Samsung LAB650 OWNERS DISCUSSION, REVIEWS & OPINION

hi.i have bought a 40b650 yesterday.but every time after a cold start my lcd restarts after about 5 minutes.but it doesnt happens again.always afte a cold start.can u help me???

Your LCD is in SHOP (Hotel demo) mode. Ask the samsung technician only to change settings in service menu. Do not do yourselves.

u could have informed me regarding this is how i did !!!
u told its official and thats unofficial thats it !!!
and u were telling that even u have the same so i blindly opt the latest one ..once i asked u ...u were like thats the latest one u can go for it !!!
thats k leave it !!

u could have informed me regarding this is how i did !!!
u told its official and thats unofficial thats it !!!
and u were telling that even u have the same so i blindly opt the latest one ..once i asked u ...u were like thats the latest one u can go for it !!!
thats k leave it !!

I never told this is latest boss!!!

even a fool can tell whether 2004 is latest or 2005 is latest !!!!!

I never told I blindly went for it. I have spent hours reading service manual, contacting samsung, reading other forums and then I did update.

And this is open forum read post 191 of mine specially for you. I have said you should blindly go for 2005 !!!! and not 2004 hacked one.
that was your choice. OPEN FORUM BOSS. Anyone can read.

DONT CRY IN MY NAME!!!!!

Your LCD is in SHOP (Hotel demo) mode. Ask the samsung technician only to change settings in service menu. Do not do yourselves.

thanks you.but there is no samsung technician available here.if you can please tell me how can i fix it my self.thanks

KKK im not telling ur name at any cause....i was like telling that...the diff u made is u first updated the 1 link and then u updated the 2nd link...so that i could have also done that way ...little feelings that if i would have done like that it would have been k a...(an illusion feelings ) ..like that ...no worries...leave it...at any cause im not blaming u .....no prob...thats just a tv its not the life even my dad was like cooled ..he was also telling like that just a tv only...we wil make it...and btw if i cal the service person for the update of sammy go wil he do it ?

KKK im not telling ur name at any cause....i was like telling that...the diff u made is u first updated the 1 link and then u updated the 2nd link...so that i could have also done that way ...little feelings that if i would have done like that it would have been k a...(an illusion feelings ) ..like that ...no worries...leave it...at any cause im not blaming u .....no prob...thats just a tv its not the life even my dad was like cooled ..he was also telling like that just a tv only...we wil make it...and btw if i cal the service person for the update of sammy go wil he do it ?

Ok. May be i took it wrong. :)
yes he will update.
Ask him to download official update from samsung and update to 2005. No issues. And still if you have issues, yr LCD had a fault and samsung will be responsible to update it.

He will not update sammygo's firmware..never ask him to do so.

now he was telling sumthing a pcb board is ordered it has to be changed ...thats the board which connects the power board along the board of the cable wire hdmi wire all those where we connect that board y i even was updated the sammy go only for the full screen option and btw for the first time while i updated the 3000 frm the uk firmware wen i on it the tv wil be com with only backlight option but at that time i dint knw of trying the service menu option i meant like i tried but i pressed all together info ,menu ,mute and power ...seperately i dint press...but this time after update the red light is not in a stand mode just blinking going blinking going...even the tv automatically restarts... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE MORE THING CAN U TRY 2005 FIRMWARE AND THEN CAN U MAKE FOR THE SAMMY GO FIRMWARE UPDATE AND TEL THAT IN THAT WAY ATLEAST IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO...IF U UPDATE TO 2005 WIL IT SHOWS THE SAMMY GO FIRMWARE ALSO IN THE TV FOR THE RESTORE OR IT WIL GO..IF IT SHOWS I THINK NO USE OF UPDATING 2005 AND THEN TO 2004 CAUSE A BACKUP IS THERE ...UP TO MY CONCERN AND THE SCREEN SHOTS IM THINKING....

