Samsung Panel replacement vs Sony 55" vs Vu 65"

Found this thread after actually buying sony 55 7500h which was quite an impulsive decision tbh backed up by lucrative offers on independence sale.
I was actually researching and looking for a good 55inch tv up to 60k since past few days, but final call was struck between budget and value offered, so day before yesterday i just walked into a store keeping in mind the offers which usually are around in the sale period, the sale executive told me that this 7500h 55inch sony tv is on special price today 66k (take it or leave it deal ,also a deal which he confidently told no one could match) from the original price of around 80k , the cash back was 6k on hdfc so it was a 60k deal
Told him to get me a deal for 63k , he told me that he will have to get approval for the same , waited for a while and got the approval , so zeroed on 63k less 6k cashback, so basically got the TV for 57k (also no cost emi 9months) , leaving behind all the research and comparisons done earlier , just bought it thinking sony tv will eventually do justice for the price paid.
I too wanted the TV for the sole purpose of watching OTT contents , and now with delivery still awaited you have created quite a confusion in my mind raising questions on absence of dolby vision.
You have mentioned the deal you got for 55-7500h was 65K after Sony credits of around 35% on MRP , if this is what it is then i guess you should look for better deals and perhaps ill just settle my self with the idea that i can manage without Dolby vision for the given price :p.
That's a great price for x7500h, I'm sure you wouldn't get anything better below 60k from the major 3.

First, apologies for not being active on this thread for past few days as work and some TV developments kept me awfully busy.

So the good news is that I have miracliously been able to sell my damaged Samsung 4K 55" for a very good price. Thereafter, I nearly placed the order for the 95G 55" only to hold on to it as last week i read about the launch of the 9000H. I was immediately tempted to have a future proof 9000H with HDMi 2.1 though I don't game for now but my 6 year old son might enjoy the PS5 next year or so. Also on a comparision of the specs (on paper) the only main draw back of the 9000H is the processor X1 4k HDR vs the X1 Uktimate on the 95G. Long story short, I went and it checked out the 9000H (55")at Sony Center and compared it side by side to the 95G (65"). Personally I could not see any difference in the PQ of both TVs (on Tata Sky HD and 4k content through YouTube). In fact I found the PQ of the 9000H marginally cleaner but then the store manager told me that it was due to the size 65" 95G that I was watching from a closer distance (7/8 feet).

I also managed to contact a senior technical expert at Sony and his view was that there is hardly any difference in PQ betwen the 2 models and the processor will not really hamper the PQ. He also advised that to give myself the future proof angle in case I game on PS5 or the 2.1 set top boxes when launched, the 9000H will be a better buy.

I will be confirming my order tomorrow evening but I am a bit confused in the size - 55 vs 65 inches. My maximum viewing distance will be 12-13 feet (till the bed headrest) and at times I may also watch the Tv from 7 feet (from my wing chair). I think that the 65"s PQ will definitely not be so clear from 7 feet and i will have to alway watch it from my bed to get the min viewing ditance of 12 feet. I am also not sure whether 12 feet is sufficient viewing distance for 65". The last thing that inwant is pixelated videos ! My friends and family think that 65" is an over kill for a bedroom TV. Also i was worried on seeing the images pixelate at the Sony Center on the 65" 95G when viewing ot from 7/8 feet. What is your advise on the size ?

Secondly, as part of my annoying continuous research on Youtube I came across this famous blogger (Quantum TV) who was very harsh in his review of the 9000H and complaint continuously about "banding" issues on this TV. I had to check what banding means and I do not recollect seeing any banding on my demo of the 55" 9000H. I feel that I am further confusing myself by watching these endless video reviews from bloggers as may be they are or meant from professional calibrators type viewer sand those who can really find a needle in a haystack :). Some reviews also spoke about the 9000H being a downgraded TV as it has a lower processor and several custom settings missing compared to its predecessors. Again I am not sure whether these misses will really spoil my viewing experience.

