Samsung LAB650 OWNERS DISCUSSION, REVIEWS & OPINION

wats ther to control tis is less !!!!!!!!! cause of open forum ...i have done a things like two firmware im sharing my ideas.....see u yourself has posted in 3000 uk firmware some dlna options has rectified as my friend says.....im like now ROFL page 18 permalink #174 ....u yourself has told that and how cum now it cant be degraded ....seee if u have the sammy go firmware...put the screen shots and shows the options like other than fit and original ....Y IM ASKING THAT SCREEN SHOTS CAUSE EVEN SOME ONE WAS TELLING I CAN UPDATE THE 2004.1 VERSION OF UK SITE EVEN THE NEW AGE IS SAME SO THE ONLY OPTION MAKES THE DIFF IS THE PICTURE SIZE OPTIONS SO ....

wats ther to control tis is less !!!!!!!!! cause of open forum ...i have done a things like two firmware im sharing my ideas.....see u yourself has posted in 3000 uk firmware some dlna options has rectified as my friend says.....im like now ROFL page 18 permalink #174 ....u yourself has told that and how cum now it cant be degraded ....seee if u have the sammy go firmware...put the screen shots and shows the options like other than fit and original ....Y IM ASKING THAT SCREEN SHOTS CAUSE EVEN SOME ONE WAS TELLING I CAN UPDATE THE 2004.1 VERSION OF UK SITE EVEN THE NEW AGE IS SAME SO THE ONLY OPTION MAKES THE DIFF IS THE PICTURE SIZE OPTIONS SO ....

I didnt got you. Use comma, full stop and complete sentences.

What i got is: Do u need screenshots? already lots of there in other forums..??

@nikisha ....hmmm may be i wrong.ok then are u ready with the update of sammy go firmware, if so do the update. and get back here with the results. im so happy.

ya i want the screen shots y dont u make it on ur own from ur lcd and upload. and link the forum which has the screen shots.y dont u share it here so that people who all reading this thread has the easier link access and they can get to know who is speaking the truth . and who is playing the prank .

@nikisha ....hmmm may be i wrong.ok then are u ready with the update of sammy go firmware, if so do the update. and get back here with the results. im so happy.

ya i want the screen shots y dont u make it on ur own from ur lcd and upload. and link the forum which has the screen shots.y dont u share it here so that people who all reading this thread has the easier link access and they can get to know who is speaking the truth . and who is playing the prank .

Prank.....ok.
DID i told you to update anytime..??
forget man...If i post you will further tell...prove these are from yr LCD as there are enough available online.Further you may also say these are forged....
Do u think i am so stupid and I will do so just to prove one person?

There are already 5 people from india who have successfully done that boss..!!

Venkiiiiii, I would request you to use simple English properly punctuated with commas, full stops, and properly made sentences. Please stop using what to me looks like a SMS language. It is very difficult to read and one does not even understand what you are trying to say.

I would also request you to NOT lose your temper and use foul language even if it is hidden with '**'.

Cheers

I read through the whole thread and I have clearly seen Zabak being very patient and answering all the questions thrown at him.

It looks as if venkiiiiii had not followed the firmware up-gradations properly and burnt his TV twice. He ended up be using foul language in anger.

Zabak seems very excited by the Samsung TV and is expressing his happiness and his exploits with the TV. My only worry is that many people have said the TV does not have Digital Out (Optical or otherwise), while others swear it has. My question is - is Samsung selling multiple versions of the same TV in India with different I/Os?

Zabak, please bring back control to the thread. And do NOT, under any circumstances, provide any link to illegal and non-approved/non-official links for firmware.

Cheers

I read through the whole thread and I have clearly seen Zabak being very patient and answering all the questions thrown at him.

It looks as if venkiiiiii had not followed the firmware up-gradations properly and burnt his TV twice. He ended up be using foul language in anger.

Zabak seems very excited by the Samsung TV and is expressing his happiness and his exploits with the TV. My only worry is that many people have said the TV does not have Digital Out (Optical or otherwise), while others swear it has. My question is - is Samsung selling multiple versions of the same TV in India with different I/Os?

Zabak, please bring back control to the thread. And do NOT, under any circumstances, provide any link to illegal and non-approved/non-official links for firmware.

Cheers

I agree and will abide by rules. That is why I never gave full versions of software even if asked by anyone as it is against the rules.

Regarding multiple versions, yes I think samsung is doing.
Because :
1) As nikisha and myself have Optical out. but others are telling they dont have.

2) And may they have different panels in different variants. I have CN

I agree and will abide by rules. That is why I never gave full versions of software even if asked by anyone as it is against the rules.

Regarding multiple versions, yes I think samsung is doing.
Because :
1) As nikisha and myself have Optical out. but others are telling they dont have.

2) And may they have different panels in different variants. I have CN

Samsung does sell different panels in different regions.
They stand for region they belong.
Ideally speaking all in India should have CN - (China) unless dealer has imported from other region.

Has anyone played Console games like PS3, Xbox or Wii on B650 ??
I have a PS3 and performance is OK in Game mode, but not other modes.

Last edited:
Samsung does sell different panels in different regions.
They stand for region they belong.
Ideally speaking all in India should have CN - (China) unless dealer has imported from other region.

Has anyone played Console games like PS3, Xbox or Wii on B650 ??
I have a PS3 and performance is OK in Game mode, but not other modes.

