested in buying the F8500. However, I cannot stretch to 1.8L. If I can get hold of a 1.3L like offer during Diwali, like some posters got during last year, I will definitely be interested in buying!!

Thanks.

No one got it for that price. You can go ahead and buy one of the other TVs. :)

Hi Sarba, I'm interested. What is the expected price?
Hi

As discussed in the thread am still interested in going for a group buy of the Samsung PS64F8500 Plasma during the Diwali season in Bangalore. The season offers are available till the 31st of October 2014. The offer from Modern World at Domlur , Bangalore is 1.8L without the tab. Please let me know if you are still interested.

Thanks
Sarbajit

Do not opt for without tab. Take it with Tab and sell its outside. I was able to sell it for 14.5k. If you settle for 1.87 with Tab, then effective cost will come to 1.73 lakhs.

Go for extended warranty. I purchased this TV last year and it have its own problems. Samsung first denied to to change parts free of costs. After a big sound they are ready to change it. This TV might have some technical problems with resopect to pannel. So go for extended wararnty.

Hello All,
I am a proud owner of 64F8500 now.
Thank you all for your inputs in this thread which helped me take this decision.
I have a query:
64F8500 does not have analog audio out and I would like to connect it to the integrated stereo amp (Marantz PM8003), which in turn are driving MA RX6 FS.
Is there an easy solution to this problem?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back