What do you guys think ? Any last thoughts as I will be placing my order in next few hours. Thanks

First, apologies for not being active on this thread for past few days as work and some TV developments kept me awfully busy.

So the good news is that I have miracliously been able to sell my damaged Samsung 4K 55" for a very good price. Thereafter, I nearly placed the order for the 95G 55" only to hold on to it as last week i read about the launch of the 9000H. I was immediately tempted to have a future proof 9000H with HDMi 2.1 though I don't game for now but my 6 year old son might enjoy the PS5 next year or so. Also on a comparision of the specs (on paper) the only main draw back of the 9000H is the processor X1 4k HDR vs the X1 Uktimate on the 95G. Long story short, I went and it checked out the 9000H (55")at Sony Center and compared it side by side to the 95G (65"). Personally I could not see any difference in the PQ of both TVs (on Tata Sky HD and 4k content through YouTube). In fact I found the PQ of the 9000H marginally cleaner but then the store manager told me that it was due to the size 65" 95G that I was watching from a closer distance (7/8 feet).

I also managed to contact a senior technical expert at Sony and his view was that there is hardly any difference in PQ betwen the 2 models and the processor will not really hamper the PQ. He also advised that to give myself the future proof angle in case I game on PS5 or the 2.1 set top boxes when launched, the 9000H will be a better buy.

I will be confirming my order tomorrow evening but I am a bit confused in the size - 55 vs 65 inches. My maximum viewing distance will be 12-13 feet (till the bed headrest) and at times I may also watch the Tv from 7 feet (from my wing chair). I think that the 65"s PQ will definitely not be so clear from 7 feet and i will have to alway watch it from my bed to get the min viewing ditance of 12 feet. I am also not sure whether 12 feet is sufficient viewing distance for 65". The last thing that inwant is pixelated videos ! My friends and family think that 65" is an over kill for a bedroom TV. Also i was worried on seeing the images pixelate at the Sony Center on the 65" 95G when viewing ot from 7/8 feet. What is your advise on the size ?

Secondly, as part of my annoying continuous research on Youtube I came across this famous blogger (Quantum TV) who was very harsh in his review of the 9000H and complaint continuously about "banding" issues on this TV. I had to check what banding means and I do not recollect seeing any banding on my demo of the 55" 9000H. I feel that I am further confusing myself by watching these endless video reviews from bloggers as may be they are or meant from professional calibrators type viewer sand those who can really find a needle in a haystack :). Some reviews also spoke about the 9000H being a downgraded TV as it has a lower processor and several custom settings missing compared to its predecessors. Again I am not sure whether these misses will really spoil my viewing experience.

What do you guys think ? Any last thoughts as I will be placing my order in next few hours. Thanks
I have a 65 inch C9 in my bedroom and the viewing distance is around 10 feet. I do not feel it is too big and I won't mind even a bigger tv at this distance. Watching 1080p and 4k videos without any pixelation. Not sure about DTH though.

Demo piece OLED is worth only when you are purchasing it by kilo
If it’s like 40 percent off it’s worth it. Anyway your tv tech will outdate mostly before the life of it ends if you are an enthusiast;) so mostly before 5 years you will start thinking of a newer thing even if it hasn’t reached the end of its life.

Found this thread after actually buying sony 55 7500h which was quite an impulsive decision tbh backed up by lucrative offers on independence sale.
I was actually researching and looking for a good 55inch tv up to 60k since past few days, but final call was struck between budget and value offered, so day before yesterday i just walked into a store keeping in mind the offers which usually are around in the sale period, the sale executive told me that this 7500h 55inch sony tv is on special price today 66k (take it or leave it deal ,also a deal which he confidently told no one could match) from the original price of around 80k , the cash back was 6k on hdfc so it was a 60k deal
Told him to get me a deal for 63k , he told me that he will have to get approval for the same , waited for a while and got the approval , so zeroed on 63k less 6k cashback, so basically got the TV for 57k (also no cost emi 9months) , leaving behind all the research and comparisons done earlier , just bought it thinking sony tv will eventually do justice for the price paid.
I too wanted the TV for the sole purpose of watching OTT contents , and now with delivery still awaited you have created quite a confusion in my mind raising questions on absence of dolby vision.
You have mentioned the deal you got for 55-7500h was 65K after Sony credits of around 35% on MRP , if this is what it is then i guess you should look for better deals and perhaps ill just settle my self with the idea that i can manage without Dolby vision for the given price :p.

