Samsung 64F8500 Plasma Discussion Thread

Kudos to f8500 for coming out with flying colors.............yet again!!! A remarkable feat indeed.

Unable to find this TV anywhere FFS, so annoying. Even tried with Bajaj Electronics in Hyderabad anyone knows where else I can try to get this TV? Want it in Punjab.

Modern world in bangalore can definetly source the 8500 ( i got it from them a few days back),PM if interested i could send you the contact info.

Modern world in bangalore can definetly source the 8500 ( i got it from them a few days back),PM if interested i could send you the contact info.

yes I would be greatly appreciate that info, I've sent PM for same.

A friend bought it last week in Noida.
I can check if there are further stocks.
Would you be able to take it from here?

Yes if you could check for it, I'd be grateful. Sent you PM for same too.

pbananth,

Check in T.Nagar brand shop and Vasanth&CO. When i was enquiring them 2 weeks back they didn't have this model in stock but both the dealers mentioned that they can place the order and deliver.

Samsung PN64F8500 Plasma Crowned King of HDTV by VE Shootout 2014...again?

That's right the Samsung F8500 has now became the very first HDTV to win the infamous VE Shootout back to back. In 2013 it was the battle of the Plasma's, between the Panasonic VT & ZT series which are no longer available today as they quit production at the end of 2013. Now the F8500 has won again in 2014 with the Highest Overall Average Score despite being pitted against the latest OLED & UHD 4K panels that cost as much as $120,000.00 !

This is quite a feat considering the placement of the HDTV during the Shootout, because it was mounted high above the current 2014 lineup of OLED & UHD 4K sets. This poor location gave the F8500 a clear disadvantage, because it has an Anti-Glare Louvered Filter called the Real Black Pro Filter which blocks out Ambient Light from Above and Below to allow for better Contrast in Bright-Room situations. Because of it's high placement on the wall, this Louvered Panel actually made the screen appear darker to the rest of the voting audience.

Despite the poor placement the Audience and Experts both cast their Votes for their favorite HDTV in several categories including: Black Level, Contrast Ratio, Color Accuracy, Motion Resolution (Sharpness), Day Mode and General Content (Video Quality) and the Samsung F8500 came out as the Overall Winner!

Since the Samsung F8500 had the Highest Overall Score it wasn't a tie just a marketing stunt to keep you interested in OLED tv's like the LG 55EC9300, because PLASMA tv's are on their way out thanks to the E.U Energy Standards in a large part, but Plasma still remains King of Picture Quality:

Score Tally from VE SHOOTOUT 2014:

#1) Samsung F8500: 52.01

#2) LG 55EC9300: 51.54

Sources: http://www.cnet.com/...onics-shootout/ ValueElectronics - Plasma, PDP, LCD, LED, OLED TVs, Audio Systems and Custom A/V Install

store%20082114.jpg

Having read the reviews, the comments in forum here and in avs decided to buy this and nothing else.
Hunted almost all shops in Chennai and even spoke to Samsung people. finally managed to get one. Year of manufacture March 2014.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back