Samsung Panel replacement vs Sony 55" vs Vu 65"

Thanks for the suggestion. So if I understand you correctly none of the Sonys (including the 9500G) can upscale well. I was under the impression that Sony with its best processor will be better than competition when it comes to upscaling. Also is there any function that has to be enabled for upscaling or is all the content automatically upscaled ?

We use Tata sky HD+ box only and are viewing of SD channels will be minimum.
You should be fine as long as you are around 8-9 feet away from the tv. Up scaling is always on by default. And yes, Sony is better than most others when it comes to up scaling.

Thanks for the suggestion. So if I understand you correctly none of the Sonys (including the 9500G) can upscale well. I was under the impression that Sony with its best processor will be better than competition when it comes to upscaling. Also is there any function that has to be enabled for upscaling or is all the content automatically upscaled ?

We use Tata sky HD+ box only and are viewing of SD channels will be minimum.

Purely with regards to upscaled PQ, I wasn’t happy with the x9500g as well.

Just look at the grass in cricket or football matches. It is not supposed to be blurred, especially in Full HD. For normal movies/ serials, look at the face outlines. It is supposed to be sharp and not blurry, again.

Purely with regards to upscaled PQ, I wasn’t happy with the x9500g as well.

Just look at the grass in cricket or football matches. It is not supposed to be blurred, especially in Full HD. For normal movies/ serials, look at the face outlines. It is supposed to be sharp and not blurry, again.

Gosh....even the 9500G is not good enough ? . I find it amusing on how the entire country is buying budget brands such as Vu/Hisense, Mi etc. and raving about the PQ and features that these below 50k LED offer and here I am failing to identify a high PQ Sony LED !!. May be my expectations are all wrong here. I am reaching a point wherein I am thinking of compromising - saving some money and just buying the 55"' 8000H as I do not find the 8000H worth spending more for a 65".....the pixelation and roughness will just be morvisiblele on a bigger screen. Though I know that there will be no thrill factor in 8000H. It will just act as am apple to apple replacement for my 3.5 year old damaged Samsung.

But what I find confusing is that hardly any reviews really point out the shortcoming in the PQ of 8000H and that is why I begin to doubt my own analysis of this model.

May be I will try another store visit to triple check on the 8000H PQ. Will keep you posted.

Ideally the 9500G as it is the nearest to a OLED/QLED performance at a significantly lesser price.

Ideally the 9500G as it is the nearest to a OLED/QLED performance at a significantly lesser price.
Sony 9500 is QLED.Its just that sony doesn't advertise like Samsung.Also its not significantly cheaper than LG OLED or Samsung QLED.All top 3 TVs are in 10-15K range with each other

Gosh....even the 9500G is not good enough ? . I find it amusing on how the entire country is buying budget brands such as Vu/Hisense, Mi etc. and raving about the PQ and features that these below 50k LED offer and here I am failing to identify a high PQ Sony LED !!. May be my expectations are all wrong here. I am reaching a point wherein I am thinking of compromising - saving some money and just buying the 55"' 8000H as I do not find the 8000H worth spending more for a 65".....the pixelation and roughness will just be morvisiblele on a bigger screen. Though I know that there will be no thrill factor in 8000H. It will just act as am apple to apple replacement for my 3.5 year old damaged Samsung.

But what I find confusing is that hardly any reviews really point out the shortcoming in the PQ of 8000H and that is why I begin to doubt my own analysis of this model.

May be I will try another store visit to triple check on the 8000H PQ. Will keep you posted.

For DTH upscaling, x9500g is definitely not good. Otherwise it is a good TV for OTT content.

Don’t get even a 55 if you’re not happy. Check the other brands. If they can upscale better get those. Brand names mean nothing when the PQ is not as per your requirements.

So I guess now it boils down mostly to the price point. On my third demo of the 8000H a short while back I can say again that I am not impressed at all. I just felt it is obsolete - offering just a burst of colors with no refiness/softness, lack of clarity ...basically no wow factor. But then may the PQ is a trade off with the price. Below are the shortlisted models with the approx price point for me:

Sony 8000H 55" 65000
Sony 8000H 65" 1,05,000
Sony 9500G 55" 90,000
Sony 9500G 65" 1,35,000
LG C9 55" (Demo piece with 3k hours done) 1,05,000
Samsung Q70 55" 1,30,000

The LG and Samsung came as a surprise choice after today's visit to the store. I am apprehensive of the LG due to 3k hours already done on the Demo piece ? Also the Samsung's QLED quality is just bit more superior to the 65" Sony 9500G. So for near sale price I get a much bigger tv ?