I am thinking of a 55" 7500H as well.
Which store was this?
and how is the PQ and SD(DTH) channel up-scaling?

First of all ignore Quantum TV, he is one of the worst TV reviewers on YT. Secondly, I think you cant go wrong with either of them. Just buy whichever's cheaper and use the extra cash to upgrade your warranty.
Also, if you dont mind sharing, what was the final quote for 55 inch X900H?

First of all ignore Quantum TV, he is one of the worst TV reviewers on YT. Secondly, I think you cant go wrong with either of them. Just buy whichever's cheaper and use the extra cash to upgrade your warranty.
Also, if you dont mind sharing, what was the final quote for 55 inch X900H?
Thanks, I had another look at the 9000H (both 55 and 65) today morning. I felt that the 55 inch was a bit clearer from a viewing distance of 9-10 feet. The 65" somehow lacked the refinement. May be it just my mind telling me to save the money.

As for the quote, i have a different scenario. I have a credit note that I have to use. But you can get the 9000H for approx 1L....which I think is a good price.

Thanks, I had another look at the 9000H (both 55 and 65) today morning. I felt that the 55 inch was a bit clearer from a viewing distance of 9-10 feet. The 65" somehow lacked the refinement. May be it just my mind telling me to save the money.

As for the quote, i have a different scenario. I have a credit note that I have to use. But you can get the 9000H for approx 1L....which I think is a good price.

Thanks man, I will be getting the X900H this Diwali.

And for your use case, I think 55 inch will be more than enough since its for a bedroom, save that cash and spend on extra warranty or a soundbar. You cant imagine the peace of mind that comes with a 4-5 year full warranty.

If it’s like 40 percent off it’s worth it. Anyway your tv tech will outdate mostly before the life of it ends if you are an enthusiast;) so mostly before 5 years you will start thinking of a newer thing even if it hasn’t reached the end of its life.
Actually Demo Piece for OLED is not at all a good idea.A year old OLED will be used at least 3000+hrs already. Even after daily normal use of 4-5 hrs.you can start seeing burn-in in 2-3 years.So IMO its not worth.

Actually Demo Piece for OLED is not at all a good idea.A year old OLED will be used at least 3000+hrs already. Even after daily normal use of 4-5 hrs.you can start seeing burn-in in 2-3 years.So IMO its not worth.
Are you sure that its always true that burn in will come always after 2-3 years ?

Yo, he got the TV. Last seen 20th aug. He'll be seen in 4-5 years now :p Just jump on my thread, I just posted some observations today about the 7500H.
Infamous - I have not yet received the TV but yes i have placed my order for the Sony 950G 55". So you may still see a few posts from me before I disappear for 4-5 years :)

Just to bring everyone who has advised and supported me here - after much (much much) deliberation I chose the 950G over the 900H as my primary use is OTT content (including HDR, Dolby Vision etc.); high quality streaming on Youtube and some HD channels on DTH. The gaming may or may not happen in 2021. Therefore considering my present usage I decided to go forthe superior panel, procesor, local diming, contrast etc. Not that the 9000H offers considerably lower quality but basis my 4-5 live side by side comparisons somewhere I felt that yhe 950G was a bit better in terms of picture quality to my eyes. I am just going with my gut feel and the clear adviss proivded on this forum. Let us hope for the best.

