Samsung NU7470 Strange Issue

thekorngear

Hi all,
First, my apologies if rips are not allowed to be discussed here. My NU7470 cannot play the NETFLIX Rips (both 1080p and 720p) properly. There are intermittent stutters, frame drops etc. It all started with Enola Holmes NF rip back in October. But then the recent Korean The Call NF rip shows the exact same problems. Other rips for same movie play just fine (named just WebRip). Hulu, 1080p Bluray rips play just fine. Is it coincidental, or is there a problem? Before Enola Holmes all the NF rips played just fine.

Hi all,
First, my apologies if rips are not allowed to be discussed here. My NU7470 cannot play the NETFLIX Rips (both 1080p and 720p) properly. There are intermittent stutters, frame drops etc. It all started with Enola Holmes NF rip back in October. But then the recent Korean The Call NF rip shows the exact same problems. Other rips for same movie play just fine (named just WebRip). Hulu, 1080p Bluray rips play just fine. Is it coincidental, or is there a problem? Before Enola Holmes all the NF rips played just fine.
Use Plex and it will solve all your issues. Most of the movie formats refuse to play due to encoding codec (H.265 for example) or due to higher level encoding. H.265 at L5 will be noticeably harder to play than L4 for example. Since these newer formats are much more efficient and take lower size, more and more rips will get encoded in these.

If you don't want to bother with transcoding on your PC, I recommend setting up a plex server and playing through plex client on your TV. If Plex determines your hardware can't play the format, it transcodes the video to simple H.264 in real-time and lets you play basically anything.

Another solution is to get something like Mi Box 4k and attach your HDD to that.

@lightgamer
I have a bit of an update. I found out all the previous Netflix Rips that were released before and were played without any hiccups are now showing the exact phenomena described above. Could it be possible that a recent software update might have broke this?

@lightgamer
I have a bit of an update. I found out all the previous Netflix Rips that were released before and were played without any hiccups are now showing the exact phenomena described above. Could it be possible that a recent software update might have broke this?
Can't say for sure. You'll need some sort of debug info to figure out if it's decoding in hardware or not.

Again, please try Plex. That will give you all the info you need.

@lightgamer sure. It is just that Plex seemed to very resource hungry on my previous laptop. My current laptop is a Swift 3 core i5 8th gen (Kaby Lake Refresh) with 8GB RAM which already is about to become a 3 year old one. I have not installed Plex on this machine before...

@lightgamer sure. It is just that Plex seemed to very resource hungry on my previous laptop. My current laptop is a Swift 3 core i5 8th gen (Kaby Lake Refresh) with 8GB RAM which already is about to become a 3 year old one. I have not installed Plex on this machine before...
Use Direct Play on your Pixel Client (Here your TV), this way Pixel Server won't perform any transcoding which is damn resource hungry.

You ideally want a good desktop for it, but your laptop should be fine.
Use Direct Play on your Pixel Client (Here your TV), this way Pixel Server won't perform any transcoding which is damn resource hungry.
The problem he has is that his TV can't play some files. Plex client will automatically direct play most content it can anyway. But for the ones he can't, it will transcode it in real-time and hence allow his TV to play it.

Sorry to drag my old thread back because I have an interesting solution to the problem described above.
Just to make a bit of summary: any Netflix rips or Webrips that have been released after 2019 would not run properly [repeated glitches both vid/audio] on my 43" NU7370. The solid workaround (and still best IMHO) as described by others was using Plex. At first I was a bit hesitant as the experience with Plex on my previous Laptop PC was not good. However, on my current Laptop Plex is very cool and plenty useful to play any kind of media off the PC to the TV. It behaves just fine with both my PC and on my TV.
Now, here is the stranger solution which was pure accident: for quite a while, I have been using Avidemux to cut/trim a video file which never has issues being played on my TV. From that idea, I have cut first few seconds off the start of a movie and the last few minutes (the end credits) from the end. And voila! It runs just fine. I have seen the options that are used on Avidemux: Video: Copy, Audio: Copy, Video Decoder: LavCodec: DXVA2. I never touch the configure tabs as the app is quick and efficient enough to give what I want.
Can anyone tell me why a movie file [that has obvious reasons as @lightgamer pointed out] that refuses to play on a TV is now all on a sudden playing just fine after just a little bit of chop-off? 😄
Edit: There is one sacrifice though: the built-in subtitle does not work at all.

Last edited:
Sorry to drag my old thread back because I have an interesting solution to the problem described above.
Just to make a bit of summary: any Netflix rips or Webrips that have been released after 2019 would not run properly [repeated glitches both vid/audio] on my 43" NU7370. The solid workaround (and still best IMHO) as described by others was using Plex. At first I was a bit hesitant as the experience with Plex on my previous Laptop PC was not good. However, on my current Laptop Plex is very cool and plenty useful to play any kind of media off the PC to the TV. It behaves just fine with both my PC and on my TV.
Now, here is the stranger solution which was pure accident: for quite a while, I have been using Avidemux to cut/trim a video file which never has issues being played on my TV. From that idea, I have cut first few seconds off the start of a movie and the last few minutes (the end credits) from the end. And voila! It runs just fine. I have seen the options that are used on Avidemux: Video: Copy, Audio: Copy, Video Decoder: LavCodec: DXVA2. I never touch the configure tabs as the app is quick and efficient enough to give what I want.
Can anyone tell me why a movie file [that has obvious reasons as @lightgamer pointed out] that refuses to play on a TV is now all on a sudden playing just fine after just a little bit of chop-off? 😄
Edit: There is one sacrifice though: the built-in subtitle does not work at all.
You are transcoding the file into another format I believe which you can play on the TV.

The reason subtitles aren’t working is probably because they are not getting copied through.

It’s not the same video file anymore. Also you can do the same using Staxrip or handbrake or ffmpeg too and they will support even more formats.

Just use Plex. It’s a less destructive way to play these.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back