Basis the above figures what do you think is a sensible purchase ?

Thanks for the continuous inputs and advise.

For DTH upscaling, x9500g is definitely not good. Otherwise it is a good TV for OTT content.

Don’t get even a 55 if you’re not happy. Check the other brands. If they can upscale better get those. Brand names mean nothing when the PQ is not as per your requirements.

Thanks for the advise...but at the price point I have not figured out any LED that offers a significantly bettwr upscaling. Any suggestions in this regard ? My DTH viewing will be limited to 25% -30%. Please also see my other reply on the shortlisted models and proce point and comment. Thanks again.

So I guess now it boils down mostly to the price point. On my third demo of the 8000H a short while back I can say again that I am not impressed at all. I just felt it is obsolete - offering just a burst of colors with no refiness/softness, lack of clarity ...basically no wow factor. But then may the PQ is a trade off with the price. Below are the shortlisted models with the approx price point for me:

Sony 8000H 55" 65000
Sony 8000H 65" 1,05,000
Sony 9500G 55" 90,000
Sony 9500G 65" 1,35,000
Samsung Q70 55" 1,30,000

The LG and Samsung came as a surprise choice after today's visit to the store. I am apprehensive of the LG due to 3k hours already done on the Demo piece ? Also the Samsung's QLED quality is just bit more superior to the 65" Sony 9500G. So for near sale price I get a much bigger tv ?

I think 55Q70R for 1.3L is a mistake since its listed for 94k on RD website (it must be 55Q80R or 65Q70R, check again)

If you want a tv under 1 lac, go for Sony X950G without hesitation. There is no tv that can match the picture quality/upscaling in that price range. No doubt C9 is tremendous but you'll always have a fear of burn-in the back of your head. X950G will definitely out last C9 irrespective of your viewing habits unless it has any accidental/technical issues.

X800H is an IPS panel and you will never get the same pop that you do from VA panels no matter how good the processing is.

I feel like X950G is the only choice/option and a very good one at that. I dont think you'll regret.

Cheers

Sony 8000H 55" 65000
Sony 8000H 65" 1,05,000
Sony 9500G 55" 90,000
Sony 9500G 65" 1,35,000
Samsung Q70 55" 1,30,000

Sony x95g 65 inch for 135000? It is very good pricing from where did you get it ? Go for 65 inch x950g. 65 inch makes huge difference when compared to 55. So whatever difference (i personally dont think there is much) you feel is between q70 and x95g, that will be well compensated by the extra ten inches.

Sony 8000H 55" 65000
Sony 8000H 65" 1,05,000
Sony 9500G 55" 90,000
Sony 9500G 65" 1,35,000
Samsung Q70 55" 1,30,000

Demo piece oled? Nope. Never. BAD idea. Specially when a new one is available for just 15k more. 1.35 for a 65950g is an excellent price. I would have gone for that. Remember, always get the biggest size you can get and there are only a few models which beat 950G.

Sony x95g 65 inch for 135000? It is very good pricing from where did you get it ? Go for 65 inch x950g. 65 inch makes huge difference when compared to 55. So whatever difference (i personally dont think there is much) you feel is between q70 and x95g, that will be well compensated by the extra ten inches.
Thanks. I have some very old store credit that I need to use ASAP...hence the reduced prices for Sony :)

Demo piece oled? Nope. Never. BAD idea. Specially when a new one is available for just 15k more. 1.35 for a 65950g is an excellent price. I would have gone for that. Remember, always get the biggest size you can get and there are only a few models which beat 950G.
Thanks...so it is 9500G then. I just need to see whether I can stretch to a 65" or settle for the 55". I agree that at a significantly lower price point I am getting a near OLED quality.

The 8000H will definitely be a big step down from what I was ideally looking for.

It just struck me as to why am I not considering the Samsung Frame. It is Qled ...the 65" is around 1.35L and the 55" below 1L. Am I missing out anything here ? How does it match against the Sony 9500G. If I were to disregard my Sony store credit then the Frame ramge is significantly cheaper than the 8500G range.