I own a Nintendo WII.
tweaked it to play from HDD:yahoo:.
just luv it playing on B650!! amazing experience with wii.

@venkatcr....u were telling u have read the whole post. if u would cleanly noted he was telling u have not done anything wrong in the update.then how cum the tv burns.may be i would have done wrong on the first time.(but still no for the first time also i updated 3000 frm the uk site) AND HE WAS LIKE TELLING CAN NOT BE DOWNGRADED 3000 BUT ALSO ON THE SOME OTHER POST THE 3000 HAS IMPROVED THE WLAN FUNCTIONS AS MY FRIEND SAYS EVEN THAT I MENTIONED IN MY PREVIOUS POSTS THAT LOOK SICK . and now i upgraded the sammy go the same happened. im telling if ANY one other than the thread starter has done the update successfully i mean the sammy go one.then any one can blame me. abt the wrong i done during the update. IF U R LIKE OWNING A B650 Y DONT U UPDATE SAMMY GO ?????.!!!

@venkatcr....u were telling u have read the whole post. if u would cleanly noted he was telling u have not done anything wrong in the update.then how cum the tv burns.may be i would have done wrong on the first time.(but still no for the first time also i updated 3000 frm the uk site) AND HE WAS LIKE TELLING CAN NOT BE DOWNGRADED 3000 BUT ALSO ON THE SOME OTHER POST THE 3000 HAS IMPROVED THE WLAN FUNCTIONS AS MY FRIEND SAYS EVEN THAT I MENTIONED IN MY PREVIOUS POSTS THAT LOOK SICK . and now i upgraded the sammy go the same happened. im telling if ANY one other than the thread starter has done the update successfully i mean the sammy go one.then any one can blame me. abt the wrong i done during the update. IF U R LIKE OWNING A B650 Y DONT U UPDATE SAMMY GO ?????.!!!

Thank god you quoted right atleast. Yes I still maintain that
"CAN NOT BE DOWNGRADED 3000 & 3000 HAS IMPROVED THE WLAN FUNCTIONS AS MY FRIEND SAYS"

Did i told you I have 3000?
Yes 3000 in fact 3002.1 is latest has many improvements. Learn to Search Google boss !!!
and yes again 3000 has downgrade option disabled!!

@venkatcr....u were telling u have read the whole post....... if u would cleanly noted he was telling u have not done anything wrong in .......

Frankly venkiiii, learn to write English properly. I am tired of this SMS language of yours. I find it very hard to understand what you are saying and what your mood is. Believe me, if you continue writing in this manner, I will just ignore you.

Secondly, irrespective of what happens, you have no right to use foul words or curse anyone. If you do not understand what a member says, you can always correspond with him to get details. If you do not understand what he is saying, correspond again. If even that does not work, you can request other members to help you.

Since the solutions that Zabak propagated is working for others, it is clear you have not followed the threads properly. It is also possible you have NOT followed the sequence of updates properly. I am not a Samsung user, but I would expect people using Samsung TVs to understand what is being written.

Please remember, this is a public forum. No one is obligated to you. People do it because they learn a few things and want to help others. Ultimately how you implement the instructions and whether it works for you or not is YOUR responsibility. You CANNOT blame anyone nor can you curse anyone.

I would suggest you reset your TV to the original factory settings. Then write down the steps mentioned in this thread. Create a post mentioning the steps as per YOUR understanding. See if people confirm that or provide some corrections. Once that is cleared, follow those final instructions properly.

If you have issues with any member or are very sure that someone is giving wrong instructions, you should write to the moderator who will look into the issue and take appropriate action.

Cheers

Last edited:
I own a Nintendo WII.
tweaked it to play from HDD:yahoo:.
just luv it playing on B650!! amazing experience with wii.

Great . any thread in this forum on how you did that ??? please guide.

Are you like tweaking everything?:):clapping:

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I would like to ask for help, can anyone please provide me the location for the latest/best firmware for : LA40B650T1R?

my model is the one that does not have any optical audio output. (I thought this info might help because i know there are some LAxxB650 models who have optical audio output, therefore different firmware.

My current firmware is dated 20091023_2005. I've read that in this forum that a 3000.xx up version of firmware exists for this LCD? if that is so, how is the performance? was it better.

I did also find firmwares but instead of 2005, its numbered as 1003,1004.xx? now Im confused. what do I choose...2005 ver? 1004.x version? or 3000.xx version?

your help will be greatly appreciated!

Jon

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I would like to ask for help, can anyone please provide me the location for the latest/best firmware for : LA40B650T1R?

my model is the one that does not have any optical audio output. (I thought this info might help because i know there are some LAxxB650 models who have optical audio output, therefore different firmware.

My current firmware is dated 20091023_2005. I've read that in this forum that a 3000.xx up version of firmware exists for this LCD? if that is so, how is the performance? was it better.

I did also find firmwares but instead of 2005, its numbered as 1003,1004.xx? now Im confused. what do I choose...2005 ver? 1004.x version? or 3000.xx version?

your help will be greatly appreciated!

Jon

Do not update any firmware..What you have is latest. It requires very high skills to hack and install other...which may burn your lcd, with not many benefits from it.

I will advice go through all threads posted in this section and decide.

For internet@TV working some tweaking in service will be enough to work.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back