I expect the TV to be delivered by the weekend. I will share my experience after a few weeks of use. Cheers

Are you sure that its always true that burn in will come always after 2-3 years ?
Its not about number of years.Its about number of hours.rtings has done a test on C7 which started showing the burn-in effects after 5000hrs.Now even if assume C9 is better and burn-in will occur after 6000-7000 hrs.You are already buying tv with 3000+ hrs to start.If someone watches for 6 hrs then easily total hrs will cross 7000 in less than 2 years.

Also most showrooms are well lit so I assume they must be keeping the brightness of OLED at max.which again increases chances of burn-in.

Its not about number of years.Its about number of hours.rtings has done a test on C7 which started showing the burn-in effects after 5000hrs.Now even if assume C9 is better and burn-in will occur after 6000-7000 hrs.You are already buying tv with 3000+ hrs to start.If someone watches for 6 hrs then easily total hrs will cross 7000 in less than 2 years.

Also most showrooms are well lit so I assume they must be keeping the brightness of OLED at max.which again increases chances of burn-in.
But rtings TVs played static content a lot. They had one TV which played a channel with varying content and there was only burn in of the channel logo.
I'm assuming showrooms don't really play a whole lot of static content.
Still, agree with you that buying demo TV is a bad idea.

But rtings TVs played static content a lot. They had one TV which played a channel with varying content and there was only burn in of the channel logo.
I'm assuming showrooms don't really play a whole lot of static content.
Still, agree with you that buying demo TV is a bad idea.
Yes its 5000hrs of static content.Yes i agree showrooms might be playing other content also.But still its a big risk

Quick update. Reveived my 950G 55" today evening by 6 pm followed by an immediate installation by Sony. Super professional.

Initial reactions:

- beautiful TV. Very rich looking as expected from Sony.
- watched some HDR, DV content. Awesome. Excellent back lighting and colors.
- veiwing in dark room is a superb experience. No reflection ans very good viewing angles.
- DTH content - good enough, can be made better with some picture settings, i hope.
- I could have DEFINITELY gone for a 65".

I think I need to search for some good picture settings. I have seen a lot of calibrations on the web - Rtings etc. Too many options and too technical for my understanding. Any recommendations on where to find a more simplified and step by step to the best settings for DTH content and Full HD movies on OTT ? HDR and DV is more or less auto (I guess).

I will share more thoughts as and when I have a new and bettwr experience. I think this was a great choice of the model but mistake in terms of size.

Thank you all for your wonderful support.

Quick update. Reveived my 950G 55" today evening by 6 pm followed by an immediate installation by Sony. Super professional.

Initial reactions:

- beautiful TV. Very rich looking as expected from Sony.
- watched some HDR, DV content. Awesome. Excellent back lighting and colors.
- veiwing in dark room is a superb experience. No reflection ans very good viewing angles.
- DTH content - good enough, can be made better with some picture settings, i hope.
- I could have DEFINITELY gone for a 65".

I think I need to search for some good picture settings. I have seen a lot of calibrations on the web - Rtings etc. Too many options and too technical for my understanding. Any recommendations on where to find a more simplified and step by step to the best settings for DTH content and Full HD movies on OTT ? HDR and DV is more or less auto (I guess).

I will share more thoughts as and when I have a new and bettwr experience. I think this was a great choice of the model but mistake in terms of size.

Thank you all for your wonderful support.

Finally :cool:

congrats bro. Enjoy the TV with your family :) Cheers

Congratulations on your purchase, waiting for your review of the same, what is the final price(if possible initial quote too)?

Congratulations on your purchase, waiting for your review of the same, what is the final price(if possible initial quote too)?
I had a store credit so my pricing was a a different game. But one can get this TV for around 105000 - 108000 in Delhi. Though not everyone has readily availble stock for the 950Gs.

I had a store credit so my pricing was a a different game. But one can get this TV for around 105000 - 108000 in Delhi. Though not everyone has readily availble stock for the 950Gs.
cool, on Sony it's available for 111000, any idea about 65"?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back