now he was telling sumthing a pcb board is ordered it has to be changed ...thats the board which connects the power board along the board of the cable wire hdmi wire all those where we connect that board y i even was updated the sammy go only for the full screen option and btw for the first time while i updated the 3000 frm the uk firmware wen i on it the tv wil be com with only backlight option but at that time i dint knw of trying the service menu option i meant like i tried but i pressed all together info ,menu ,mute and power ...seperately i dint press...but this time after update the red light is not in a stand mode just blinking going blinking going...even the tv automatically restarts... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE MORE THING CAN U TRY 2005 FIRMWARE AND THEN CAN U MAKE FOR THE SAMMY GO FIRMWARE UPDATE AND TEL THAT IN THAT WAY ATLEAST IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO...IF U UPDATE TO 2005 WIL IT SHOWS THE SAMMY GO FIRMWARE ALSO IN THE TV FOR THE RESTORE OR IT WIL GO..IF IT SHOWS I THINK NO USE OF UPDATING 2005 AND THEN TO 2004 CAUSE A BACKUP IS THERE ...UP TO MY CONCERN AND THE SCREEN SHOTS IM THINKING....

Its not so easy to make sammygo 2005 with original 2005 available. i do not do it and i dunno how to do it. Its an open source project and some advanced developers are doing it.

Take my advice:
Just plainly update to original 2005 samsung firmware.
Wait while developers update 2005 hacked one.
I will test it if available and let you know.

wil the developers comes with a new firmware kind for the full screen option with the 2005 are they developing any info ????? mainly i do looked for the full screen option only !! but disappointed !!.........and have u played around any options in service menu ??? and for internet@tv any options to make it work !!..and btw did u got the axara video converter or the cracked version or sumthing like that ??

Last edited:
wil the developers comes with a new firmware kind for the full screen option with the 2005 are they developing any info ????? mainly i do looked for the full screen option only !! but disappointed !!.........and have u played around any options in service menu ??? and for internet@tv any options to make it work !!

yes, widgets will work.
You have to change Tuner=Europe or any other in Service menu.
then widgets will work (Internet@tv with yahoo, twitter etc etc)
But cable tv and AV wont work. For this again change Tuner=ASIA_ATV

Again...when ever you use service menu, all yr lcd settings will be reset to defalt.

Dont ever try to change other things which you do not know.
For safer side write down default values somewhere for future reference so that you can revert anytime.

and for the video convertor axara u got it !!! r u using the cracked version or sumthing like that ?............and to be frank u r using the sammygo in ur lcd cause the service person who came frm samsung i explained him everything abt the video stretching option available in sammy go so i updated ..he is betting that u cant do this of updating the firmware...IS IT SURE U HAVING THE SAMMY GO ON UR LCD !! and any other way for stretching the screen by using the converters !! can u tel in that either way ?

Last edited:
and for the video convertor axara u got it !!! r u using the cracked version or sumthing like that ?............and to be frank u r using the sammygo in ur lcd cause the service person who came frm samsung i explained him everything abt the video stretching option available in sammy go so i updated ..he is betting that u cant do this of updating the firmware...IS IT SURE U HAVING THE SAMMY GO ON UR LCD !! and any other way for stretching the screen by using the converters !! can u tel in that either way ?

SamyGO, Samsung Firmware on the GO

Are these people fool??? ask your service person to visit above link.
And yes, I am using it.
Rest of the questions you can ask directly ask sammygo as he is the one who has dev it and not me.

An off topic message broadcast for our friends in Pune:

Samsung Plaza Dhole Patil road, Pune (near Ruby Hall Clinic) had stocks of B650 in case anyone is interested in buying. He quoted me 65K for 40" and 95K for 46". You may want to negotiate further on the rates.

he was like telling this to me so i asked....i dont know how u did it cause he showed a software update of 2005 official like the way i did the update completed and rebooted like a cake....and its done gud....then how cum sammy go is not possible ...how u did even i surprised ???????? cause before seeing the update done by the samsung person for his demo tv to show me cause my tv pcb has the prob .. i though i would have done some thing wrong abt the update but even he did the same how i did...only diff is the official firmware he updated and me the sammy go....

