Samsung BD-C5500 Blu-ray Disc DVD Player

olly42

I am having one of my friends pick up Samsung BD-C5500 Blu-ray Disc DVD Player from Radio Shack in the US with a sale price of $109.99 which is around Rs. 5060. The price in India for the same model is Rs 11990. I need to know if this is Region free and there wont be any problems. The Radio Shack Guys are not aware of this Please help

Hi All,

Found this on the net hope it helps someone
There has been a similar post before, but there is one key step missing - see extra step 9a below.
1. Ensure that there is no disk in the tray.
2. Switch the player off and then back on. This is necessary to clean-boot the firmware.
3. Wait until the main menu page appears and the player stops doing anything.
4. Press the Eject button to open the tray. (The button is between the "Power" and "TV Power" buttons at the top of the controller.)
5. Press the eject button to close the tray.
6. Wait while the player searches for a disk.
7. As soon as the "No Disk" message appears at the top left corner do the following.
8. Quickly press the REPEAT button just above the TV channel selector at the bottom right of the controller.
9. Enter 57538 on the number pad quickly, but accurately. This is The Code If You Have A Region 2 Player (Other Region Codes Given Below)
9a. Press REPEAT again!
10. The region code "2" should appear at the top left corner of the screen.(this just flashed on then off, so keep an eye on the screen)
11. Enter a "9" to make the player region free.
12. Power down and power up again.
13. Play a foreign DVD to verify the change.
Other Region Codes To Be Used In Step 9 If You Don't Have Region 2 Player are as shown below.
Samsung Region Codes
1 2 9 3 3 4
2 5 7 5 3 8
3 5 6 7 3 2
4 7 6 8 8 4
5 5 3 8 1 4
6 2 4 4 6 2
For Example If You Have A Region 1 DVD Player
At Step 9 You Would Type In 29334 followed by REPEAT & Look For 1 To Appear In The Left Hand Corner Then Type 9 To Make It Region Free
Once you type 9 then turn off your Blu-ray player wait 5 minutes turn back on and insert a foreign DVD. That's it, your player is now multi region!

The steps you mentioned will work only for DVD. For Blu-Ray, the player will be locked to Region A. In addition, all products purchased from the US will need 110 volts.

Cheers

The steps you mentioned will work only for DVD. For Blu-Ray, the player will be locked to Region A. In addition, all products purchased from the US will need 110 volts.

Cheers

Not all the products require conversion from usa( BD or DVD player)... Oppo is universal / Sherwood also universal, both are 110-240V:)

I stand corrected. MOST of the products from the US need conversion from 220 to 110 volts. Thanks Srini.

Cheers

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back