I will try and search on this forum for any comparisons between these 2 ranges. In case you have any reviews or links to share then please do let me know as well. Thanks

It just struck me as to why am I not considering the Samsung Frame. It is Qled ...the 65" is around 1.35L and the 55" below 1L. Am I missing out anything here ? How does it match against the Sony 9500G. If I were to disregard my Sony store credit then the Frame ramge is significantly cheaper than the 8500G range.

I will try and search on this forum for any comparisons between these 2 ranges. In case you have any reviews or links to share then please do let me know as well. Thanks
Frame is good but having an edge lit panel and considerably lower peak brightness, it's inferior to 950G. While it does cover up a little due to its brilliant contrast ratio, it loses again at upscaling.

Thanks for the advise...but at the price point I have not figured out any LED that offers a significantly bettwr upscaling. Any suggestions in this regard ? My DTH viewing will be limited to 25% -30%. Please also see my other reply on the shortlisted models and proce point and comment. Thanks again.
Check other TV’s. If you don’t see any difference, stick to the x9500g.

It is definitely the best amongst the Sony LCD lineup. So other than DTH upscaling, everything else will be good.

Frame is good but having an edge lit panel and considerably lower peak brightness, it's inferior to 950G. While it does cover up a little due to its brilliant contrast ratio, it loses again at upscaling.
DTH upscaling remains more or less the same in all the flagships of the lg sony and samsung because there is not much bits for any tv to work with while upscaling DTH 720p. Frame is edgelit with decent peak brightness. Samsung frame is a edge lit tv with peak brightness around 550 nits comparable to sony x80h. Whereas sony x950g is FALD with 1000 nits. No doubt frame has brilliant native contrast ratio on paper which is double than that of x950g but how it will reflect in PQ is questionable because of being edge lit. In day with proper lighting in surrounding both will look equally good. If you watch movies in night with lights off, then in dark scenes samsung frame will give you light bleeding and because of this blacks may also appear grey as compared to the sony. Stay away from edgelits.

Demo piece OLED is worth only when you are purchasing it by kilo

Most of the budget brands compromise on 60HZ panel, peak brightness and Upscaler. 4K content directly streamed from Netflix/Prime/YT etc look good on these TVs and so why most of the people are happy about these TVs. Imagine you get a 65inch TV at 50K while similar in big 3 brands is like 1-1.5L.

VU has somehwat decent upscaler but it works only through its USB port and while upscaling OTT content. Many people have DTH connection hooked up to HDMI and no to very little upscaling happens and thus we get hideous picture.

VU Ultra 65inch has VA panel with DLED and peak brightness of around 450 nits. For many this is more than sufficient, especially when LG and Samsung in this range have 300-350 nits. For real HDR the brightness should peak at 1000nits which is impossible in such budget range TVs. Also, the such brightness is required for split second and in some area of the screen so is it really important is another question.

I am using Panasonic plasma since last 10 years without a single issue and I wonder if any LED TV can match the contrast the blacks of my plasma. OLED is still out of reach for me and given these days panel is good only for 3-4 years, I dont know if it makes sense to invest so much of money on a panel which I see 1-2 hrs at max everyday.

Found this thread after actually buying sony 55 7500h which was quite an impulsive decision tbh backed up by lucrative offers on independence sale.
I was actually researching and looking for a good 55inch tv up to 60k since past few days, but final call was struck between budget and value offered, so day before yesterday i just walked into a store keeping in mind the offers which usually are around in the sale period, the sale executive told me that this 7500h 55inch sony tv is on special price today 66k (take it or leave it deal ,also a deal which he confidently told no one could match) from the original price of around 80k , the cash back was 6k on hdfc so it was a 60k deal
Told him to get me a deal for 63k , he told me that he will have to get approval for the same , waited for a while and got the approval , so zeroed on 63k less 6k cashback, so basically got the TV for 57k (also no cost emi 9months) , leaving behind all the research and comparisons done earlier , just bought it thinking sony tv will eventually do justice for the price paid.
I too wanted the TV for the sole purpose of watching OTT contents , and now with delivery still awaited you have created quite a confusion in my mind raising questions on absence of dolby vision.
You have mentioned the deal you got for 55-7500h was 65K after Sony credits of around 35% on MRP , if this is what it is then i guess you should look for better deals and perhaps ill just settle my self with the idea that i can manage without Dolby vision for the given price :p.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back