GUYS I WOULD DONT GO FOR THE FIRMWARE UPDATE OTHER THAN THE INDIAN SITE..SUCH AS UK AND HACKED ONE....I EXPERIENCED BOTH FIRMWARES FROM UK SITE AND ALSO THE HACKED ONE....THE LCD HAS THE PCB AT THE BACK IT WIL SURELY I BET 200% IT WIL GO AND IT COSTS AROUND 8K ...SAMSUNG PERSONS ASSURING IT DOESNT GO LIKE THE VOLTAGE PROBLEM CAUSE IT WORKS UNDER LOW VOLTAGE LIKE 5VOLT..ONLY A SOFTWARE UPDATE MAKES IT WORK OUT..http://forums.cnet.com/5208-13973_102-0.html?threadID=387924.....CHECK THE LINK SOME ONE UPDATED FROM INDIAN SITE AND NO ISSUES...AND FROM UK SITE MADE THE TV TO REEBOOT LIKE THE SAME HAPPENED TO MY TV......I THINK HERE SOME OF THE BLUFFERS AROUND PLAYING TO MAKE A UPDATE OF OTHER SITE AND TESTING FROM OUR LCD....MAY BE...CAUSE THE HACKED FIRMWARE SITES ARE ALSO NOT FROM INDIA SO IT SURELY WONT SUITS US AT ANY CONDITION....SO ITS ALL THAT U GUYS DECIDE THE REST ...AS I EXPERIENCED IM SHARING......

GUYS I WOULD DONT GO FOR THE FIRMWARE UPDATE OTHER THAN THE INDIAN SITE..SUCH AS UK AND HACKED ONE....I EXPERIENCED BOTH FIRMWARES FROM UK SITE AND ALSO THE HACKED ONE....THE LCD HAS THE PCB AT THE BACK IT WIL SURELY I BET 200% IT WIL GO AND IT COSTS AROUND 8K ...SAMSUNG PERSONS ASSURING IT DOESNT GO LIKE THE VOLTAGE PROBLEM CAUSE IT WORKS UNDER LOW VOLTAGE LIKE 5VOLT..ONLY A SOFTWARE UPDATE MAKES IT WORK OUT..http://forums.cnet.com/5208-13973_102-0.html?threadID=387924.....CHECK THE LINK SOME ONE UPDATED FROM INDIAN SITE AND NO ISSUES...AND FROM UK SITE MADE THE TV TO REEBOOT LIKE THE SAME HAPPENED TO MY TV......I THINK HERE SOME OF THE BLUFFERS AROUND PLAYING TO MAKE A UPDATE OF OTHER SITE AND TESTING FROM OUR LCD....MAY BE...CAUSE THE HACKED FIRMWARE SITES ARE ALSO NOT FROM INDIA SO IT SURELY WONT SUITS US AT ANY CONDITION....SO ITS ALL THAT U GUYS DECIDE THE REST ...AS I EXPERIENCED IM SHARING......

thanks for sharing. But I am able to use Uk 2004.1.
I have never tried sammygo one.

hmmmm actually i even tried with the uk latest firmware of 3000 but it dint work...and also the sammy go that too dint work.........so after updating did u played sum thing around the service menu to tv get worked ?....cause wat i heard frm the service persons r the voltage of uk and ours diff so u cant use !!! but im wondering how it worked.....!!!!!!!!!see now if u dare try updating 3000 from uk and tel me if it works !!!!!!!! or also sammy go and tel if it works !!! any one any one im ready to do any thing !!! this is a open statement !!!! i assure !!!! who else who can give a open statement like this !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmm actually i even tried with the uk latest firmware of 3000 but it dint work...and also the sammy go that too dint work.........so after updating did u played sum thing around the service menu to tv get worked ?....cause wat i heard frm the service persons r the voltage of uk and ours diff so u cant use !!! but im wondering how it worked.....!!!!!!!!!see now if u dare try updating 3000 from uk and tel me if it works !!!!!!!! or also sammy go and tel if it works !!! any one any one im ready to do any thing !!! this is a open statement !!!! i assure !!!! who elso who the F**k can give a open statement like this !!!

control yr language dear!.

Who told you to update 3000 from Uk..it does not work and cannot be downgraded. It is a know fact.

PLEASE DONT MISGUIDE OR ASK ANYONE TO DO SO!!!

3000 - does not work
2004.1, 2002 from UK will work if you change in service menu.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back