Samsung PS51E550 Owners' Thread - First impressions, Reviews, Issues, etc.

It's been 14 months since I got my PS51E550, and it seems to have developed some vertical lines on the screen. The TV has been working off surge protectors, stabilizer et al.

On checking with the Samsung technician he says I have to replace my panel! 25k! I'm colossally pissed off!

Wouldn't suggest anyone to buy this model. My Panny 42" works perfectly fine after 4 years. Man, I wish I didn't go the Samsung way.

That is bad to read!!

This is one reason why i wanted to avoid Samsung Plasma. Last year samsung did not give extended warranty on Plasma Tv's.

Atleast from this year, Samsung is giving extended warranty for 1+3 for 11k.
that wld make sense.

It's been 14 months since I got my PS51E550, and it seems to have developed some vertical lines on the screen. The TV has been working off surge protectors, stabilizer et al.

On checking with the Samsung technician he says I have to replace my panel! 25k! I'm colossally pissed off!

Wouldn't suggest anyone to buy this model. My Panny 42" works perfectly fine after 4 years. Man, I wish I didn't go the Samsung way.

Unfortunately my 15 months old PS51E550 is also developed one thin vertical line on the left side. Till now I did not register a complaint to Samsung. I also tried to reset the settings but it didn't help.

I think it's time for Samsung to first rectify their panels to last long instead of focusing on bringing new models, I have personally seen so many complaints on samsung panels whether it is LED or Plasmas on their FB page or at service centers. I myself is the victim of Samsung after purchasing F5500 during Diwali , to my luck I could able to get back my amount after lot of chasing with Samsung ppl.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back