Samsung KS7000 - scratches on a new tv

sidlal

I recently purchased a Samsung 55 inch KS7000. It has great picture quality and is probably the best flat TV in Samsung's 2016 line up.

The packed TV comes with a large sticker on the left edge of the screen (if you stand facing it). When the sticker was removed, I noticed large scratches/blotches on the screen's surface covering the entire area under the sticker - about 6-8 inches wide and covering half the TV's height. Tried cleaning them but they were permanent.

I reported this to Samsung and they replaced the TV today with a new one after a long 1.5 months of repeated follow ups and numerous service engineer visits. However, what surprised me is that the new TV also has the same issue!! I pointed this out to the installers from Samsung and they tell me that I have to go through the whole process again of calling up the service centre and recording a new service request, followed by the engineer visits, etc. Lets hope I do not have to wait another 1.5 months before a resolution!

While I go about resolving my issue, wanted to report this on the forum for the benefit of those buying new Samsung TVs - please check that your screens also do not have these permanent scratches/blotches under the stickers that they put on the screen.

Tried with my iPhone camera but they are not visible in a pic.

There are numerous small blotches about 1-2mm in diameter covering the entire area where the sticker was - as though someone has put powder on the TV screen. They are only noticeable when the TV is off and you look at the screen up close.

Did not check the usage time but am pretty sure both were factory sealed pieces and were unboxed for the first time in front of me. The one I bought in July had a manufacturing date of July itself and the replacement I got today had a manufacturing date of August 2016.

Managed to get a picture of the scratches.... this was the case with both - the original piece I bought from the Samsung showroom as well as the replacement piece that came direct from the Company (both in factory sealed boxes). Been more than a month of constant follow ups with Samsung since I got the replacement but still no revert from them!

In case anyone else has purchased the Samsung KS7000, do check and let me know in case you have the same issue.

Attachments

• Samsung LED - KS7000.jpg
    Samsung LED - KS7000.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 121
looks like the sticker glue catches all the dust and stuff and accumulates overtime in storage and transportation and when it gets pressed against the screen every now and then it leaves scratches. Samsung seriously how dumb can you be.

Managed to get a picture of the scratches.... this was the case with both - the original piece I bought from the Samsung showroom as well as the replacement piece that came direct from the Company (both in factory sealed boxes). Been more than a month of constant follow ups with Samsung since I got the replacement but still no revert from them!

In case anyone else has purchased the Samsung KS7000, do check and let me know in case you have the same issue.

I had managed to wipe mine successfully through a lint free cloth. Please try the same for your case.

I had managed to wipe mine successfully through a lint free cloth. Please try the same for your case.

You're very lucky. That's the first thing I tried, then the service guys went another step - first with water and then with colin. However, they are permanent. Really dumb of Samsung to put these stickers! They have no utility, increase packaging costs and are also spoiling their otherwise wonderful TVs.

I really dont think a company like samsung is dumb. Are you guys sure you have brought in a sealed piece ? It is pretty much possible that you may have brought a demo piece? Which happened to me when i brought my samsung TV recently i only got a brand new sealed piece 3rd time. Its pretty much possible these days!!!

I really dont think a company like samsung is dumb. Are you guys sure you have brought in a sealed piece ? It is pretty much possible that you may have brought a demo piece? Which happened to me when i brought my samsung TV recently i only got a brand new sealed piece 3rd time. Its pretty much possible these days!!!

100% sure that both the pieces were factory sealed.

Update: So I got the 2nd replacement today after following up for the past 2 months. This was again a factory sealed piece and was accompanied by a Samsung-employee (and not their service rep HCL) technical team member... when they unpacked this TV it had the same issue!

I got this in 55" last month and found no such issues with marks or spots on the panel.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It is quite surprising for it to have the same issue the second time as well. I picked up my 55" panel last month and found no such issue with it. In fact, after reading your experience, I checked my panel again for any such thing but thankfully its all clean. May be there is something wrong with a particular batch of panels.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back