Samsung, Sony or Panasonic LCD TV ?

vinod_david

Banned
Banned
Samsung LA26R71BX/XTL LCD TV, offer price 30,000/-. Sony 26" is around 39k, and Panasonic 32" is just 34k in Futurebazaar. I am inclined towards Samsung, my room size is 12x11, so ruled out 32". Now, my question, is Samsung a good buy. Please suggest. Thanx.

Vinod, I think your room can very well afford a 32 incher. Just in case you are thinking in those lines do check out
these models before making your choice.

a) Samsung LN-T3253H
b) Sharp LC-32GP1U

All the best.

its front hall cum dining, so sofas are in the middle, would still 32" be fine, coz i thought picture won't be sharp when sitting so close, if in 26" it would be better up that close.

its front hall cum dining, so sofas are in the middle, would still 32" be fine, coz i thought picture won't be sharp when sitting so close, if in 26" it would be better up that close.

Just one more consideration to help you decide the size of TV you require. All these TV's are 16:9 aspect ratio vs 4:3 of old. If you prefer to watch 4:3 size picture in 4:3 aspect ratio, then the picture size is equal to that on a 21" TV, while for a 32" TV it is equivalent of a 25" TV. (If you are interested, I can supply the complete maths)

I feel that you may be dissappointed seeing the small picture of a 26" TV (this is because I assume you are on this forum as you interested in home theatre and the sorts). I also feel that 32" will not overwhelm your room. It may just be the right size.

Also, I would suggest that you check the Panasonic model also as it has the best SD video processing of all the low price models. Finally, use your own eyes to make the buying decision.

Regards,
Prasad Redkar.

One thing we should remember is : CRT is better than LCD in allmost all aspect (unless u use ur TV for gaming). Ofcource, the gap is getting minimal.
I can understand if you are looking for a big sreen size, but for 26" and for a tighter budget, you are going to watch low quality video than what you were watching before with your old CRT.

i agree with vijay, with this money you are going to spoil your viewing experience, let it be samsung, sony or panasonic.

dont waste that 30k.

Hi Folks,
Ths s aRUN..
Hope evry1 s dng gud...
gud 2 c u all..

Frnz can u suggest me smthng?
am planing 2 get a LCD..probably 32"..
ur suggestions pls:p:p

Hi Folks,
Ths s aRUN..
Hope evry1 s dng gud...
gud 2 c u all..

Frnz can u suggest me smthng?
am planing 2 get a LCD..probably 32"..
ur suggestions pls:p:p
Why don't you start a new thread rather than resurrecting a 2 year old one? Try to type in plain English. It may be more readable than the language you have used.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back